iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Brand X Swinger

Started by Haytrader, December 12, 2002, 03:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

I am looking for someone who has a Brand X Swingblade mill. What can you tell us about this mill, good or bad.
Thanks
Haytrader

Don P

Horselogger, who's owned Lucas and now a Peterson looked at 'em and had good things to say except something about a fear of tripping when backing up?  Look down and see if it makes sense to you. He's been moving and I haven't been able to raise him. Swingers make some of the most accurate lumber I've seen, blade cost and maintenance is squat but you definitely work for it.
I tailed for him a little on the Lucas, we were working one day on a honker white oak. Finally milled all the top wood out of the way and I hooked my truck to the butt log and tried to pull it onto the farm lane we set up in...and hung it in the swale beside the road. After a couple of jerks he waved me off and we just picked up the mill and set it up over the ditch:D 8) 8).

Haytrader

Don,

Someone put a link to Brand X's site either on here or over at WW in the last week or so. I think whoever it was may have one but durned if I can find the post. The guy  who makes em called me last night and talked for an hour. He sounds like a character. He should be on here so we would have some story tellin competition for Bibby..... :D
Haytrader

Tom

Haytrader

Tom,

Thanks, but I had the link, was just wanting to visit with an owner of one. I tell you, when you get old  :(  seems like yer memory just kinda fades. Now what was it that I was wanting?   ;D
Haytrader

lumberman

If anyone would like to talk to a Brand X owner in person, please send us an email to lumberman@brandxsawmills.com and we will give you some owners names and phone numbers for you to call and chat about our mill.  We don't want to post names and phone numbers directly to the web of course.  

Tom

I can surely understand that, lumberman.  That doesn't mean that you have to be a stranger though.  Stick around and join in.  I'll bet you may end up explaining swing mills now and again.  Besides, we have a whole lot of neat stuff to show off. :D

Thank You Sponsors!