iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

And a good time was had by all

Started by Qweaver, June 12, 2006, 10:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

We sawed all day today and finally got to most of the big logs that I've been avoiding.  I know that there have been tree houses built in and fences attached to some of these trees...plus these bruisers are just plain to big to easily turn by hand.  But we sawed them today and nary a nail was hit nor a  back was strained. 
This is the biggest diameter log that we have sawed on the LT15...29" on the small end.  I had to square off the large end with the chain saw to get the saw to pass by.  But Oh, the lumber that we made.  Here's some pics.

Sarah and cousin David

Me sawing

Sarah sawing

What we sawed

We still have a lot to cut before the cabin is done!
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

jerry-m

Nice wack of lumber...

I am really enjoying your cabin thread, especialy the pictures 8)

Thanks for sharing, Jerry
Jerry

brdmkr

That's some fine lumber.  Also seems like quite a log on the mill!  Thanks for the pics.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Tom

It sure makes work easier when there are friends around, doesn't it?

It looks like y'all were having a grand old time.

Those little mills are real workhorses, aren't they?  :)

Qweaver

QuoteThose little mills are real workhorses, aren't they?

Yes Tom, these little mills make you work like a horse. :D
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

jpgreen

Beautiful..  :)

Maybe I can get my wife interested, when my Woomizers running..  ???...  :'( :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

UNCLEBUCK

Great pics Qweaver and a great project youre on !  Thats a big log for any mill on a regular basis . Someday I am going to get me a Lt-15 like yours ! Keep up the good work and be safe  8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!