iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Value Adding

Started by Kevin_H., December 13, 2002, 03:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

This is my latest attempt at adding value to my wood.

The OutBack WoodShop Oven Stick

And I only have to do about a thousand aday ;D...Ok maybe not.
It's amazing what you come up with when its to wet to saw. Thought I might stamp my logo on them and had them out as promos
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

Good idea. I'll take 2. :) ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ADfields

Thats great!   You need onr more hole in it so it will hang on a pothook. 8) :)
Andy

Jeff

Here is probably a stupid question. Is there such a thing as a magnetic paint? I can invision you dipping the ends of those in a real thick rbber type paint and it creating a way to stick it to your fridge or stove or the side of my head. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawyerkirk

Ya, know all the years I have been beside or behind a saw I have thought about all the things that could be made with the trim pieces alone. Lincoln logs, building blocks, oven rack pullers, hot pad holder thingy, etc. I have always wanted to make lincoln logs. Silly I know, but simple, and a fellow could market them online for 1/2 the price of store bought kind. Maybe this winter I can pull  myself away from the saw long enough to make some. (that's what I said last year, and the year before, and the.....) I built my daughter a "timber frame" barn for her Barbies last winter out of some sassafrass trimmings, I'll see if I can't post a pic of it sometime.

Kevin_H.

8)Magnets!  8)That's it.

How about those thin flexable stick on magnets that you get at the office supply store to make your bus. cards into ref. magnets.

Hmm wonder if they will have enough stay power to hold a peice of 1/4" red oak 12" long...This just keeps on getting better.

Although andy was right the hole in the end would be cheaper.

Wow, Maybe I should put them on e-bay.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Brian_Bailey

Kevin - I would get some of those rare earth magnets and counterbore a hole and epoxy the magnet into it. The 1/4" size should be plenty strong for your oven stick.
www.hartvilletool.com has them.
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Thank You Sponsors!