iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fresh from the garden

Started by Norm, June 04, 2006, 06:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

treecyclers

I do hereby nominate Don P and his wonderful bride for Forum Friends of the year!
This past Wednesday, I stopped at the old Post Office to pick up my mail, and quite unexpectedly got a little yellow tag that denotes that I have a package awaiting my picking it up in the office.
I walked in there to get my parcel, and say hello to the folks in there, and find a little package from VA that I have no idea who sent it to me....
I get home and impatiently open it, as I am starting to suspect that I know what's inside...
SHAZAM! There's a beautiful golden jar of FRESH PEACH JAM, courtesy of Mr. & Mrs. Don P.
WOOHOO!
It's already a great weekend, and that compounds it by a factor of 5!
My girlfriend is on her way up the hill from Phoenix, should be here in about an hour and a half or so, and we have a dinner date with some friends at the local Mexican food place in town.
Tomorrow, a farm style breakfast concocted by yours truly, complete with some of that FRESH PEACH JAM!!!
LIFE IS GRAND!
Thank you so much Don and Mrs. Don!
Have a fantastic day!
Superdave
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Don P

I'm hoping that's enough to tide you over till Roxie and Patty get you some more. Sounds like you'll have grounds to be our peach gourmet by the end of summer  :D.
We picked those up at a roadside stand in SC. They were good peaches, I think we only lost 2. Michelle passed some out to our homeowners' family. We got stopped on the way home Tuesday, fresh peach freezer jam  8).

Sorry about the cobbler, it was good  ;D

Paschale

Well, as of this morning, I've sampled some of Norm's cherry jelly.   8) 8) 8)

smiley_chef_hat

Tasty stuff, Norm.  Had it on a piece of toast this morning.  I plan to sample the strawberry/rhubarb soon too.

Thanks again, Norm and Patty!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

treecyclers

Well, what a weekend!
I had more fun with my girlfriend in town than I have had in a long time!
We walked around town, took in the sights, had a wonderful dinner at  a local resaturant, and a fantastic breakfast of eggs, sausage, and toast with some of that WONDERFUL PEACH JAM from Don and Mrs. Don.
My girl, being from Alabama, is well versed in the finer points of preserves, and she even said that it was one of the best she has ever had!
WOOHOO!
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Don P

Helping to move relationships forward one meal at a time  :D. Glad y'all had a good weekend.
(Our secret recipe is hidden within the surejell box  ;).) When a recipe is that simple the ingredients are everything, we just lucked into some really good ones.

Some friends came by last night bearing dessert. They had roamed the ridge above them and had made a cherry/blueberry crisp. A little whipped cream and a cup of coffee by the bonfire. That was good eatin  8).

Patty

There's a little-known holiday coming up on August 8— "Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night."

This is the official notice for this very special holiday. I received notification this morning on my email.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

hmmm August 7th is New Brunswick day, couldn't be that could it? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

treecyclers

I got hit by the cucumber monster last night!
A fat sack of cukes greeted me this morning when I stepped out for my morning coffee to watch the sunrise!
Cool!
SD

Roxie

Patty!  I'm so glad you mentioned it! 

Note to Cowboy Bob:  Load the shotgun!!!   8)
Say when

Don P

I didn't know it was an offishul holliday  :D :D.
When we lived in the city it was the time of year we had to find the house keys again. Michelle was just as bad to the neighbors. She worked in asparagus, strawberry and pepper research for awhile at moo U and would bring them home by the grocery sack till the neighborhood was saturated.

Woodcarver

Friend of mine came to work one morning muttering that he had forgotten to lock his car the night before.  "Somebody steal it?", I asked. "No, I found a half dozen
zucchini in the front seat this morning."  :D
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Thank You Sponsors!