iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It was so hot!!

Started by Kevin_H., June 17, 2006, 01:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

All the corn on the stalks started popping and flying through
the air. The cows thought it was snowing. And they froze to death.

;)
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

SwampDonkey

Ummmm......ZZZZZzzzzz  :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Kevin_H.

How about:

it was so hot,

Scientists recently detected beads of sweat on the Statue of Liberty.
But they're still searching for signs of life on Al Gore.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

SwampDonkey

It's only 75 F out. :D :D  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

Go ahead and gloat, SD.  You'll be froze again, soon enough. ;D :D :D

It is sho' 'nuff hot here.  We got a little break when Alberto was cruising through, but we been in the cooker ever since!  It has been at or near 100f here for several days. :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

Actually, I'm looking as much forward to fall and winter as some of you whiners ;) were of spring and summer. :D

CHARLIE

It's so hot here the temperature guage went up so high that it bent the nail up.....It DanG near came off the nail but I saw it in time. ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Radar67

Charlie, it's so hot down here that the nail keeps melting. Can't keep the DanG temperature guage hanging long enough to see it.  ;)

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Kevin_H.

I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walkin'..

man that is hot...

Paul_H

:D yup,it sounds like you're having a warm spell alright
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

woodbeard

treecyclers

You know it's hot when...
You wear oven mitts to open your car door
You cuss like a drunken sailor when you get into your truck with the vinyl seats wearing shorts
You sweat profusely, but it doesn't reach your shirt to soak it (Phoenix as I write this)
You can fry an egg on the hood of your black truck in 30 seconds or less
The pool is at 80 and it feels like ice!

But, it's a dry heat!
(Like that even comes close to mattering after it hits 105!)
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Don_Papenburg

But DanG has that nice humid heat .  I think it keeps you from dehydrating  like you guys in sunny Araidzonia.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Kevin_H.

Campbell Soup Co. has changed the directions on its cans to,
"Just pour and eat."

VA-Sawyer

"It was so hot here today, I fired up the furnace just to cool the house off. "

Quartlow

Hey SD arent' these some of the same guys who where gloating about warm temps while it was snowing up here?

All I can say now is
NEENER NEENER  NEENER  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

treecyclers

Quote from: Quartlow on June 19, 2006, 08:27:00 AM
Hey SD arent' these some of the same guys who where gloating about warm temps while it was snowing up here?

All I can say now is
NEENER NEENER NEENER 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Well, It's something like that, I s'pose.
There's pro and con for everything, I think, and this is just one more that we can have some fun with.
I razz my parents when it gets over 85, as they have the humidity, and I really hate that sticky hot - can't cool off for nothing - sweating down into my drawers and socks - icky feeling.
I have even figured out that I can use a compressor to instantly cool off my feet in my boots! A blast of 80 PSI into my boots keeps my toesies nice and comfortable!
Last night at 10P when I left Phoenix, it was still 105. Yuck!
So, a think a big NEENER NEENER is in order!
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Kevin_H.

the trees are whistlin' for the dogs.

next...

Woodwalker

I'll stay here with the heat. Gets coold enough for me right here. Been a time or two that I had to stick my head into a truck bin for shade, but on the whole I can always find a place to cool off. On the other hand, been some times I thought I would never get warm again.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

joelmar10

wifey says it ain't hot, get to work.  i love wifey... she always has a different perspective on things.   :-*
I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

Kevin_H.

HEAT WAVES CAUSES RANCHERS TO SELL BARBECUE DIRECTLY FROM THE FIELD

Ranchers in southern states hit be sweltering heat are selling
fully cooked barbecue right from the livestock.
  "We let the customer choose the cattle and then we hose it down
with sauce and send it out into the fields.  Within twenty minutes
the barbecue is piping hot and ready to eat," said a Texas rancher.
  Barbecue restaurants are crying foul over the direct sales of the
product to the public.
  "This danG heat wave is killing the cattle and our business.  We
can't compete with the lower overhead of the rancher when we provide
our customers with a table, chairs and fan as well as swat flies,"
said waitress Flo Moore of the "Greasy Fat Dripping Spoon" restaurant
in Amarillo.
  The heat has also changed business for farmers who are using their
former crop fields as giant baking pans for brownies.
  "It's the only way I can put my land and this danG heat to any
use so I'm baking white chocolate, espresso brownies with macadamia
nuts for those rip-off coffee houses, said a farmer in Oklahoma.

Kevin_H.

Campbell Soup Co. has changed the directions on its cans to,
"Just pour and eat."

Thank You Sponsors!