iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Horespower required for Hydraulic drive...

Started by LOGDOG, July 20, 2006, 04:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOGDOG

Hi Everyone,

I've got an idea rolling around in my head and wondered if some of you talented folks can help answer a question or two along the way.

I'm wondering: If a person uses an electric, gas, or diesel motor to drive a hydraulic pump off the motors pto and power a hydraulic gearbox/drive box - what is the horsepower conversion ratio from the motor driving the pump to actual generated horsepower at the gearbox/drivebox? Any resources available in the way of conversion tables would be great. Sources for such hydraulic parts would be great too.

Thanks for all your posts ...

LOGDOG

Woodwalker

Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

LOGDOG

Thank you Woodwalker!!! That is an excellent calculator for more reasons than one. On the surplus hydraulics side ... their pumps were a little smaller than I need after reviewing the calculator. Good start though.

Thanks again,

LOGDOG

Fla._Deadheader

Check Surplus Center again. They had good books on Fluid Power.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

LOGDOG

Ok ...we'll do. Hey Fla._Deadheader ...I've got an idea for you but I need to sketch it out and scan it. I'll try to get at it tomorrow and have it for the evening. I think it'll make life lots easier for you down there. By the way, Se hable espanol?

Hasta manana amigos...

LOGDOG

beenthere

Remember our sponsor Eggimann. I believe Brandon is their hydraulics man. Member Burlkraft put us in close touch with them (I think if Burlkraft is on schedule, he is making a trip to the Left Coast about now). 

Brandon at Eggimann

Might have to PM him or go through his email on his profile page.

Seems he hasn't been utilized much yet, although I have talked to him directly and he was helpful and informative.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

theonlybull

standard rule for industrial equipment.  hydrulic motors , and systems are , at best 65% efficent,  plus you want  1 hp for every gallon of flow at 1500 psi. 

these are rough figures.  but work out pretty close in the real world. hydrulics are rather inefficent, and very power robbing
Keith Berry & Son Ltd.
machine work and welding

Thank You Sponsors!