iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just a Quick Peek...

Started by tcsmpsi, July 21, 2006, 04:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcsmpsi

Only had a moment or two, as I just got back from picking up the mill.  And, it is Friday, with a gob of stuff to do.  But, just had to make a quick take and stop to allow that we DO  8) now have a mill.

It was still being worked on when we got there and it took about 3 hrs to finish, train and saw some boards.   I was glad to watch (maybe twist a bolt or two), there was another fellow there to pick the same model, but without the additions.  Everything I saw, was a 'three phase' production.  One did it, later another came and checked it, then later another checked, and so on.

Anyhow, here are a couple quick shots, loading arms are in transport condition and the leveling legs are in the truck (didn't want to take the chance of transport, though they are supposed to take it ok).

Well, in my currently hurried state, I didn't get the quality too good.  But, there be more when I get it delivered to its current sawing spot.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Bibbyman

Looks all shiney and new.  Let's see it make some sawdust!   8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

tcsmpsi

Well, DanG now Bibby, shucks already have pitch and sawdust on the thing.

Long as I've had it ordered, I just need to look at it and smell it for just a little bit.  I'll know every screw, nut and bolt before I go to sawing on it. 

Got caught up just a little bit, and maybe have a few better pics (just couldn't help myself).

The deck is 22.5' long and should easily accomodate a 18' log.

With the adjustable trailer tongue, everything hooked right up and even the lights all worked first time.

Only got to use these on one log, but I like the way they work so far.

Only sawed up one syp into 2X4s, but it worked swimmingly.

DanG...forgot to load them up and bring them with me.  Could have done that with the premise of cleaning up the floor.    ;D

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

sprucebunny

Looks good  8) 8)

Bet you're a happy man after the long wait ;D

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

tcsmpsi

Thanks, sprucebunny.

Honestly...everything was better than I had anticipated.  I was really glad to be there in the final fitting.  Didn't hurt my feelings to saw up a few 2X4s either. 

Just noticed that you are in NH.  I just happen to have a NH carry permit.   :)

Larry

Betcha somebody gonna be sawing logs all night long. ;D

Glad to see ya got phase one completed.

And thanks for the pics...I enjoy seeing mills other than the yellowish red ones. :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

LOGDOG

Congratulations! Had you on my mind this morning wondering if you were headed to pick it up. Looking forward to seeing pics of that nice pine turned into lumber.  :)

LOGDOG

brdmkr

Good looking mill.  I look forward to the full report once you get into that stack of logs.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

joelmar10

I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

thecfarm

Lucky you.You will have a good time sawing and learning.Looking forward to more pictures and stories.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodwalker

Bettcha one thing, you ain't gonna bend anything on it. Herman and his crew build em to last.
Congratulations.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

getoverit

Nice lookin mill ya got there !  I hope you have years of fun and enjoyment sawing with it.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Ivey

Good lookin mill Tcsmpsi,glad you got it.  8) 8)

I like that color,I ordered a LM-4 tuesday-- told me 90 days :-[, but I can do a lot more learning here til
then :P

Keep us informed as I know you will- we (I) want to know all about it :o
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

LOGDOG

Ivey, there's an LM4 for sale on E-Bay right now ...$10,000.00 ... Even has the debarker. You'd save yourself a lot of money and no waiting. Check out E-bay motors section, then click "Others".

LOGDOG

tcsmpsi

Quote from: joelmar10 on July 21, 2006, 09:24:20 PM
Ain't she perty!!!

Well now, if you're talking about that little barefoot rascal standing there with the pointy hat, yep, she shure 'nuff is.   ;)

Ivey,
Now, don't take offense and don't get too dependent on that 90 day completion.  I would easily say there is a better than good chance that might linger a bit.   ;)  Did you get the Cat or Cummins?  They were working a LM4 but the condition would strongly suggest it was ordered long before Tuesday.  But, with it too, nothing was getting done, that someone else didn't come behind and ask and check, and then someone else behind them, etc.  
When you go to pick it up, don't be the least bit bashful or reticent about asking and checking every little thing.  
"Hurry" is not the key word there.  

Getoverit,
Thanks!  All the while standing there watching and talking, Herman was going over how simple it would be to power it.    ;)  Then what would I do with those harness and draw lines I have built to fit the teenagers?

Hey Woodwalker...
Even the blade lube tank is heavy steel.  We got there about 9am, and Herman was already drenched and dirty.  We all had as good a time as if we knew what we was a doing.   ;)  At first glance, I was just tad disappointed about the tire size, then I looked at them closely and noticed they are rated to tote tangled up bull elephants.

thecfarm,

May need to special order an extra bait of them grits to keep us ginnin'.  So far, I've gotten about half of the nuts, bolts and fittings all checked to my own satisfaction.  If it doesn't rain too hard today, I'll get it all set up and leveled and maybe enough time to start sawing.

Yep, brdmkr, those logs are sure enough now getting dangerously close to sawdust and boards.   A lot of it has a much more realistic view now.  The preliminary mill shed 'plan' has changed a bit now that I have on hand specifics of the mill and its nature.

Now, LOGDOG, you (of all folks) ought to knowed that, discounting major catastrophic events, that I was going to be there.  As mentioned, we just sawed up the one log into 2X4s, but with a big box of blades and a little time, I should be ready for some of those other folk's logs before long.  ;)
You know, that skillmill from Peterson is a dandy looking piece of equipment.

That yellowish red is certainly a predominant species, Larry.  Another well-built machine.  But yeah, a little change of scenerey doesn't hurt from time to time.  There are a lot of folks building and/or thinking of building their own bandmills, and there might be a few odds and ends on or about the mill I have which might be of benefit.  It is a lot like a 'homebuilt' machine, with lots of common steel and off the shelf components.

Here, I must mention once again, that the folk's support and knowledge base of this forum is unprecedented.

red

All Sounds Great !

Now get rid of that pile of logs you got and get some more  8)

Then do all over again and again

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Ivey

Thanks LOGDOG for the info, I"ll take

a look-
--
    Tcsmpsi  I don't spect it will be 3 months more like 4  I told Herman the cummins, he told me that I could change my mind to a cat up to point, before they start.. same hp. What do you all think  6 of 1 half dozen another?                                               
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

PawNature

If the Wife would only let you store it in the bedroom at night everything would be fine
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

tcsmpsi

Red,

Seems getting rid of that stack of logs I have might take a bit longer than anticipated.  However, we shall not let that deter us from our path.   ;)

Well, Paw, the wife would have no problem with it in the bedroom (we don't get to spend much time there anyhow).  The real problem would be getting it up and down the stairs.  That's alright though, for I have the plan to build an auxillary bedroom around the mill.

Man, Ivey, with the Cat or the Cummins in this day and time, I couldn't begin to give you any feedback one way or another.   Either should be quite adequate. 

Sunday, we did saw some boards, after setting up, getting bunks set for stacking boards, debarking and washing some logs.  Rolled in a thunderhead as it has been doing so frequently around here this summer.

Got some pretty good looking 2X8s and 2X6s, 12-18' long.  Too dark to get any pics.  Will try soon to get a few.

Fixing to close the shop for the day, and go see if it is raining at the house and what I might be able to get done at the mill.

jpgreen

THAT is one awesome lookin' mill..  :)

Definite WhoooooHooooo on that one..  8)

Onlyest problem is now you've got to change your profile info..  ;D

CONGRATS!!
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

tcsmpsi

Hey, jp.  Plumb forgot about the profile.  Thanks! (all the way around)

Looks even better set up with clean logs ramped, flitches and cutoffs starting to pile up, sawdust...and, oh yeah, board or two and stickers here and there. 

That is, of course, the little time it hasn't been covered in plastic.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!