iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln in CT

Started by HARLEYRIDER, June 13, 2006, 01:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HARLEYRIDER

Anyone know of a kiln in CT that will dry a small order? I have  13  5/4 x 16" x 36" stair treads I need to dry . They're at 16% now.
Greenwoods Timberworks

Den Socling

It appears that we will be installing a vac kiln in New Britain. It will take a couple months so it won't help this time but how often does this come up? Our customer will be drying very-high-end gun stocks and the kiln will dry them faster than they use them. The kiln will be sitting empty a lot. If this is a reoccuring need, I will suggest to them that they custom dry for you. The treads could be dried in a day from 16%.

HARLEYRIDER

thats good to know...thanks.  really? 1 day

Greenwoods Timberworks

Den Socling

Really. 1 day. I'll pass along your contact information. Glad to help but I hope you are careful with air drying. I'm sure you know most all damage is done while above, roughly, 28%.

Den Socling

Meant to mention about small quantities. I recently dryed samples from Equador. The whole kiln charge was packed into a cardboard box that UPS delivered and had delivered office paper before being 'recycled'!  :D

Don_Lewis

Call Nyle at 1-800-777-6953 and ask for the phone number for Moore Lumber in CT. They can probably help you out right away.

Thank You Sponsors!