iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Photo Editing

Started by yacaboni, June 20, 2006, 06:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yacaboni

I have seen several posts relating to problems getting pictures down to size. The following site has a freeware editor that can be downloaded and will provide all the tools necessary to meet image size requirements. (Plus a lot more.)

If you bring the image into the editor,

go to Image Resize/Resample ...,

Set New Size Width: to 350,

click OK,

then File,

Save as ...,

then set Save Quality at: 50,

then Save.

The image should be of reasonable quality and be under 20kb. You can also, crop, rotate, and do a lot of other things with this free download. This is my primary editor, unless I need more power in Corel Draw Graphics Suite or Elements.

http://www.irfanview.com/

isawlogs

Theres people having trouble wit the piture taker  putter upper  ??? ??? ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Furby

One thing to remember with that process, I belive it is affected by the size of your file to begin with.
Lets say you are taking pics with a 3 MB camera and it works. Now someone else comes along and is using a 6 MB camera and tries it.
They have to drop their quality waaaaay down to make it work.

Not saying it is a bad idea, actually I'm gonna thank you for taking the time to make the post...... thank you! ;)
Just letting folks know they have to watch the results based on their file size.

Dan_Shade

i use irfanview, i like it a lot
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DanG

I have found that cropping is the most effective way to reduce file size without sacrificing quality.  I always crop out all the unnecessary border on any pics I post before reducing the dimensions or compressing.  If I'm taking a photo that I know will go on the Forum, I back off a bit from the subject to allow for severe cropping.  Usually, I don't have to compress at all after cropping and resizing.  I use Xat.com for all my forum photos.  I did use Irfanview for a while, and found it quite useful.  The price was right too....FREE! 8)  I have found Xat to be more handy for this particular purpose, however.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!