iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

To Hot and To Humid Out

Started by GF, July 14, 2006, 11:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF

Yesterday it was 102, today is expected to be 105.  Looks like 100+ for the next several days.  The past three mornings its rained also, it has been making it very hot and humid.  :-\

Heat indexes are 108 to 111 with the humidity.

Tom

Y'all are having a cold front move through, eh?   :D

GF

You go outside and do nothing and its instant sweat.   I was splitting firewood over the past weekend, it just aint right splitting firewood when its close to 100 degrees.   Apparently there is alot of hot air coming in from Texas (imagine that).   :D ;)

Tom

Yeah, we should be out splitting firewood too.  100 degrees is getting pretty close to needing a fire in the fireplace.  These lingering winters and frigid summer days have caused us to run out of firewood too.  Usually a good Fall Stocking will get us well into July.

brdmkr

Yeah, I hear you Tom.  I'm planning on sawing tomorrow.  The HI is supposed to be around 115.  With that, I may have to wear a jacket.  Maybe, I'll just light a small fire to keep my hands warm.  I'm looking forward to sawing, but not the heat :o
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Quartlow

yeah I broke  sweat today just tieing up tomoto plants  :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

bedway

you people are sick ,,sick,,sick! when the temps start pushing the 80s i get uncomfortable :)

twoodward15

80's?  I get hot over 70 and would prefer a steady comfortably warm 30 degrees year round.........................farenheit that is!!!!!!
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

WH_Conley

Should we wear hip boots when visiting Florida? Sounds like it is getting deep. :D
Bill

UNCLEBUCK

I am experiencing a full major drought here and no relief in the 7 days ahead . 100 for the weekend , fencing as fast as I dare , cows have ate everything they can reach , even the leaves and twigs above their heads .

Hay prices are expected triple .

Only thing to do until about 5pm everyday when the sun isnt so bad is hide . Hope the pictures  explain it all .

smile_banjoman               sketti_1        cone_1
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Jeff

Its been in the 90's here thelast two days, Saturday and Sunday are both expected to have heat indexs of between 100-110. Poor phisically fit Jeff the admin and Jeff the stump jumper will be out in it torchin and weldin on the new forum pig roaster. Well, I'll be watching and supervisin but I'll be hot just the same.  Tammy and Stacy got stopped on thier flooring project in the shed though as we have some big thunder boomers coming through and all cutting operations are outside.  THey almost have it done. Maybe 25 or 30 square feet to go.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

I was puting a brake band on the doser today , this working in the heat is insane ...   :o  I am doing this over at my sisters , she has a pool and my BIL came in from work and jumped into the pool to cool off ...  Then it registered ... POOL  didn't take long to jump in that after thinking about it  ::) ::)  Here I have been going at this for two days and there is a pool right there not 100 feet from me .  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

woodmills1

yes, Mr. sun just tore me up today.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Don_Papenburg

Wow a hunert plus degrees .   I don't like it when it gets past the get nekid ninties.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Woodcarver

Upper 90's, maybe a hundred, here the next two or three days.  Virtually no rain for the last month.  'Bout like your area, Uncle Buck.  Second crop hay won't amount to anything, except where it's irrigated.  Corn and soybeans are in bad shape, too. I'm happy not to be a farmer.

The lady carver is a partner in a small family farm down in the southwestern corner of the state.  They have heavy clay soil down there and they've been getting more rain then then they need. I keep telling them to send some our way, but it ain't happening.  :(

Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

treecyclers

Quote from: brdmkr on July 14, 2006, 11:58:02 AM
The HI is supposed to be around 115. 

Yer a big BABY!
In Phoenix today the temperaturmometer on my truck read 121 at 2PM, meaning that it went up at least another 5 degrees by 4P, the hottest part of the day.
Though I spect my tires might melt if it were any hotter....dry heat my EYE!
I had to use oven mitts to open my truck door and grab the steering wheel!
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Mr Mom

Upper 80's yesterday and very humid out. Went to cut firewood and pulled the saw two times and put it back.
     It's the humid that get me. I can work when it is hot  but when it get humid out i done.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom.

woodbeard

It's been in the 90's here, not so bad, temperature-wise, but the humidity is getting to where I am considering getting me some scuba gear.  ::)

Norm

We had some 90's earlier this summer but it was real dry so the humidity was low. Not real bad to work in if you took breaks but this stuff lately is with high humidity. They had a dense fog advisory this morning for our county, windows were running with water on the house.

Our area was very close to losing a bunch of crops because of no rain but in the last two weeks we've received something like 5"s of rain. The curled stunted corn grew like crazy. They used to call that a million dollar rain, must be inflation because I heard a couple of comments about the billion dollar rains we've had. :D

Tom

We use the humidity in Florida to our advantage.  It's a lot safer to swim up onto the roof than use a ladder, so we wait til summer to do most of our roofing work.

The tree surgeons are catching on too.  They can swim into the top of a tree and float the trimmings to the truck.

I went fishing with a friend of mine back in the '70's.  That's back before the turn of the century.  We were using my little 14' flat bottomed boat.  Someone had stolen my motor a few weeks prior and so we were using oars.   It was pretty foggy when we got up at our campsite on Boggy Creek and we almost didn't go fishing.  We weren't going to miss a chance at some early morning bass, so we rowed up the creek and cast to where we thought the bank was.    It was no time before we limited out on bass and headed back to make a pot of coffee and clean fish.  The boat got hung up and we couldn't get it to move.   We pushed and shoved and nothing happened.   As the fog began clear a little bit, we saw that we had been rowing around on top of it and were hung in the top of a little oak tree not too far from the bank.  We got off of the tree but had to wait till the fog went out before we could get back to camp.  

Woodwalker

I was gona post something, but just don't think I can top Tom's fishing story. From what I've heard, fishing ain't that good on Boggy Creek.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Den Socling

I can't believe the heat and humidity and mosquitoes and black flies. It is miserable outside in NE PA! I have been installing and moving AC's and my back is killing me!.  :(

woodbeard

The air was so still today, I hung a toe tag on it.

Paschale

I tell you what...I'll take the 95 degree temps we had today over blowing, blustery snow, ANY DAY of the week! 

Gimme 95 over 15 anytime.   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

SwampDonkey

Rains here every other day. Humidity 80 + and temps in mid to upper 80's for the last few days and the next few ahead. I think friday was hotter than today, and tommorrow is suppose to be in the 90's. Picked 14 litres of raspberries this morning before lunch. Got sun burned the first time this year. I usually wear long sleeves in the bush and when your under forest cover your not as easily burned by the sun, just the skeeters and deer flies. :D Some of you guys are right about the black flies to, they are out early in the woods, but when it's hot the biting flies ('cept deer flies) disappear and the blow flies come pestering.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!