iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It is good to be the King

Started by SW_IOWA_SAWYER, June 21, 2006, 03:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SW_IOWA_SAWYER

Wife and family gone for the night so.......

I checked on my kiln full of walnut  9% moisture

Then did a little work on a project I am building

Then grilled myself a sweet ribeye steak and sat outside ate my steak and looked upon my kingdom.....

Oh yeah and cleaned up the mess before my wife got home :D
I owe I owe so its off to work I go....

jpgreen

To the victor goes the spoils...  :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

woodmills1

cool cool

sounds very very familiar :D :D 8) 8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Percy

Quote from: SW_IOWA_SAWYER on June 21, 2006, 03:27:32 PM
Oh yeah and cleaned up the mess before my wife got home :D

Im the same kinda King.....I rule, totally, and completly.................................... till the wife gets home ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

tlooney

Ditto on the wife getting home.
Lucasmill 827
Kubota tractor with forks
current project: finished solar kiln now trying to sell lumber

jpgreen

Are we not worthy?...  :D

Are we not merciful?..  ;D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

pigman

My wife was gone for two days and I was King. 8)  When she got back today I let her.................................................................................................

see that I had cleaned up my mess. ;D
Bob- I might be stupid, but I am no fool ;)

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

iain

My wife does as she's told, and she jump's to it

iain

Tom

Why are you whispering, Iain?  :D

thurlow

At the gates of heaven there were two lines, with signs above them.One line was labeled "Hen Pecked Husbands", and the other was labeled "Non-Henpecked Husbands."In the line labeled " Hen Pecked Husbands" was filled with men and it stretched as far far as the eye could see.The other line "non-Hen Pecked Husbands" had only one skinny bald little man with thick glasses.After surveying the two lines, St. Peter walked over to the little man in the Non-Henpecked line, grabbed his hand and told him how amazed he was at his accomplishment, and asked him "how in the world did you do it? You are the only man in this line."The little man looked at St. Peter with a puzzled look on his face and said, "Gee mister I don't know what you are talking about, my wife told me to stand here."
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

treecyclers

Well, gang, I feel for everyone!
I am truly the King of my domain!
I can put my feet up on the table if I like, leave dirty dishes in the sink until I feel like washing them, let the laundry pile up 3' deep, leave the bed unmade if I want, and come and go as I please.
I do what I want, when I want, because they're my rules, I make them up.
Oh, wait a minute. There's no Queen of my domain....maybe that's why!
DanG. I thought I was on a roll. Doesn't quite seem to have the oomph it had while I was writing it.
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

iain

He's not whispering Tom - he's on borrowed time til he gets home and then he's fish bait........
smiley_whip

Linda
xxxx

Larry

:D :D :D :D :D

Put em back in the pink tutu...
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Tom

Don't be too hard on him please, Linda.  He's involved in a world where he has to keep his self respect and image as a dominant male.  We, on this side of the gender fence, all suffer from this malady.  When he's down, be nice, it might get you 'dinner on the town'.  It's a man thing, ya know.  :D  

Putting him in his place just means that you have to support and conjole the poor helpless fool later.  ;D   :P  I know.  I've had my nose just above a turbulent sea before too. :)

Husband

Is it me or is it so that only men can relate to this thread?? :D

thurlow, in my house I wear the pants in the family...........she just tells me which ones to wear ;D ;D

treecyclers

Quote from: Husband on June 22, 2006, 07:12:06 PM

thurlow, in my house I wear the pants in the family...........she just tells me which ones to wear ;D ;D

Now THAT"S FUNNY! smiley_bounce smiley_bounce
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

iain

Mmm whilst the kings away the help gets ideas above her station in life (at my feet gazing up doe eyed and adoringly)

some you boys got way more posts than me, but lets of posts dont bring lots of wizdom of the woman kind ;)

this is what i been doing

http://www.belpermusicfestival.org.uk/index.html

helping sort the doings
and being stage manager on Friday night

it all looking good  8)

iain

Tom

That sure looks like fun.  8)

You got a death wish, Iain?  :D :D

Buzz-sawyer

Quote from: treecyclers on June 22, 2006, 10:30:41 AM

I can put my feet up on the table if I like, leave dirty dishes in the sink until I feel like washing them, let the laundry pile up 3' deep,
smiley_smelly_skunk

Ever wonder if this may be why there is no queen in your domain ;) ;) :D :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Tom

I listened to two good tunes on that Link that Iain listed.  The group "Left Hand Drive" is pretty good.   I heard sounds that are reminiscent of Simon and Garfunkel and the '50's sound of Chuck Berry.  The harmonica is good and the beat of "circus" is like a combination of Maybellene and You Can't Catch Me.

I sure wish I were there.  It sounds like a fun party. 8)

red

We used to go to the county fair with a local farmer 
I remember one year going with him and he bought a plaque

Pa is the Boss everyone knows

But whatever Ma says always goes

as a young boy I did not really understand
But I sure do now ....
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

iain

Cheers Tom, most of the players are good, a couple like loscoe state, and last night's fun can be blindingly exceptional when the audience and the bands are bouncing of each other

we got most things sorted, and will be making recordings of both the stage and the over head installations

we're still a bit on a wing and a prayer with the over all finance's, but we will be good on the night

Iain

treecyclers

Quote from: Buzz-sawyer on June 22, 2006, 08:25:34 PM
Quote from: treecyclers on June 22, 2006, 10:30:41 AM

I can put my feet up on the table if I like, leave dirty dishes in the sink until I feel like washing them, let the laundry pile up 3' deep,
smiley_smelly_skunk

Ever wonder if this may be why there is no queen in your domain ;) ;) :D :D :D

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........Could be!
But, once i have the truck loaded on up, I'll be heading to Phoenix...to see my girlfriend, as well as pick up a dishwasher and kitchen full of cabinets to bring home.
Free be the price, and I'll road trip for that!
I might even make my girl dinner when i get there this evening! She does so love my cooking!
Buzzy, that might be the reason that she has her place and I have mine, or it could be that we're 135 miles apart due to employment circumstances. It's tough to get a job as an RN locally here, and when one does, the pay isn't the best locally. It's about 25% higher in Phoenix, 130 miles from here, for an RN with her experience, and that ain't chump change!
SD

WH_Conley

treecyclers, ya braggin or complainen? :D
Bill

Buzz-sawyer

Well........you and me and good ole uncle buck all have plenty of experience bacheloring it ...so I was posting outta experience and practice....oh, and Miss Teri is bacheloette too smiley_gorgeous
Sounds like your having fun as it is and that is what counts...right?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Shawn

My wife went to pick up her grandmother monday, stayed the night, returned tuesday afternoon. What silence, what peace, I had the whole palace to myself.

I have been working 3p-3a. Not on my mill unfortunately!!! She told me monday, before she left ' I should be home before you get up' my reply was " so I just have to be home before you are?" I haven't seen my wife since...mainly because of the swelling and bruising.

Shawn...
Change is part of the design process.

Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations

iain

Oh i pity the down trodden masses ;D ;)

iain

treecyclers

treecyclers, ya braggin or complainen? Ya dats a good one!
Actually, neither, just stating the way it is round here.
Plus, things are too new to make the decision on whether or not to make things "permanent", as I am way too much on the go to settle down at this point.
So, my kingdom will have to exist with a King as it's sole ruler, being courted by the lovely ladies for hte time being.
And that's OK too. Just getting myself prepared for when I do meet that woman that totally takes my breath away and steals my heart, so I can be ready to give her everything she could ever hope for, like a loving home, financial freedom, a couple wonderful tricycle motors (kids), and the fairy tale life as best I can provide it.
SD

tomboysawyer

Quote from: Husband on June 22, 2006, 07:12:06 PM

At my house, the dishes pile up in the sink until the hubby does them. I'm also not allowed to do the laundry because I'm not real good at keeping colors separate from whites and he doesn't like to wear pink in public.

I do like to mow the lawn. We have a good division of labor on taking trapped critters out - I don't like dead ones, he doesn't like live ones. That gives him the half eaten mice and me the ones that only get legs trapped and bats (which I kinda like bats). I handle bees and he handles wasps.

I'm not much of a housekeeper and my new-house resolution is to work just a few more hours every week so I can hire a house keeper.

When we owned our bar/pool hall, most customers assumed I "wore the pants in the family". But in reality, we share Alpha role and we share it very well. When we "fight" it can be pretty messy and most people don't want to be around (most people have only ever witnessed that on a boat with us - and I know many have considered abandoning ship). He's just a quiet Alpha until he breaks and I'm a gabber.

My only comment, in general, on this whole gender bent thread is this - if couples want to have gendered roles in their relationship they will have them. If men want a feminine woman, or a woman who dictates the order of the home she keeps for him - that's the way it will be. If men want an equal in a female partner, that is also what they will find. Its not a big mystery. I feel lucky I've got a partner in my life who loves me just the way I am - clothes on the floor and not real familiar with a vacuum cleaner (except I know how to fix them). But I'm a good cook, I love and respect him, and I'll spend our wedding anniversary reinstalling the head and injection pump on our bull dozer and think that's the best thing in the world. Yes, he'd like a cleaner house, but he's also accepting of the idea we'll hire someone for that.

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D Thanks for the different perspective and the chuckle.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

treecyclers

My only comment, in general, on this whole gender bent thread is this - if couples want to have gendered roles in their relationship they will have them. If men want a feminine woman, or a woman who dictates the order of the home she keeps for him - that's the way it will be. If men want an equal in a female partner, that is also what they will find. Its not a big mystery. I feel lucky I've got a partner in my life who loves me just the way I am - clothes on the floor and not real familiar with a vacuum cleaner (except I know how to fix them). But I'm a good cook, I love and respect him, and I'll spend our wedding anniversary reinstalling the head and injection pump on our bull dozer and think that's the best thing in the world. Yes, he'd like a cleaner house, but he's also accepting of the idea we'll hire someone for that.

In my experience, relationships create their own balance, as agreed upon by their partners.
I am ecstatic for you both that you have such a wonderful and mutually supporting relationship!
I will find that for myself someday soon, as well.
Some of my comments are made in jest, intended as a teasing element of sorts, to bring a little humor to everyone.
Now, where's my lasso..............

tomboysawyer

Quote from: treecyclers on June 27, 2006, 11:41:36 AM
I am ecstatic for you both that you have such a wonderful and mutually supporting relationship!
I will find that for myself someday soon, as well.
Some of my comments are made in jest, intended as a teasing element of sorts, to bring a little humor to everyone.
Now, where's my lasso..............

Oh, I thought your jesting was good. Was it you I quoted from? Someone invited a female perspective - and I'm not sure, even though I qualify as female, that I did it much justice. But thank you, I truly am blessed.

Lasso's a good tool. They sell them here at the Tractor Supply store... :)
Those and riding crops. But then, I have to remember this is the Forestry Forum.

Look out, TC. That lady in your life might be snagging you with a lasso too!

thurlow

Careful with them riding crop comments...........ain't you in enough trouble already whiteflag_smiley
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

tomboysawyer

Quote from: thurlow on June 27, 2006, 03:49:37 PM
Careful with them riding crop comments...........ain't you in enough trouble already whiteflag_smiley

I'm always in trouble. I'm just gettin' used to it.

Figured that's what this thread is all about.  ;)

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D This is a hoot.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

crtreedude

I will have you all know I NEVER do the dishes, cleanup the house - or much of anything cleaning of any kind.

And, my wife is just fine with it... No complaints at all.

After all - I pay for the full-time housekeeper and cook - my wife doesn't do much of it either!

So, how did I end up here anyway?

asy

Hey Tomboy!

I like your thunking :D

You need to come and join Roxie, Patty, Joan and I on our FBI mission. (See the Jeff and Tammy thread)

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!