iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Indoor facilities question

Started by pigman, July 19, 2006, 11:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

Y'all was so helpfull with my icebox refrigerator problem  that I'm sure you will be able to help with this minor problem I have. I just installed a brand spanking new indoor facility or better known as a toilet. You see there is a sticker on the front of the water tank that my wife wants removed and I don't know how. :( I will post a picture to show you the problem.

While occuping the throne there is no way I can reach around and remove that sticker. >:( My wife just wants me to remove the sticker facing the thing, but the sticker clearly states that I must occupy the throne before I remove it. I almost threw my back out trying to reach around and remove that thing.
Does anybody have  an idea how I can obey the law and  and still remove that sticker?
Bob - the owner of a brand new indoor facility
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DanG

Bob, I can certainly see how this could be cornfuzzing to a simple pig farmer.  Sometimes when we choose to step into a new era, indoor plumbing in this case, we have to change some old habits.  It works a lot better if you are facing the tank when you occupy that sort of a throne.  Not only does that provide you a handy little desk for working yer crossword puzzle, but it makes it easy to take the razor blade to that little label.  Just be careful to not let the razor blade slip. :o ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

beenthere

You better just leave well enough alone. No bad back thata way.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CHARLIE

Let the wife take the label off and then the guv'ment boys will leave you alone.  To get the gummy adhesive off the tank, just put some WD-40 on a paper towel and rub it off clean. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

The only time I would ever recommend w-d 40 over rust reaper is for getting sticky stuff off of toilet tanks.

Pigman, occupant means you have to be within something not just on it. I know this has probably confused the situation a bit, but you really want to father the letter of the label when it comes to GTP.  (Governmental Toilet Protocol)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

Well, thanks for the advice everyone. When I got up this morning the tag was gone. :o The wife must have removed it. Since she is not a contortionist, see broke the law. :-X  I will not be able to sleep for the next twenty years worrying about the Govment tag Police coming and taking her away. :( I think I read somewhere on the internet that twenty years is the statute of limitations on illegal tag removal. If the wife is not with me at the piggy roast, everyone will know she was caught and sent to Git Mo.
Bob

Gary_C

While this is fresh in your mind, you better go around the house and check to see that all tags are still on your pillows and matresses. When the GTP do come around, another missing tag will tell them you are a repeat violator and the penalities may be extra severe.  :o 
They may even ship you to Texas where they know how to deal with habitual criminals.  ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

getoverit

:o

Other states are trying to do away with the death penalty, BUT I hear that Texas is putting in an express lane. ::)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Jeff

Oh!  Thats what he meant. I thought Gary meant that he would have to go live with Don Staples. Whew.

joelmar10

How did the missus fit in that thing?  Better ask her and let us know.  And you might want to check all your fire retardant footy pajamas to make sure their tags are still on also.  GTP will go through your dresser drawers too.
I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

Furby

My tag has been on the tank since I bought the place.
Still there in case GTP raids me. ;)

pigman

I have another question for all of you smart people. Furby, you can answer too if you like. ;) I noticed in the picture of the tag that the facility is called a water closet. :o  Do  city people actually store their drinking water in those things. I sure wouldn't want to drink water stored in that thing. smiley_airfreshener
We country folks might drink from a creek or spring, but I have never heard of a hillbilly drinking from a privy. ::)
Bob  - the confused one

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D I believe water closet was the original term when they were invented in the 19th century.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Gary_C

WC came from England so it is strickly a UK name. However in this country that label is for your dog. You hillbillys do have dogs?  ???

Jeff, Don will never see that, or maybe you ain't worried after he put up his picture?  :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

DanG

In this country, it was originally called a crapper, after the man who invented it, Thomas Crapper.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

I drink from the tank, the dog drinks from the bowl. ;)

sawguy21

Furb, the tank makes a great wine/beer cooler too ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pigman

Quote from: Gary_C on July 20, 2006, 01:22:04 PM
You hillbillys do have dogs?  ???

Of course this hillbilly has a dog. 8) My dog stays outside and drinks from the creek. It seem that more urbanites let their dogs in the house than us hillbillies. Maybe because our shacks are already full of kids. ;)
Bob

Engineer

Quote from: sawguy21 on July 20, 2006, 06:50:34 PM
Furb, the tank makes a great wine/beer cooler too ;D

Not if your toilet is plumbed to the hot water line.   ;D

Don't laugh - they make insulated toilets and mixing valves for plumbing to a hot line, that way the bowl doesn't sweat in the summer, and it's many times easier to keep clean.

You just have to make sure that when it's 100 degrees in the house you keep it flushed so you aren't cooking a fresh pot of poop soup.....   :-\ :D

logwalker

How often do you have to empty that contraption? Doesn't sound like fun. Privies belong in the woods. Just my .02's.
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Mooseherder

Somebody will be by to replace the sticker removed illegally.

pigman

Quote from: logwalker on July 20, 2006, 08:33:52 PM
How often do you have to empty that contraption? . .
That was going to be my next question. I am glad the four kids are grown and have moved out, if not that would be a daily chore. :(
I want y'alls opinion on whether to use wood shavings or hydrated lime in that thing . smiley_headscratch
Mooseherder, I hope they have better luck finding that sticker to replace than I did. I think the wife burned the thing. I just don't think she knows the potential trouble she caused in removing that sticker the incorrect way.
Bob

Jeff

Bob, what ya got do is cut a hole in the floor for the syphon pail. The instructions were probably on the back of that do not remove tag. You do realize you have to syphon it to empty it? Sucking on that syphon hose is one of the big reasons they dont have indoor facilities in the U.P.   Yooze guys make fun of Chet, but at least he's smart enough not to have an indoor toilet. There aint nothin worse then drinkin yer blue beer more then once.

Bill

Bob

Now ah been thinking on your particular situation and it seems you jus might git your missus outa trouble. You could end up being a hero here - saving her from the whoscow and all.

Now as I rightly seed on that thar sticker the occupant could be aremoving that thar aforesaid sticker - well that thars the key. Yor missus has to move inta your new throne room till the satute a limitations done runs out. Now she may be a complaining but ya needa splain it s fer her own good - not wantin to be a felon or worse.

now she might be aworrying bout y'all having run a the house but she can't be afocusing on them kinda trivolities - her criminal records at stake here and you'll probaly have to to make comforting visits to her while she be doing the occupanting - I heared them legal folks might call 'em conjugal visits or such but I wouldn't rightly know bout such things - anyway ya needa do it for her and maybe iffen your strong you kin pull both of ya thru this situation.

We'll all a wishing ya the best and we won't be tellin a sole what she's done till after them limitations run thar course.

Good Luck and be strong  . . .      ;D

Don_Papenburg

Bob , you sure she didn't just turn the tank backards? Might could be the sticker is still on there .  Take a lookin glass and slide it behind the tank . If it is there well you all are fine . If it ain't just be glad Janet Rino ain't the atty gen. no more.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!