iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

our new upstairs addition.

Started by Part_Timer, May 29, 2006, 10:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Timer

Well I've been promising people these pictures for the last couple of weeks.  In the last month we have laid 1200sf of new floor joist and flooring in the upstairs.  2 windows have been cut in the west end of the house.  Taylor's room has been gutted and a new stair case installed.  2 new dormers are going in 2 week from now.  There is a long way to go but we hope to have the kids upstairs by winter.  We're putting 2 bedrooms, a play room, and a second bathroom.

The stairs will be oak and everything in Taylor's old room (new computer room) will be red oak.  I'm not sure what the trim upstairs will be but I'm working on cutting Walnut for the flooring.  Kate and I like the look of Walnut with the sap running in streaks in it so it will be unusual at best.  I have about 500sf cut and dried so far and more in the yard.  I'm working on finding some more logs because I know I need about 1500-1600sf when I start.  The doors will probably be done in Sycamore with Osage panels.  I'm just not sure what is more fun cutting the wood on the mill or building all of this. Well that is it for now. I'll send some pictures of the view out the dormers in a couple of weeks. 

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

getoverit

Lookin good Tom !
Keep up the good work. Cant wait to see all that pretty flooring.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Norm

Looks great Tom, I'm real curious to see how your flooring turns out. I'd like to put some walnut flooring in my office at home but won't start on it until this fall at the earliest. Good luck.

KGNC

Good luck with the walnut floors they can look beautyful but a real pain in the neck to finish.
Way back in the old days I worked sanding hardwood floors.  I've got to tell you there is nothing worse than sanding walnut floors. We only did one house and I thought that would kill us all. The dust was so fine you could turn the sander on and a cloud of dust would come right through the collection bag. We tryed a number of different dust masks but nothing worked.
I did wonder if I could sell the walnut slabs that I blow out of my nose.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!