iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

west virginia or kentucky coal

Started by highpockets, June 02, 2006, 09:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highpockets

If I come through west virginia or kentucky, is there a place I can buy a couple of 100# bags of good coal?
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

PawNature

I have been all over both states and have never seen coal for sale by the bag. You can usually pick it up along side the road if you don't need no more than that. Or if you pass a stock pile you might stop an ask if they would sell you a couple of hundred lbs. Odds are they will give it to you.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

twoodward15

108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Ernie_Edwards

Dick,

You may be too far away but there is a supplier in Wiconisco, Pa, a little north of Harrisburg. Darla has bought bagged blacksmith coal from them and was happy with it.

Kimmels,  717-453-7151.

They may be able to tell you of outlets they have along your route home.

Ernie

Gipper

highpockets

I've lived here in the coalfields all my years, and like PawNature, I have never seen it for sale by the bag!  And also like he said you might find that much along the highway, but will have to stop several times unless you find a pile of it where the Vehicle Enforcement Officers have caught a truck overweight and made them "drop" some of their load to comply with the weight limits.  They don't spill as much off the top now since they are enforcing the weight laws more strictly.

Don't know what part of the state you are planning to go through, but if you are near here, stop by and I'll give you that much.  Several years ago a friend gave me approximately a ton and I haven't used it all.  (I have a wood/coal burner in my shop along with gas heat.)  Our winters have become very mild so haven't needed to use that much.  It is not the top grade coal, but burns good - very hot, but is high sulfur which is hard on the chimney.  Makes good business for the Chimney Sweeps. ;D  It not the worst grade either. 

Gipper

mike_van

I get coal from Mahoney City Pa. by the 40# bag - Anthracite, comes in 4 sizes, stove, nut, pea & rice.  It was 4.50/bag last year.  Burns really clean. Some years ago someone gave me a hundred lbs. of big cementblock size coal,  soft, it left sooty oil like stains on everything outside. Cars, hatchway doors, everything.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Skip

Do a search on the net, I' m pretty sure i saw it on there somwhere once. I' m like the other guys , I get mine for free from a couple of coal bucket drivers I know.

Thank You Sponsors!