iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

price for.

Started by twobears, June 25, 2006, 08:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twobears

can anybody give me a hint on what price pallet lumber is sold for?? i,am just wondering...thanks..delbert

PS:and does anybody know of a good market for it in the northteast?

Bro. Noble

In our area it's 28 cents /bdft :-\ 
milking and logging and sawing and milking

thedeeredude

Kansas

Pallet lumber price can be misleading, because many times you are cutting nominal size and getting paid for full size, at least around here. We have a floor price of 27 cents a board foot. This is for our oldest and biggest customers,including the  lumber broker that we deal with. This week, we will cut a load of 3x4 cottonwood dunnage, cut at 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. at 27 cents nominal, that works out to 37 cents a board foot real time. Deck boards are cut from 1/2 to 5/8 thick, at 3 1/2 or 5 1/2 wide. that works out to roughly 50 to 60 cents bd ft. This is usually, but not always cut to length. If you can, look for smaller pallet producers, or better yet, companies building their own pallets or skids. You can usually up the margins on those sales. Unusual sizes or lengths can oftentimes bring better money, because the large mills arent equipped to do those well.

Ron Wenrich

We're getting about 30 cents for the 1x4 & 1x6 boards.  Cants are going for 37 cents. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

jrdwyer

I have to agree with Kansas on the nominal issue. I have been in one industrial factory in my area and measured hardwood pallet boards out of curiousity. I often found 1x4 decking being 5/8" to 3/4" X 3 1/2". That changes the board foot price from .28 nominal to .426 actual for the 3/4" x 3 1/2" deck boards.

Gary_C

Advice I received from a marketing and utilization expert. "Do not try to make a living selling pallet wood."

Another quote from a large sawmill on a survey question about about if they cut pallet wood. "Not on purpose!"  ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!