iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

making light??

Started by Mr Mom, June 15, 2006, 11:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Mom

Has anyone ever tryed to use a gas motor to turn a genrator to run a eletric motor and then shut off the gas motor off and let the eletric motor run the gen??
     So it would be a self supporting system.
     I thought that it could be done but never had right parts to try.
     This is some of the stuff that i think of when i am board and have nothing to do.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

RichlandSawyer

Mr Mom,

That would be a perpetual motion machine and man has been chasing that since the beginning of time but here on earth we have any a thing called friction which makes this impossible.
Every log i open up, a board falls out!!!

moosehunter

Losses in current flow, frictional power loss, horse power loss....ect. ect. ect......................

Won't work. ;D

Make it work, I'll pay for the patents, we'll both be rich :D

mike
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Mr Mom

I was hoping that i was on to somthing.
     I think that will be my next project to try to get it to work. After i add on to the house and build a barn and 50 other things.
     Any pointer that might help.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

iain

Stuff the house, get it to work and you could afford some one else to work on the house 8)

iain

Mr Mom

iain   i dont trust to many people to work on my house.
     Matter in fact there is only three people that i would  let work on my house and one has passed the other is my dad and me.

iain

Stop making excuses  and get  that machine invented

iain

thurlow

If the engine/generator/motor machine doesn't work out, try this.................."""I've always loved the homespun symmetry of the cat-and-rat farm. It's simplicity itself: You set up two sheds, one on either side of the road. One contains cats and the other contains rats. You skin the cats to make fur coats and feed their remains to the rats, and then you feed the rats to the cats. The cats and the rats reproduce ad infinitum. Presto: fur-coat trade, no overhead. It's a perpetual-motion machine""".  Maybe no energy generated, but a guaranteed income?   8)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

gary

On a little smaller scale would this work?  I want to use a car batterry to power an invertor. Then plug in something  like a washing machine motor  to run  an altnator which would keep the battery charged and power the invertor to run a few lights.

thedeeredude

Mr Mom the same thing has boggled me for a long time.  If you put a solar powered light directly over its own solar panel and give just a little light from an outside source to power the solar bulb, cold that little burst of energy sustain itself?  But Im just too lazy to care. :D

Mr Mom

Even on a med scale if you could get the gas motor to turn the gen you should be able to get it to power the eletric motor and then disengage a clutch from the gas motor.
     Now what am i getting wrong.
     In just the thought of the set up it should work.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

iain

If you take out all the resistance losses it would work,
but you cant take anything usefull from the set up, you can only be able to generate the power you need to keep turning

iain

dail_h

Y'all talkin  ;bout "over unity" ,gettin more out than ya puts in ------- won't won't work
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

iain

I beg to differ Mr Dail_h,
i think we all get more than we put in from this Forum ;D 8)

iain

dail_h

Yeah ,but see iain,ya comparin rocks ,ta rutabagers ,it ain't the same
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Timburr

It works in theory until you apply the theory!!

When I was a child, I had the notion to mount a wind-generator to a pushbike to power an electric motor....anything for an easier life. I have since learned about engineering stuff and realized how flawed that concept is/was

Tim
Sense is not common

iain

Ok whats a "ta rutabagers"

iain

Paul_H

dere similar ta turn ups.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sawguy21

I remember asking my dad the same question while in my early teens and he said something about perpetual motion being impossible but he did not know why. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ed_K

Gensets take power  :o. We use a 90 hp trac to run the farm gen. When we turned the silo unloader on (it used a 7hp elec motor) it would make the JD exhaust turn black  ;D.
Ed K

KGNC

Mrmom:
Don't let these guys mess with you. This works every time. Thats all these sawmills are are just cleverly designed power plants.  ;)
How could this many people make money selling wood!!!  ;D
The problem is getting rid of all the excess power. Once you start the cycle you have all of this extra energy that you have to do something with.
And you need to make sure you have a way of turning off the thing. ;D ;D
Good luck.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mr Mom

Jeff thanks for the web page.
     I was thinking of the waterwheel that turned a gen that powered a pump to pump water into a tank and have a pipe that came from the tank to run the waterwheel.

KGNC...If i could get it going i would not want to stop it. So i would have to put all the extra engery someplace. Never thought about that. More drawing board time is needed.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

RichlandSawyer

You guys are tearin' me up. Thats a great site Jeff i'm gonna have to bookmark that one.
I wanted to throw this out for a good experiment, Try unplugging an extension cord from the wall and real quick plug it into itself and the electricity will keep going around in a circle. My dads favorite was telling me to turn off the light switch and jump into bed before it gets dark.

WAIT i got it !!!! We need to figure out a way to connect the rear tire of your truck back to the engine. I bet the boys in Detroit already know how to do it but the oil companies wont let them tell us.
Every log i open up, a board falls out!!!

chet

Da onlyest  time I've ever seen dat perpetual motion theory at work, is with one of my sisters. Once she gets ta yappin' she never shuts up.   ::)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!