iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log House Moulder by Logosol

Started by aniakhenry, August 04, 2006, 12:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aniakhenry

Hello,

I have been reading posts for a long time and finally got on board ;D  I just purchaed a Lumbermate 2000 and cant wait to start putting it together, however I have been interested in the logosol log house moulder for some time.  I have searched all archives and haven't seen any discussions about this logosol tool.  Anyone have one and do you have to have the logosol frame to run this moulder or could you make it work on something else.  Would love to see pics if there are any out there.

Thanks,

aniakhenry

Raphael

Quote from: aniakhenry on August 04, 2006, 12:16:29 PM
I have been interested in the logosol log house moulder for some time.  I have searched all archives and haven't seen any discussions about this logosol tool.  Anyone have one and do you have to have the logosol frame to run this moulder or could you make it work on something else.
  I haven't used the loghouse moulder but I'm pretty familiar with all of Logosol's milling equipment and feel pretty certain that adapting it to an alternate guide beam would be a fairly simple matter. You could either use the glides provided with the moulder and adapt a rail to work with them or replace the glides with something appropriate to an existing guide beam.

Here's and end view of the Logosol's guide beam.

The important part to duplicate is the lip sticking out to the left and right at the top of the beam.  Two pieces of the right guage angle iron screwed to the right width timber should work.

Here's a picture of one of the two glides that ride the rail (picture is inverted).

The hex head screw acts as a keeper for a nylon insert that makes contact with the rail.  The 't' shaped slot in the glide traps a nut for the bolt that attaches it to the bottom of the saw sled (basically a flat steel plate or pair of plates).

Hope this helps.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Thank You Sponsors!