iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Im goin' on vacation!

Started by moosehunter, July 07, 2006, 09:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

Off to northern Maine.

"Life the way it should be" ( is that correct Pappy?)

We plan to do NOTHING.

Get up in the morning and listen to the Loons.

Read a book.

Visit with Pappy!!

Lobster at the Sportsman digin1

Fish a little. ( hope not too many fish interupt our relaxation)

As for pics,... we always take a camera. Almost never remember to take pictures ::)

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

pappy

close mh "Maine the way life should be"

but up here in Aroostook we say "The County the way Maine should be,, or the way Maine was" or something like that  :D  :D  :D

http://www.visitaroostook.com/about_aroostook.cfm

"( hope not too many fish interupt our relaxation)"

no worries mate...  da bugs do dat   ::)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

gary

Have a nice trip. I couldn't get any time off this summer but my wife is going to Hamlin  Maune next week to see her parents.

UNCLEBUCK

Oh that sounds like a great vacation  :)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Mooseherder

Moosehunter, We just back back from there last Saturday. If you'all need a place to stay, you can use our little cabin in Cyr Plantation. You will see plenty of Moose there. We saw 5 Moose, 2 Deer and a Bear on one of the Irving roads across the road from our land on an afternoon safari. The night before we left, a Moose went walking past us on our little path to the Brook. Also try the Meat Lovers Lobster Roll at the Madawaska Tasty Food.  food6

moosehunter

We are back home :(
Our trip went ok, some minor set-backs. The fridge wouldn't work when we got to camp, had to buy ice all week. The hot water heater broke, had to buy a new element and repair. Broke the car exhaust while looking for moose. The gas guage broke on the car. Not many problems.
The good stuff on our trip, we saw 7 moose, 6 fox, 2 eagles ( one from about thirty yards, thats a BIG bird), 1 bear, spent lots of time fishing-were not bothered by a lot of fish :D.

The great parts of our trip;
When we got back to camp from getting ice the first night, there were Pappy and Gram to meet us! We sat for a couple hours and got to know each other and it was like we've know each other for years! Wednesday we went to camp OUTBACK for dinner. Pappy took me on a short ride on the fish river while our brides hung around camp and chatted. Then we had dinner, ( very good steaks digin1)
It was 11:30 before we headed back to camp!
Friday we went back to Pappy and Grams for a THREE HOUR TOUR on the river. It took about 6 hours :D we stopped and meet some friends of P&Gs and they joined us for a few hours. It was the most fun time of our trip! Tim and Jennie are wonderfull people! We would make the 14 hour drive back to Maine just to spend time with them!!

The trip home; Kept track of the gas with the trip meter ::), saw a CAMEL near Green NY on route 206. Really I say, a real CAMEL in someone pasture! Got home about 8:00 pm to some very happy to see us dogs!! ( its alway nice to get home)
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

pappy

It sure was great meeting other folks from the FF  8)

Maybe next time the fishing will be better... Kinda hard at this time of year as the water warms up and the fish go down... We had fun all the same  ;D Brought the poles and never wet a line, but the whisles got wet  :D

Had the camera with us but we were gabbin' most of the time so we didn't get too many pics... Here's one of just a few we took...

Getting to know each other and looking at the map :)

Looking forward to your return Mike and Sandy... Maybe a sled ride this winter...  smiley_thumbsup

Tim and Jen

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Thank You Sponsors!