iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Computer

Started by Gary_C, June 17, 2006, 12:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

If you pick none of the above, explain your guess.

If you have to look up the answer, you should confess.   :P

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Jeff

I would like to say a few words as it seems that I am running in this most important election due to a grassroots campaign that I really had no idea that existed. I hope these words help to spawn a greater threshold of knowledge and respect for things that we don't always see coming to the forefront for the individual and his relative situations that compound his choices to an extent where he must turn to those that are most able to function in a place of particular circumstance. I appreciate your support and hope that the world comes to a timely conclusion before the poles melt.

Thank you and good night. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RichlandSawyer

Attanasoff and Berry invented the first digital computer at Iowa State University in Ames Iowa,,  uuuhhhh 1942 i think.
Every log i open up, a board falls out!!!

Jeff

DanG

I picked "None of the above".

Explanation:  It was none of the above. ;D

Hmmm!  It appears that Jeff Brokaw and Al Gore are actually the same person, but maybe not. ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

RichlandSawyer

Oh come on Jef everybody knows Al invented the internet not the computer. DUH!!!

Jeff

AHA! A Democrat! Ya spelled al's name right yet mispelled mine! Just cause I got twice as many letters in mine is NO EXCUSE! I see your tactics. Its dirty politics I say!

JimBuis

Answering the question, "Who invented the computer?", is at least difficult and results in responses that are quite debatable.  There were machines which were invented centuries ago that were arguably laying the ground work for the eventual invention of the computer.  The computer must be attributed to the work of many, many people and certainly not one person.

IMasalwaysHO
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Jeff

Attanasoff  sounds real close to Jeff if you use pig latin.

RichlandSawyer

A Dem huh?? well is Jeff actually your first name "Mr. Brokaw"............

Sounds like a vast leftwing conspiracy to me.

Jeff

Mr. Brokaw is from a state without trees has beady eyes and used to do the news.

Jeff

Its a close race. I'm tied with none of the above. 8)

Jeff

I wonder if hes from a blue state?

RichlandSawyer

Oh POO!!!

This is no fair i was trying to vote for none of the above but these butterfly ballets are too confusing. I ended up voting for some guy named chad.

(No floridians were intentionaly made fun of in the writing of this post)

DanG

Mr. Brokaw was replaced by some guy that looks like his head was smushed by a Greyhound bus.  One of his beady eyes is right over his nose!  Other than that, he seems like a good ol' boy. :)

I never could keep the Red State, Blew State thing straight.  I'm from a Confused State. ??? ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

I'm from a black and blue state.

Gary_C

Jeff, that was a great campaign speech and I was thinking of voting for you myself, but it's hard to fool those guys from Iowa.  :D

Who did it

The real story

From Wikipedia

Actually I snuck in a reference to the name of the machine.   ABC could be considered a correct answer.  Sorry DanG.  :D

The man thought of this "computer" after driving 200 miles and drinking some bourbon.    ;D ;D

RichlandSawyer

Back in my younger days i was a programmer. C and UNIX then i got therapy and i'm all better now. Well except for the corn infection thing but doc says a couple more shots of penicilin and that will be all cleared up.

Jeff

Yep, a few shots at a silo will surely cure a corn infection. :)

Jeff

OK who's the DanG turncoat who voted for Al Gore? FESS UP! >:(

Flurida_BlackCreek

My sources tell me it was a guy having problems with his icebox. So we had one of our techs pose as a appliance repairman and install some special equipment. I'm not so sure they installed the equipment right.
I'm happy anywhere south of the mason-dixon line.
-- cdb

thurlow

As a Tennesseean, I REALLY RESENT the question..............and the implications!
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Gary_C

So thurlow, who did you vote for this time?   ;D

Better be careful what you confess, Jeff is looking for the guy that voted for Al.    :D

Jeff

Well!  I never thought I would get up to THIS this morning!  Being beaten by NOBODY??  I'm not yet ready to concede! HUMPH!  I'm watchin you close thurlow... ;)

thurlow

As a Tennesseeeean, I REALLY RESENT the (thinly veiled) barbs;  I think the whole vote/election is flawed (flawn?);  there was no mass mailing done beforehand with the correct candidates indicated,  there was no party affilation indicated for the candidates, etc.  As a Tennesseeeeean, I've voted the straight Bull Moose ticket for years;  philosophically, of course, my heart will always belong to the Know Nothings, but we all know how long it's been since they fielded a viable candidate;  a vote for the people they've put up recently is a wasted vote and I refuse to waste my vote................. :'(
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Thank You Sponsors!