iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

359 muffler questions

Started by Urbicide, July 06, 2006, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbicide

Hi.   
I have a 359 E-tech. I like the saw and have heard that you need to mod  the can to really make it scream.   Should I open up the cat muffler or would I be better off to buy a non-cat muffler and open that up?   Does anyone have any pics of the insides of either of these mufflers?  Thank you.

Anyone have any contact information for Ed Heard?  Thank you again.

ccicora

Here you go.....
www.edheardperformance.com
www.chainsawperformance.com
1 -705 457-4004
1-705-754-2515
ehp@interhop.net

One of those should work for finding Ed....
I race a bit, just enough to keep me in debt

rahtreelimbs

The 359 mufflers are fairly easy to mod. A 5/8 hole saw thru the front and thru the intermediate plate inside works well. Ed heard modded 2 359's for me and felt that my mufflers work OK. You can leave the hole open or weld a plate ( washer ) with a screen underneath!

I will second ccicora's post by saying that ED does great work on modded saws. The fact that I have 6 saws done by him shows my confidence!!!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

Sprucegum

So , after you drill the muffler out - do you need to reset the carb?

How big a difference in the setting ?

I have a 359 that I want to do a bit of milling with using a 20" bar. Would the muffler mod be a big help?

ehp

yes after modding the muffler you need to open up the jets more cause it will need more fuel, you will need to grind the notchs off the limiters on the jets . In my area the 359 is to lean stock with the high speed jet turned all the way out .
You will see a gain in power for sure but also in noise , the 359 gains more in torque than rpms which is good for hard work

Thank You Sponsors!