iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wow! Thank-you Raycon!

Started by Jeff, June 02, 2006, 11:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I had an awsome gift sent to me today!  Member Raycon knows I like old stuff related to the Forest Products industry, so he sent me something for my "Forestry Forum Museum" and it is just too cool!  Its an old moisture meter! Not sure what the age is on it yet, but by looking at the batteies in such, its an oldie.  Thanks Ray! I'm right proud to have this!

Here is a link to a bigger image where you can read the intructions you can see on the back cover of the box
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Jeff,
Keep an eye on those batteries.  They are notorious for swelling and bursting (not blowing up) with age.  You may have to replace the innards with a wooden block one day and try to keep the labels intact for a model.

CHARLIE

Wow!  Can you imagine carrying one of those around with you! That would sure crank on your shoulder. Things sure were bigger and heavier back then.  When I worked for the railroad in the mid 60s, we used 2 way Motorola radios that were on a sling which we hung over one shoulder. We talked and listened through a regular telephone handset that was attached to it. It was DanG cumbersome, especially when hanging on the side of a car with one hand and using the other hand to hold the radio to talk to the engineer.   
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

crtreedude

Very cool! Don't you like old gadgets!
So, how did I end up here anyway?

raycon

You're welcome. I have a bunch of  other stuff laying around as well. Old USF forestry hard hats,2 man saws, etc. Someday I'll take the kids to the UP and drop it off. 

10- 9 volt batteries wired in series and maybe you could put it  back in service.  I may have more paper work for it will send it  out if I do.
Lot of stuff..

Jeff

Bring those kids to da pig roast and then to the U.P.! I know they will enjoy it. Ask the LogRite family. :D   The first year they came alone. The second they brought the kids, this year Kevin is bringing his folks as well!  I'm really looking forward to that.  :) Its only 62 days away! 8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!