iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterson demo day, Warren Indiana

Started by Part_Timer, June 10, 2006, 10:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Timer

I will be holding a Peterson sawmill demo day here at the house on August 12.

We will start around 9:30 and go untill everyone has their questions answered or we run out of logs.  I don't think we will run out of logs though.  ;)

If you would like to attend send an IM and I'll get directions sent out to you.

Thanks
Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Max sawdust

Would be nice, but no piggy roast for me either.  Kids 1 year and 3 years make travel over 3 hours tough >:(

How about a nice vacation up in northern wisconsin, sure I can find ya some nice big 36" EWP to "demo" my dream mill on ha your nice mill on :D

Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Part_Timer

Max

There might be some hope.

If we could get enough folks together to make it worth Peterson's paying my expences we might be able to get you on your dream mill.   ;)  I mean my mill.   :D :D :D :D :D :D

The only problem is that I couldn't make it untill the first of November but I love sawing in the snow.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.

Max sawdust

Tom,
That is something to consider in the future.  I am not sure if I want to give other people in the area the idea of a swing mill though :D  If the day comes when I figure out a way to financially swing a swinger, I would like to visits you in Indiana.
Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Part_Timer

Peterson 8" ATS.

Part_Timer

Well John brought down a 32" x14' white oak for the demo day this Saturday.  We will be cutting 2x8" for semi deck out of this.  there is also a 32"x 6' that will become 1x8's for woodworking.

would you like to see some pics ;) when we're done
Peterson 8" ATS.

Burlkraft

PT......where's that 5 footer that we're gonna slab up ??? ??? ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Captain

Part_Timer

MIke has never run a swinger before but picked it up quickly

Cutting 2x8 white oak trailer decking.  it was way to nice for decking but oh well it's not my log

Burlcraft brought down a clip on slabber for us to try.  It took a bit of time to install but it worked well.  Steve's end clip was missing the hole for the oiler so in typical FF fashon we improvised a solution.  Can't let a little mechanical difficulty slow down the progress.  Burlcraft I'll get ahold of Jake and have him send you the size and location of the oiler hole.  That bailing wire and duct tape just won't cut it in the long run.  ::) ::) ::) 
Don't you know someone with a machine shop.  ;) :D :D :D :D

Burlcraft and I talked at the hog roast about how to run a slabber.  I have never had the chance so I told him to bring it down and we'd both learn how to run it.   It worked very well. 

What we lacked in hydrolics we made up for in teamwork.  This is the first white oak slab.  It is 36" wide x 2 1/2 thick by 14'

This one is 1 3/4 x 36 x 14'

Burlcraft was a heck of a nice guy and let Marcus give the slabber a go.  Marcus is a new guy at work that is interested in a skillmill so he came out to watch things.  We had to do a little coaxing but he finally decided that he wasn't going to get a chance to run a slabber soon so he better give it a shot.

Steve and I a descussing how much better it cuts and less it rocks if you don't force the cut.  It seems to run much better if you just keep steady pressure on it and let the chain do it's thing.

I had a blast today.  everyone had a chance to run some part of the mill.  And we made soem good lumber.

Steve,  I'm gald you came down.  You and Jill are welcome here any time.  Zac said he even make breakfast again next time.

Tom  AKA  Dull Chain.  ;) ::) ::) ::)

Peterson 8" ATS.

getoverit

Looks like y'all had a good time and made some good lumber too. Wish I could have been there to enjoy it all :)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Captain

Hammy

Great stuff Tom, looks like a good day had by all. You missed out the most important pics though - wheres the bbq I was hearing so much about??
C. Hammond
Petersons

Burlkraft

Well.......I took some pictures myself ;D ;D ;D

I 'probly won't be postin' ALL the pictures I took...cuz I think Katidid was serious about comin' to Wisconsin to kick my butt :D :D :D

We would love to have ya...but not for that reason

Tell Zac that them was the best cheese G R I T Z I've ever had digin1 musteat_1

I had to do domestic chores today seein' how I been gone fer a month ..er...so...

I'll get them pics loaded and posted tomorrow ;D ;D

katie-did

No, Steve I was not joking  bat_smailey especially with the one that you have uploaded. I do not make a good picture. It was a great day though.  8)

You should have been here Sunday to help Tom move them Table Tops what an adventure. Ask Tom about the anchor seal????

Glad to see that you made it home OK and you are still OK  whiteflag_smiley now that Jill got a hold of you  smiley_whip  boxingsmiley . It was just too bad that she could not have come with you.  teeter_totter we could have really had some fun.

It was get to meet you again  smiley_wavy . Thanks for coming down.
Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

Part_Timer

NO lets NOT talk about the anchor seal. :-X :-X :-X :-X  Katie remember your B-day is coming up soon you better not talk about it either.   smiley_angel02_wings

Even cut in half those table tops were plenty for Zac and I to move. whiteflag_smiley

They should make some nice purniture in a couple of years.

Steve Maybe next year we can make a road trip up that way.
Peterson 8" ATS.

Burlkraft

Okay.........now ya gotta tell me about the Anchorseal :-\ :-\ :-\

You made Zac help ya with them tops ??? ??? Did ya take him out to eat afterward ??? ??? ??? A guy can burn a lot of calories movin' them big guys.

I wudda had a new post in the General board about Saturday...'cept I wuz makin' it when the Boss blew up the gallery...so no I didn't get the Katie-did photo posted...but I wuz gonna...

I knew it would be a good way ta get you guys up here to visit smiley_gossip smiley_gossip

Ya know...we're only 1/2 hour away from the largest water park in the world sail_smiley sail_smiley sail_smiley

I had a great time...and Jill has a VERY long list of things for me to do ban_smiley ban_smiley

So I started my day by cuttin' up some 6 X 6 beams for the saw shed smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

katie-did

And how much do you think it cost me to get the boss to do that Burlkraft.  smiley_thumbsup
Don't hold you breath on us making a road trip your way. Part-Timer do not like taking me out in public. I do not understand why  smiley_huh2 I am so quiet and shy!  laugh_at  smiley_angel01_halo  smiley_blush
And why would I care about the water park. I do not even want my picture on the forum let alone put a swim suit on in a  smiley_curtain_peek public place. I am sure that the kids would love it.

Part_Timer

Ken I wish ya could have been here also.  The slabber was a blast

Hammond  we were to busy eating to take pics of the food but I think Steve may have some. 

Burlcraft   I better just fess up cause Katie already said she'd rat me out.  I was sliding that BIG table top ( the one in the driveway) in the garage on some pipes and slid it to far one way and hit the planer.  On top of the planer was a gallon of sealer and BAM right on the floor topdown.  I slid it back on to the top and kept about half of the gallon from oozing all over the floor but the rest was everywhere, all the way into the wood shop.  On the bright side everything slid better when I was done. :D

Peterson 8" ATS.

Burlkraft

DanG >:( >:( >:(

Katie..........It's all about the kids ;D ;D ;D

getoverit

I got the blades Katie shipped down from the pig roast today. MANY thanks for doing that for me !

Sounds like you guys had a good time sawing and slabbing. I'm sure Zac had plenty of them southern cheese gritz to help him make the day with the slabs :D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Tom

I'm confused.

Who was that good looking lady that Part-timer had at the pig roast, then? :P :-X

Part_Timer

smooth Tom real smooth.  We're going to have to get Burlcraft to post his pics of Kate.  I'm just not sure how I'm going to sleep with one eye open for the rest of time if he does. :D :D :D :D

Ken no problem on the blades any time.

Zac had a great big bowl of them cheese grits before the sawing started.  he even shared with steve.  He knew he was going to need help with the slabs. :D :D  Steve sure does love them gritzzzzz.  I think he's a southerner in in hiding.
Peterson 8" ATS.

Burlkraft

Let's not get too carried away......I kinda got dat nordern accent ya know :D :D :D smiley_furious3 smiley_furious3

katie-did

Well Steve, looking like I am going to have to go up thought Michigan  to  bat_smailey smiley_whip hurt_smiley Delcy, went and bet you to posting my picture. So now I have to go up and bat_smailey smiley_whip hurt_smiley her too. Well you are not alone now.

Thank You Sponsors!