iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rate Your Risk

Started by CHARLIE, May 29, 2006, 11:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Here is an interesting website where you can rate your risk on things like robbery, murder or burglary.  Gives you some things to think about and may make you think about making some changes. Three separate tests.

http://www.rateyourrisk.org/
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

treecyclers

I got a -8 on the murder test. Guess that means that I'm fairly safe from that!
Might be from being a Marine Security Force operator, as well as presently being a Federal Security Officer...
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

thurlow

Interesting.........scored minus 8; plus 13; plus 12;  had no idea I was such a bad dude;  no wonder the neighbors take the ditch when they meet me in the road......... 8)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

scsmith42

-17 on the murder test, 30 on the robbery test. 
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Dan_Shade

i gathered from taking the tests that I need more loaded guns in the house!

too bad I can't shoot in any direction without putting holes in other people's houses. 

Here in Maryland, it is virtually impossible to get a concealed carry liscence.  That really bothers me.  I do carry pepper spray in my vehicles, though, the bear sized cans.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

treecyclers

You live in the land of the gun nazis, where the 2nd Amendment seemingly doesn't apply.
It's part of the reason that I won't move back east, as I firmly believe that any law abiding citizen has the right as GUARANTEED BY THE CONSTITUTION to own and bear arms, and keep them on their person as they see fit. I respect Law Enforcement's need to know who carries and who doesn't, and their self preservation of their own well being.
When I get pulled over, I ALWAYS advise the officer that I am carrying, where it is on my person, and ask what they would like me to do to ensure their peace of mind.
They're always amenable to that, and I have yet to have an issue.
I choose to carry, I am highly trained in the safe and effective employment of firearms, and woe be to the wiener politician that attempts to tell me that my right to do so has been revoked because of some whiner that is an anti-gun nazi.
When I have the money backing me, I will definitely challenge the constitutionality of the anti-gun laws, in every state in the union that I possibly can.
Our Forefathers would be rolling over in their graves if they saw what had become of some of our states.
Ok, Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now....
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Dan_Shade

i agree with ya, entirely.  joe drugdealer doesn't care about a permit.....  I just want to be legal.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

pigman

I scored a 63 on the burglary test. I think some of the questions do not apply if the nearest neighbor is a mile away. I have a lot of glass windows and doors and no alarm system. The test said my wooden doors only keep out honest people. If no one is home there is no house doors or windows that cannot be broken into and if I am home I think the broken glass or broken wooden door would awaken me and I know how to use a gun.  I scored an 8 on the murder test. I don't have many high risk activities. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

Any of you think you may be giving someone directions about how and when best to do you in ???

Frank_Pender

Risk of beating 4
risk of murder 2
risk of burglary 15

15 seems high, but they can't out run the lead chasing them, or the rope loop dragging them by the feet to the nearest Oak. :)
Frank Pender

Part_Timer

Negative numbers across the board. :) :) :)

MAybe that is why no one comes to visit anymore.  Except our gun totin buddies. :D and a few forum members :)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Texas Ranger

-17, -17, and 22, all that DanG glass did me in.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ron Wenrich

I scored real high on the burglary test.  Seems they don't like the unlocked doors.  But, there are other factors that aren't taken into account.  People who know where I live can't seem to find their way to my house.  I have a 6' chain link fence around a good deal of my property, thanks to my neighbors.  And, my neighbors have better stuff to steal than I do.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

I aint taking anymore tests on here!  Last night some scum broke into Stacy's car and our old bronco. They left the Forestry forum truck alone that we lock. Of course Stacy picks last night to leave her purse in her car. Thats how we knew someone broke in so early this morning. Someone down the hill and around the corner called to say they found her wallet in the street. She got her I.D. back but lost her purse. Weird. They took the wallet out of the purse, took the money out of the wallet, tossed the wallet and kept the purse. The cop says the calls are just starting to come in that we were not the only ones.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raphael

Ouch!  Sorry to hear that Jeff  :-[
I'm glad Stacy got her wallet back.  Lost ID and stolen credit cards are another nightmare you really don't need.  I suspect the purse and it's contents will get dumped somewhere further down the road after they take the time to got through it.

I skipped the test when the site offered me an invalid sercurity certificate...
  Robbery is pretty unlikely up here, our criminal types tend to be graduating HS senoirs who're having a bit to much fun and their crimes are usually making to much noise or minor vandalism at the worst.
  The only place I face a risk of personal violence is at work, the one place I can't bring a weapon no matter what sort of permits or licenses I have.  I work part time at a VA hospital, once you go through the gate you are on federal land and theoretically any weapons you have are subject to confiscation and you'll be arrested for bringing them in.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Bro. Noble

I wasn't sure if SOKIA was considered a gang ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Thank You Sponsors!