iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dropping off the planet (internet that is) for a bit

Started by crtreedude, June 14, 2006, 06:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crtreedude

The big weekend is here - relocation time is coming.  Tonight, I tear down my computer - pack it up and transport it to it's new home in Guatuso.

Did I say computer? Try about 4 or 5 of them - and wiring, and various other things. My office is in theory, ready - lines, etc.

But, I will be a strong back, weak mind for a few days, even though we have lots of helpers.

We are pretty excited about this move since this could be our final destination. We have been living here in Costa Rica for a couple of years now, and really love it. Now, we finally figured out where we want to build a home. Only took two years, and several wrong ideas to figure it out.  ::)

We have had business here for 4 years - it feels a lot longer. But, this is now feeling like starting a new life for us.

One BIG difference is that our new home won't have anything but cell phone for the forseeable future - hence the need for an office. I am commuting to the office everyday using my bike - it is about 3 miles each way. I have been practicing for the last month or so... I think I will be fine.  :-\

So, no more posts at 4:00 am because I can't sleep. I guess I will just have to go down to the river and go fishing in the mornings instead...

So, in a few hours I tear them down and pack em up - if all goes well, I will be back sometime Monday - if not sooner.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

isawlogs

Hope everything goes smoothly on the move , I would of waited for Jeff or planned it with him in mind .  ;D

Have yourselves a nice weekend unpacking and setting up . 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sprucebunny

Hope all goes well, Fred. Careful of your back !!!!!

I just helped a friend move from N.H. to Florida. It was an adventure :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

crtreedude

Thanks - yeah, we were thinking of waiting for Jeff - but it just didn't seem right to do it to him.

I don't unpack, except my office. One of the true luxuries we have here is full-time help. Amy will have lots of help unpacking - I am considered exempt due to cluelessness (I have no idea where to put anything).

asy

That's a 'man thing' Fred...

Have fun, thanks for letting us know, coz we would have been worried the volcano got ya.

Seeya soon!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

crtreedude

Nope, no volcano - it is laying in wait for Harold.  :o

About a week from tomorrow Jeff and Tammy arrive - they can report if we are still frazzled from the move...

Bill

Best of luck on the move -

( and maybe even have that big stick for those early morning fishing expeditions  ;D  )

crtreedude

I think the Cuidadero is going with me - just in case.

scsmith42

Fred, best of success to you during your move.  We'll miss your insightful comments while you're out.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

joelmar10

good luck fred.  oh, and you might to buy a nice comfy gel seat for that bike of yours.  there have been male medical studies... :o 
I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

crtreedude

Joelmar

The other alternative on the seat is to ride a MTB the right way - you only use the seat as an anchor point - your weight is on your legs. Takes a bit to learn to do it right, but the difference is amazing on the bumps - and handling too.

Survived day one of the move - barely.

asy

Hey Fred!

have ya got the new setup Set Up already???

Did we miss ya?

crtreedude

No -just stole Amy's system for a bit - we are down to one computer now.

tnlogger

fred how can you get by with just one computor  ???
gene

crtreedude

Well, I didn't count the portable...

Besides - she is packing

tnlogger

gene

crtreedude

He's back!

I won't say it was painless - but... we did it!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bill

Welcome Back -

Inquiring minds want to know -

did you have any pieces left over  - or - were you short some pieces at the end ?

Hope all went well .

crtreedude

Amy and I made a vow at the end that we won't move again, less we just leave everything and start again!

Does that tell you what it was like?!  :o

Murf

Quote from: crtreedude on June 14, 2006, 07:54:16 PM
Amy will have lots of help unpacking - I am considered exempt due to cluelessness (I have no idea where to put anything).

Quote from: asy on June 14, 2006, 07:57:07 PM
That's a 'man thing' Fred...

And after countless generations women still haven't caught on to the men's tricks.........  :D  :D  :D

Glad everything went well Fred.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

crtreedude

Yeah, but I had to help with all the big stuff!

asy

Yeah, Murf, we have.

We just let you get away with it, coz, in the end, the good outweighs the DanG annoying.

Fred, good to see you're up and running. I wonder what the move would have been like without the staff!!!

Did Harold help? hehe

crtreedude

Nah, but the leftovers helped Harold move the Peterson...

Thank You Sponsors!