iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Packing , moving

Started by isawlogs, June 14, 2006, 07:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Well time is rushing by at high speed here . As a lot of you know we are moving to a new location . Renée , my wife has officialy put in her resignation at the hospital after 25 years of service  and is starting Monday in Cowansville . I went with her on friday to pick up all of her things at the office , she is on hollidays this week and is moving to the farm house on Sunday .
  I will be around here for a while yet , the house is going on the market next week and the sawing is to start on the new one as soon as I can get out of here and bring the mill to the logs .
  My daughter moved out a few months ago and my son is painting his appartment in town , Andréa can see the university she will be going to from her front door , Alex is of walking distance the college he will be attending .  We will be bringing his things on Friday .
  So within two month we will be going from a full house with three cats , a dog , two teenagers , ( well not quite but close enough daughter is 22 and son is 19 )  to an empty one . Renée is bringing the pets with her to the farm as I will be doing the sawing at my dads and will be staying there a few nights a week . I have talked to or have contacted most of my clients and am now pretty well free to start the house , only have a few outstanding jobs to do .
  We have been packing and storing boxes( in the kids bedrooms )  for the past few weeks , the house is about ready for the move , only the essentials are left , but the shop has not been touched yet and I really dont anticipate that job , actually I am almost affraid of the day that I need to clean it out and pack it for the move ... 
  If anybody is looking for a working vacation , I know of a few opennings .  :D Of course the paye is really not that good , but the food is  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Burlkraft

Good luck on the move.....I'll be in Canada in 3 weeks..but my schedule is already full with fishing and working on my buddie's cabin on Lac Du Millac...... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

asy

Sounds exciting Marcel!

I bet you can't wait to get the house done.

Have fun moving!!!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

crtreedude

This moving stuff appears to be catching...
So, how did I end up here anyway?

pigman

Yep. As soon as I get the farm sold, I will be moving to Florida per Tom's recomendation. ;D

Good luck to our movers to the north and  to the south. I hate to move so much that I have lived in the same place for that last 33 years.
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

CHARLIE

Marcel, I wish you and your wife all the best in your move and living in your new home, but I sure don't envy you the moving.  Hopefully, I've moved for the last time in my life.  If I ever have to move again, I hope I'm so old that I can just sit there and watch people pack and move my stuff and then pick me up and shove me in the truck too. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

UNCLEBUCK

It all sounds exciting and I will work for food especially in Canada because they give you hot soup with the meal too , piping hot soup !  Hey marcel if you come across a pishnell game in your packing up please write down any address where I can finally get me one ok?   Funnest game I ever played .

Have fun eh ! ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

asy

What's a pishnell game?

And, don't you have soup in Minnesota?

Norm

That sounds like an exciting time Marcel. Good luck with the moving part, after 4 years I'm still moving stuff out of our old house. Patty said anything left on Monday goes with the house so I'd better get busy.

UB hot soup this time of year is blasphemy...or so I hear. :D

Captain

So when is the Sawing party??  Can I bring mine up too?? ;D  Border Patrol would have fun with the box trailer.....

Captain

Engineer

I would like to come up and help if it weren't for finishing my own house and moving in a couple of months. 

Maybe sometime I can go visit Marcel and we can have some poutine and talk about sawing.   ;D

UNCLEBUCK

asy , pishnell is a game the canadians play up in quebec ,its a wooden board with sides on it and 3 wooden pucks to shoot through the opponents goal and you shoot it like marbles kind of and there rules to it and I forgot it all .

I think alot of canadians sip hot soup 365 days a year , thats why they are in shape .  It is just like people that have tea time in england .

I think sipping the piping hot soup before the meal must prevent over eating .

isawlogs

Umm ...  ...  Buck ...... It keeps us from freezing    :D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

UNCLEBUCK

Oh yeah and the freezing !  ;D

asy

Do you guys cook Borsch?

I love Borsch with a dollop of Greek Yoghurt in it on a cold winters night...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Mr Mom

asy  you have cold winter nights?? How cold does it get??

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

asy

Sometimes down as low as 10C.

On EXTREMELY rare and cold occasions even a little lower than that.

too cold.

Summer is better, the nights are around 20C.

sawguy21

Marcel and I would consider 10C pretty tame in winter :D That is a nice spring day.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

isawlogs

Anytime in winter where it would be -10 would be concidred a tame day  ;D :D :D :

Well the house is officially on the market as of 11:00 o'clock . Signed to paper work and is to be listed over the weekend . 
  Now time will be going by at ultra high speed . ::)

Asy ... About that Borsch ,     Umm    what is it ? 

Marcel

asy

Borsch is Russian Beetroot Soup.

It's made with Beetroot, Other vegies, such as carrot, cabbage, potato, onion, sometimes leek, etc, and some peas, and Beef, too.

It's just yummy.

HERE is a pretty decent Borsch recipe

This is similar to how we make it. Only I don't put much celery in, being as I don't like it much...

Then you put a BIG dollop of Sour cream or, I prefer, a tart yoghurt into the middle.

There's also a summer Borsch, but it's made with a lot of Dill (not BY a dill!!!) and I don't like it as much.

isawlogs

Oh ... A stew   ;D  Yep that must be good eating , if one takes the ognion out  :D :D

Marcel

Engineer

Borsch

1 cup     Navy beans, dry
2 1/2 lb  Lean beef
1/2 lb    Slab bacon
10 cup    Cold water
1         Bay leaf
8 whole   peppercorns
2 cloves  garlic
2 Tbsp    Dried parsley
1         Carrot
1         Celery stalk
1 large   Red onion
1 tsp     Salt
8         Beets for soup
2 small   Beets
2 cup     Green cabbage, shredded
2 large   Leeks, sliced
3 med     Potatoes, cut into eighths
1 can (1 lb 13 oz) tomatoes
1 Tbsp    Tomato paste
3 Tbsp    Red wine vinegar
4 Tbsp    Sugar
1 lb      Kielbasa
2 Tbsp    Flour
1 Tbsp    Butter, melted
1/2 cup   Sour cream (opt)

Cover beans with water and allow to soak overnight; cook until tender; drain;  set aside.  Place beef, bacon and water in large soup pot; bring to a boil.  Skim fat from surface.  Add bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic, parsley, carrot, celery, onion and salt.  Cover and simmer over low heat for about 1 1/2 hours. Scrub beets for soup and cook in boiling water until tender, about 45 minutes;  drain and discard water; cool.  Peel and cut each beet into eighths.  Scrub small beets; grate; cover with water to soak. Remove meat from soup; set aside.  Strain soup into another pot and add cooked beets, cabbage, leeks, potatoes, tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, beef and bacon.  Bring to a boil and simmer 45 minutes.
Cut kielbasa into chunks and add with navy beans to soup.  Simmer 20 minutes more. Mix flour and butter together to form paste.  Stir into soup to thicken slightly.  Strain raw beets, saving liquid and discarding beets.  Add beet liquid to soup. Additional sugar or vinegar may be added for sweeter or more sour flavor.  Slice meat and arrange in individual soup bowls.  Pour hot soup with vegetables over meat.  Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream, if desired. Yield: 10 servings

Brucer

Had to happen ... Marcel starts to talk about his move, and next thing you know we're talking about food :D.

Good luck with the moving, Marcel. Looking forward to pictures of the new place as it emerges.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Coon

If you guys think that Russian Borsch is good ......then try Ukrainian Borsch which is twice as good....

Brad. :o
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

asy

Hey Brad,

My mum was born in Vitebsk, Belorus, Dad was born in Lvov, Poland (well it was poland when he was born there, then it became Russia, now it's the Ukraine, so he was confused.).

So, being as he cooked a bit, I have NO idea what variety of Borsch mum makes, I just know it's DanG good!

hehe

Thank You Sponsors!