iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hazey Humid and HOT

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, August 01, 2006, 06:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Yep, we have the 3 H's going here. I put another window a/c unit in yesterday just in time for 99.4f today!! :o

Skipped my softball game yesterday, they just don't ned to try and cary me off the field.

I'm goin to get a popcicle ;D

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Mooseherder

CHARLIE

We've been having a long hard drought here in western Wisconsin. Crops have really suffered. After a week of temps in the 97° to 99° range, we finally hit 103° Yesterday. :o

Last night a thunderstorm came through........finally!.........and dumped some rain on us. And, it rained all day today! 8) 8)  We need a lot  of rain though cause we are 8" down from the norm.  Along with the rain, the temp fell to a comfortable 80°! 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

OneWithWood

Still plenty hot here.  Milling with fogged safety glasses again yesterday afternoon.  Temp was 97.4°F and the humidity was right at 95%.  Fortunately there was a bit of a breeze, hot but still a breeze.  Today I feel a bit drained . . . .  will be back at it in a couple of hours and should have the milling part done for a few days smiley_sweat_drop

then its back to the coolness of the woods
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Burlkraft

Jeez Charlie.......I oughta move north...It's still about 93* here...but it's cloudin' up ;D ;D ;D

The humidity is still out of control.....I was just unloadin' the truck and I'm sweated out :-\ :-\ :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Tom

It gets even hotter if go south.   .........less you leave the country.  ;D

getoverit

There was a similar heat wave/drought in the late 80's or early 90's that the weather people blamed on an "El Nino" or something like that. It seems that warm water patterns in the pacific lead the way for this type of weather and lack of rain. When the cycle turns from Nino to Nina, it goes the other way with cooler temps and flooding.

Heck, just a few years ago we had over 6" of snow here in Florida, and it snowed as far south as Orlando.  Crazy weather... just crazy
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

sawguy21

Cooled off a bit here last weekend which was a nice break, even saw some rain. Ma Nature is cranking it back up though, the boulevards and lawns look more like wheat stubble.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CHARLIE

Getoverit, it's that DanG space shuttle! Ever since they first shot that thing up into the atmosphere, the weather has been crazy! :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!