iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rust Reaper, Bicycle, Chain Question?

Started by Mike_P., June 01, 2006, 09:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_P.

A local farmer/customer is using Rust Reaper on the drive chains on his asparagus harvesters.  He's pleased with it's ability to creep into the chains, not sling off and not attract contaminats.   

He's also a long distance bicycle rider and is trying it on his bike, as is his buddy.  Apparently, what he had used previously results in a waxy buildup after some period of time. 

Have any of you Rust Reaper users used it on bicycle chains, other chains?  And, what do you think? 

Any feedback would be valuable and helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

Captain

Mike, the chains on the Peterson get lubricated exclusively with Rust Reaper.  No complaints yet....

Captain

arj

I found a new rusted up chainsaw chain  in the barn under a pile of junk, only about half was flexable rust reapered each link and put it on the saw , worked just like new.
                                            arj

twoodward15

I'm actually going to try it on my quad.  I will clean and oil it the day before my next ride.  I probably won't ride it until the 15th or 16th (some family coming to go riding with me)but I will report back after I do it.
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Ron Wenrich

I use it on my mill sawmill chains.  I just squirt them down in the AM, along with my dog slides and headblocks and the edger shaft.  I'm doing it just to add lube, not keep them from wearing out.  I've never had too much trouble with the chains on the carriage and with the volume I do, you have to peridoically change your chain.  We also have found that US made chain holds up the best.  Its also cost effective to buy better chain.

I do have problems on occaision with things drying up during the day.  A dog or downturn might start to hang up.  A lot depends on the volume I'm doing and how dusty the species.  Ash and locust give me the most problems.  A couple of squirts and its back to work.

We did take off one of the dogs and found a lot of black, compacted dust.  That has little to do with Reaper and more to do with dusty conditions.  I guess I could flush it out with diesel once a week.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!