iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I hate waiting, (News link added)

Started by Quartlow, July 11, 2006, 06:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

I just got off the phone with my sister. One of my nephews was in a truck accident out by clarion pa. And the only thing I know so far is they life flighted him to Mercy hospital in Pittsburgh, he is on a ventilator in the burn unit.

I'm holding off calling the wife till I know more. I figure there is no sense gettign her worked up at work till I know more. Wade is my favorite nephews and this tearing me up. His Mom, Dad, Sister in law, brothers and and a cousin are all ready on their way there. I'm just holding off for a bit. I figure theres no sense in a pile of people crowding up the place.

So if anyone out by clarion see's something on the news let me know. Right now we don't even know what caused the accident.

News story

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Fla._Deadheader

DanG Quartlow. Sorry to hear this news.  :(  Please update as you learn more. Your family is on my list as are the others in dire straits.  ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Quartlow

Well I just got off the phone with one of my nieces.
So far all I know is he has second and third degree burns on his face,neck and chest.
They are keeping him on the ventilator since they sucpect some internal burning.
That came from a nurse, they are satill waiting to hear from the DR.

Thanks FD. Seems we are getting hit left and right around here lately
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

tnlogger

sorry to hear that Quartlow keep us updated and we got you'll on our prayer list.
gene

asy

Awful news Quart.   :'(

Please keep us updated, I sure hope he's ok.  :)

Also, I hope these don't run in threes :(

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

isawlogs

Sorry to hear of the accident Quart ,  pulling for him up this way , hope he pulls out ok .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

Please keep us posted on what is going on.I will keep Wade in my thoughts and prays.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Quartlow

Thanks guys,

I just got off the phone with my niece again. His carbon dioxide levels are high, but not dangerously high. At this point they feel he has little internal burning. The out side is a diffearnt story. He has mostly second and some 3rd degree burns on 57% of his body. They said the next 16 hours is the most critical

His  brother talked to his employer. He told him that the truck is gone, the only thing left is the engine frame  transmission  and rearends. At this point in time they think he fell asleep. Truck went straight off the road at a curve into the woods the lentgh of the truck.

Again, thanks guys. this is why I keep coming here.

News Story
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Fla._Deadheader

News sounds better than the original post.  8)  Hope he is not as severe as first thought.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Quartlow

Thanks Harold, I'm leaving for pittsburgh just as soon as I get lunch out of the way.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

DoubleD

Quartlow I am sorry for your nephew I will pray for his healing
Wannabe a sawmiller

Quartlow

just got home. I really don't know a whole lot more. he is breathing a bit more on his own 4 breaths out of 17 on the ventilator, last night it was 2 out of 17. They are going to keep him under for 7 days.

All the xrays came back negative and the only other damage is some bruising on his right knee. There are no open cuts and no contusions that they can see at this time.

I did get a chance to talk to his boss today. He told me he talked to the lady that called it in. She said when she ran across the road she saw him climbing out of what was left of the cab and at that point he was on fire. He apparently kept his wits about him enough to get a few feet from the truck and to drop and roll.

On a plus side there are only two other people in the burn unit right now so he is getting lots off attention.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Quartlow

latest is, Wades tempature is starting to come down and the swelling is starting to go down some. The got his feeding tube in. Other than that not much to report.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

asy

Fantastic news Quart!

I've been thinking about him, hoping he's getting better.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Woodcarver

Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Quartlow

One of my nephews snaped these the other day after they recovered Wades truck. I'm waiting on the ones from the crash scene.

Trooper told wades boss that he has never seen anyone make it out of a wreck this bad.

As for Wade himself, they are slowly decreasing the meds in preperation to waking him up. His temp keeps ranging from 98 to 100 degrees but his heart rate is down to 120 from 170. Other than that we are still waiting.

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

thecfarm

Wow,I can see why the trooper said that.It looks like tangled up pieces of metal.Lucky he is alive at all.Someone has a plan for him.Please keep us all posted.I'm in his corner with our thoughts and prayers.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bill

Our prayers are with you and yours . . .

Quartlow

Thanks guys, I figure God isn't ready for him yet.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

DanG

Thanks for the update, Quartlow.  I was gettin' ready to ask about it.  That truck sure is a mess!  I'll be hoping and praying for Wade's full recovery.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

UNCLEBUCK

Wade was lucky he was able to get out under his own power . I've seen lots of wrecks but not too many fires . I hope Wade gets healthy soon !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Quartlow

Thanks guys,, I agree The good lord must have a plan for that boy or he wouldn't be here yet.
But then again he is pretty stubborn and just refused to go knowing him.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Quartlow

I talked to My brother this morning. They where going to take him down and scrape him  :o They told him it would take 4 to 6 hours. 2 hours later they where done  8) It wasn't as bad as they where expecting. They managed to get his eyes opened up yesterday and both eyes are responding to light correctly  8). They are continuing to drop the meds and they hope to have him awake in the next couple or three days.

Of course not all is good, one of my nieces got with Wades mother and they worked with everyone to get a schedule going so there wasn't a huge parade of people in and out. Tuesday was supposed to be The wife and I in the early part of the day and his middle brother and his wife that evening. His mom took some paperwork down to billing when we left and when she came back one of his nephews was there with 3 of his friends, and then his oldest brother shows up with his wife and their baby.

From what my brother tells me Wades Mom ran them all off and has his vivitors restricted to just a handfull of people.
OS well some folks just don't get it I guess
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Quartlow

I just got off the the phone with my brother. Wade is awake but still pretty groggy but his eyes are open and he knows who is there. Ventilater is out along with all the other tubes they had down his throat and he is sitting up.

The had him down a took some of the dead skin off today and layered him with pigskin to promote the healing and the DR's say he is responding well.

An update on the crash, The lady who called it in called the state police today and told them just prior to the crash two cars where headed north bound side by side in what appeard to her to be a race. At the time she didn't think it was important Where Wade ran off the road he had just crested a hill. Up until now we had figured he either fell asleep or blacked out. Now theres the possibility that he was trying to avoid a head on.

What triggered this? apparently she was out in her front yard yesterday and the same two cars went by side by side agian. She did get one of the license numbers. So we will see what happens
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

DanG

That's great news about Wade's progress, Quart! 8) 8)  We'll continue prayin' and pullin' for him.

I ain't gonna comment about those punks that are racin' on the road.  Jeff won't let me say what I want to about them! >:( >:( >:(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!