iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old dog with a new gadget

Started by chet, June 20, 2006, 11:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Da kids went together and bought me a digital camera for fathers day. I'm about as lost wit dat DanG thing as Pigman with a new icebox.  :-[
Had ta read da first page of da little manual 6 times just ta figure out how ta turn it on. Hope nobody is in a hurry for pics.  :-\
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

UNCLEBUCK

You'll get it !  Remember when Jeff was going to club me because I didnt know what pasting pictures was  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Roxie

What ya need is to find a six year old to teach ya how to use it!   ::)

Seriously, I feel your pain.  We got a new garage door opener and can't use it until my son (who works for Comcast cable) stops by and fixes the "pins" for us.  We're looking at a new TV too, but we need to schedule delivery for when my son can hook up all the stuff. 

We're a bit further north than Pigman, so we know what the plug is for, but that doesn't seem to be enough to turn anything on anymore.   :D

Good luck with your new camery!   8)
Say when

Jeff

Come on down Chet. Tammy will teach ya!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

Chet, I have an idea. 8)  Why don't you take your new camera  and take a picture of itself. Then you can post the picture on the forum and I can help you figure out how to operate it. :P I am real good at figuring out new things. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

Roxie, the pins are just the code or password for the remote to "talk" to the opener with out causing trouble with a neighbors unit.
Open them up and set one to what you want, just make sure the other one matches. ;)

Roxie

Ok.  I can see the pins in the remote which are currently all pointed in an upward direction.  I also know where the "brain" and motor to open the garage door is located (garage ceiling), but I don't know where to find the "pin" section of the actual opener thing hanging on the ceiling.  Do I have to remove something to find it....

Note to self:  We need more six year olds in this neighborhood. 
Say when

Furby

Yup, if it's not in behind the shield that covers the light, the rest of the housing or a portion of it should come off if you take a couple screws out. It may even have a small door someplace for it. Your user's manual should tell you where to find it.
Scramble the pins as you see fit, then run around the neighborhood pushing the button, if someones door opens..... change the pins again. ;D

Jeff

I talked to him tonight. He was having trouble figuring out what the "NO" button was for...

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

We had the same problem with his sawmill he was stumped on what to put in the filler tube that had 710 stamped on the cap.

Roxie

:D :D  That's funny!

Furby, you are correct, the pins were located under the light shield.  We're modern now!!!  I would have read the owners manual, but I don't abla espanol.   :P
Say when

asy

Must admit, when I don't know how to use something, I find my 12yo and point him at it. Usually he works it out.

At least they're good for SOMETHING around here!!! :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

johnjbc

Hay Chet you have had 2 days to read the book now where is the pictures.
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

moosehunter

Quote from: Jeff B on June 22, 2006, 12:19:32 AM
I talked to him tonight. He was having trouble figuring out what the "NO" button was for...

My sister sent my wife a new bird feeder for Christmas. She was looking at and finally asked me what kind of birds eat onions?

It was a " ON/ON" feeder  :D

Of course I was sitting across from her, so I could read it rightsidedown ;D
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Furby

Thank You Sponsors!