iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey DanG

Started by Fla._Deadheader, December 19, 2002, 03:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

You got one of them 9 to 5's or are you yer own man ??

I gotta be in Tallahassee on Jan.15, at 9AM, to learn how to be a deadhead logger. Only been at it for 6 months. NOW, the govt. buttheads are going to show us how it's done; from a CLASSROOM !!

Maybe we can do lunch ????

I gotta find Commonwealth Blvd. off of Hwy 263, South of I-10.  Can ya make it ??
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Ron Scott

Harold,

Is there that much deadhead logging being done there that the Gov't is now teaching how to do it. Do you need to be certified by them for deadhead logging operations?? A lot of restrictions, etc.??
~Ron

Fla._Deadheader

Nah, Ron. It's all govt. bull-droppins. They HAVE to justify their existance. It took 30 days to get a paper signed for us to use a DIRT ramp. Talked to the (new) girl today. She said," I had a 30 day time clock and got it done just under the wire. I think I did a good job". Can't print here what I told her !!!  Probably will get BAD service when I apply for something else. Hmmmm, Maybe I just won't ever apply again??

If we are NOT "certified" by them, we can NOT do the deed.

Restrictions are SOOOO stupid. The best one was issued because some fool started using a dozer-skidder? in a DRY lake bed and was crunching dug-out canoes. There is only about 1000 of them, but, the GOVT. thinks we need to "Save" them ALL.

So, NOW, ANY body of water that the name starts with "Lake" is off limits. For instance, Lake George has a "supposed" log that has 5000 bdft in it. There is a lot of others, also. BUT, it starts with "Lake", so, even though the Navy used it for years as a LIVE bomb range, we can NOT log it !! The St. John's River runs through the lake.

NOW, we have "Little" lake George, in our lease area. It starts with "Little", so, we CAN log it. It is MUCH smaller and has 2 shell mounds from Native American culture, but, stay away from there and we can log ???? ::) ::) ::)  

Right now, I can't type any longer.. >:( >:( >:(
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

I'm still 8ta5'n it, Harold. But, having 33 years of seniority does have it's benefits. fill me in on yer eye-tin-er-airy(that'd be "schedule" to you rednecks), and we'll figger out a way to meet up. Maybe we can find a place less crowded than the Moultrie Expo.  How are ya travlin? If yer drivin', and can spare a day, I could take a day off, say on the 16th? Might could find sumpthin' innerstin' ta do.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

DanG, dont try the hat spottin trick with deadheader to find each other. It never worked with tom and besides DEADHEADER AINT GOT A HAT! ;D ;D ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

I'll build my own stinkin hat!! ;D ;D  DanG, let me check with my son and see if he is going. I HAVE to be there ??  Will probably leave from wherever we are camped from loggin.
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

Not to worry, Jeff. I think there may be something to that "disappearing hat" theory. Besides, I got the somewhat "less desirable" camo hat. Between the camo, the "disappearing hat" syndrome, and about 2 bushels of white beard, I'm practically invisible!  I think I'll wear the hat you see to the left of this message. Who could mistake that?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

I will be ordering hats tommorrow!  Somebody needs to be nicer to the janitor.

Fla._Deadheader

UUUUHHHH, Mr. Janitor, Sir. I noticed that there are some VERY purdy hats on this here forum, and I would be forever in your debt, if, you could find it in your gracious heart to forward one of those purdy hats to my location. I am amazed at the wunnerfull job you do, runnin this here "board" for all us ungreatful dolts. Please take my request into cornsiderashun and send me one of yer purdy hats, pleeze, PLEEEZE.?? Thank you from the bottom of my BUTT !! NOW, I gotta go HEAVE!!  :-X :-X :-X :-X;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   ;) ;) ;)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

O.K. when I get um you get one. You earned it.  :-X

Scott_R

Better send him  one in brown. It will go well with his nose. : )     :) Scott

Thank You Sponsors!