iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I just grew another tree!!!

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, December 12, 2002, 12:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

On post 101 a 3rd tree came in. Man I'm snowballin twards that 200th post and another FF hat!

Durn the Curses, full speed ahead!!!

Think I'm gonna dance now 8) 8) 8) 8)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

Sorry chum your prize was an early hat for being the umpteenth poster not an extra hat. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Weekend_Sawyer

Early hat, extra had, hat with a cat.... whatever, I just like hats!

Speaking of Cat's I used to have a pair of cat boots, they had a cat dozer in the tread. I used to love walking through sand or mud to leave my "cat" prints.

Jeff

I had a pair too. Caterpillar brand boots. One of the best pair of boots I ever had. I was going to get another pair when they wore out but could never find the size 12 1/2 that I needed. I think Walmart used to carry them here.

Fla._Deadheader

HAT???  FREE HAT????  FREE FF HAT??? I passed 200 posts near 2 weeks ago, and I ain't got no FREE stinkin FF HAT??? Can't blive everthing ya hear on here ?????
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Well! I aint posting no more explanations. If you missed the one on the members board. Can't help ya.

Fla._Deadheader

Well, escuuuuze me!!! Never knew there was a members forum. Too Dang exclusive a place for me to know about. My apologies, sir  ::) ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

um... why didnt you? its been visable there for your las 150 posts or so. Really? You cant see it? If you cant let me know because something is amiss.

Jeff

Well, I just went undercover as Fla_Deadheader and its there all right. You must just have been over looking it. See you dont need no stinking hat yet, we just give you 3 days worth of reading material instead. ;D :D

I forgot to add a smiley in my post before so here it is again.]

Well! I aint posting no more explanations. If you missed the one on the members board. Can't help ya.  ;) :D

Fla._Deadheader

Just remember sumptin, you young whipper-snapper. You will be in the SENIOR AGE group someday. and, we will see how you fare, with all the NEW technology that gets dumped on ya!!  ::) Us old timers don't recognize LOTS of stuff !! :(

Did ya ever lay down a 12" crescent wrench and then spend 2 hours lookin for it??  Did you ever start tearin your shop apart lookin for something, and have someone (Your Wife) walk in, and ask, IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ???? It was laying right here !! :-[ :-[

Some days I do well just leaving the house and then gettin back home.

I have already spent plenty of time on the forum, checking and checking, wondering why there are NO new posts??
  THEN, I think, REFRESH THE PAGE !!
  OH YEAH. You are in for a real edikashun ;D

BTW, I just discovered there are OTHER features to check out on this forum.

Actually, being a Treasure Hunter, it's kinda neat being on this forum. I get to have a treasure hunt every so often, to see if I can find NEW FEATURES!! ;D ;D

You do a real good job of hidin 'em from us, YA HEAR ???

I'm off (literally) on anudder hunt fer new features. Ya'll come !!
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

As we grow older, our thoughts turn to things that are more meaningful. We tend to spend a lot of time thinking about the Hereafter. For instance, we walk into a room and say, "Now, what the hell am I here after?"

:-[
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

whitepe

Weekend Sawyer,

The CAT boots are actually made by Wolverine
but they aren't made in Wolverine, Michigan.
Go figure   ;D

Whitepe

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

ADfields

I had a pair of them Cat boots and loved them but when I needed a new pair I could not find them.   After a lot of looking the wife hogtied me and took me to a Red Wing store and payed the big bucks for a pair of them Red Wing Boots.   I still have them and thay are all I ever put on (but for bunny boots), there all beet up and have one sole with a V shape melted in from standing on a fresh weld (HOT FOOT!) :o   The best part is I have had no need to go boot shoping after that day I got them, in 1994!!!
Andy

Jeff

Thats what I have now. Redwings. Had them since 96. The steel is showing in both toes, and the dole flaps just a little on the right boot. The company pays for my boots as I need them but I have just not been able to bring myself to go get a new pair. These are so comfortable. I hate the idea of breaking in a new pair of boots.

Haytrader

The company pays for them? Never heard of such a thing.
What else do they furnish? You eastern boys get all the good jobs.    ;)

How did that song go? "I owe my soul to the company ........

I buy myself a new pair of boots when I absolutely have to. AD, my boots leave a distinctive set of tracks for the same reason you described. Caught a flannel shirt on fire the other day.....with me in it.   :o
Haytrader

Ron Scott

Jeff must have negotiated a good Union Contract to have his safety toed boots provided.
~Ron

Jeff

Yup hell of a deal. It was negotiated before I got there. Apparently they decided that boots were more important then a retirement plan or a future. If these boots walked me out of there today and I never went back the only thing I would be leaving behind is a paycheck.

You guys hit a real sorespot right now. If I weren't such a weeny I would not go back there tomorrow. :( :-/ :'(

Haytrader

Sorry Mr. Jeff,

Didn't mean to bring up a sore subject. If it is that bad, then figure out a way to replace that check. Life is short man, we should wake up every day wanting to go do what we do. You are probably thinking, "I've already been doing that."
You're a fart smeller, I mean smart feller, so get a plan man. Heck, I have an idea, have a contest. Let's all come up with some ideas for our fearless leader. I'll bet the culmative brainology  ;) of this group will have all sorts of ideas.
(Now guys (gals), don't let Jeff down here)

HO HO HO, Jeffs job has got to go!     :P
Haytrader

Kevin_H.

Jeff it sounds like it time for you to buy your own sawmill and go it alone....You may want to get you one more pair of boots before you leave. 8)
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Fla._Deadheader

DanG Kevin. You beat me to it. Maybe Jeff has a program at work, where he can borrow the funds for the mill before he leaves. If'n it were me, I would start planning my escape now, and be ready to go as soon as the spring melt arrives. He should visit everyone in his area and figger out where he would fit in with a part-time job (Puter work would be my guess) and do the mill thing as often as possible. I'm sure, with his sperence, he will do just fine. It takes guts to just walk out into the world. GO FER IT, JEFF.

Ya can always come logging with us, in the "DEEP" south !!!  Just be careful with "the bumps".  ;D ;D ;) ;)
   First, it is ridiculed;

CHARLIE

Wolverine Boots ain't made in Wolverine, but Red Wing Boots are made in Red Wing and that's in Minnesota on the shores of the mighty Mississippi River just about an hour north of me! ;D  You see, those farm boys can build good boots. :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

I thought about selling these things in the early 60's to help with school but the price was too high even then.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mason to stop making shoes, cut 100 jobs
From the Journal Sentinel
Last Updated: Feb. 2, 2003

Chippewa Falls - Mason Shoe Co. will stop making shoes after nearly 100 years in business and put 100 people out of jobs by Oct. 31.

The company, founded in 1904, blamed the decision on an inability to compete with cheaper production overseas. While shoemaking will cease, Mason Shoe plans to keep running the distribution side of its business out of its Chippewa Falls plant and will retain 460 workers to handle mail-order business and other duties.

Weekend_Sawyer

Dad became a Mason shoe salesman just to get the discount and buy shoes for himself and 5 kids.

He was his own best customer!

I'll ask him If he has received his notice yet?

chet

Were Chippewa boots made at that Mason Shoe plant that shut down in Chippewa Falls.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!