iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where do you find log turner chain & sprockets?

Started by mike_van, June 10, 2006, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_van

I've been all over google, years ago I had a catalog with sawmill supplies, of course I can't find it - New welding project for a log turner - Anyone know of  a source? 
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

thurlow

mike, not familiar with the chain and sprockets.............my mill has one of those big round blades  8)
on it and is all manual;  if this is just roller chain and sprockets, any farm supply house or tractor dealer will have them in whatever size you need.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

red

try
www.vikingchains.com

www.ansonindustrial.com
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

mike_van

Well, heres what I found if anyone else is ever looking -  Meadows Mills makes nice log turners, they'll sell you any parts you want. They make the turner chain [with the ears] either # 100 or #120, It cost 275.00 for 65" of it, 2 sprockets are 111.00 ea. Ouch I said.  I went to Surplus Center's website, I bought 10' of #100 chain, 2 links & 2  sprockets with shipping for 105.00 - I'll be making my own ears & welding them on.   I'll post some pics as work progresses, I know you all like pics.  I did find that old catalog, Mill Works of New England in Orange Mass.  No website, I tried the toll free #, but zippo - I guess they're out of business.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

jpgreen

I just paid $17 and some change each for 4 sprokets from WoodMizer.
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Thank You Sponsors!