iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are these slightly worn parts?

Started by johnjbc, July 01, 2006, 10:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnjbc

I had to replace two sets of these. Last year only one was bad.

LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

thurlow

Look like suspension parts (hanger) from a trailer.............pieces on each end are bolts;  8) 9/16 inch?
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

johnjbc

You got it. That was quick. Every inspection I end up replacing a couple shackles. Maybe I shouldn't load it quite so heavy. ::) ::)

red

must be all that heavy wet roofing

been to any more auctions ?

keep up the good postings

RED
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

DanG

Hmmmmm!  Mobile home parts, perhaps?  I got the same problem on The Famous $300 Trailer.  Look at the ends of them bolts.  Are they grade 8?  Betcha they ain't even marked.  The MH folks just throw that stuff into the dirt after delivering a trailer.  The axles and tires are reusable, but the hardware is meant for one trip only.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

johnjbc

Dang
Not sure they are Mobil home axels it is a Southeast trailer  ??? anyway they aren't the original bolts. I have changed them all several tines. There is a nylon sleeve that goes into the end of the spring that is supposed to be the pivot point but it is too tight and even though the bolt is knurled where it goes into the shackle it turns and makes the bolt wear. This time I used the die grinder on the spring eye. If I got it opened up enough they may last longer.  :P

wiam

I have found at a local spring shop greasable bolts and brass bushings.  I have welded a piece of flat stock next to the bolt head to keep it from turning.

Will

Thank You Sponsors!