iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

network troubles

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2006, 11:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The trouble you are having is not the fault of your receivers. ;D

The network the forestry forum is on is having some firewall troubles resulting in some slow connections this morning. Hopefull it will be cleared up in an hour or less.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I think there is still some issues regarding this. I have been in contact with the network folks and hopefully they can come up with something. We have been having sessions timeout on the server for some reason. I dont know if they put some limit on when they were dealing with the firewall or what but right now, it sucks!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

I ain't havin' no problem. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

srjones

Firewalls and network load balancing appliances are often problematic, especially if you're running your site on shared web farm.  In addition to that, tracking session state information, whether in a cookie or in a query string, can add to the complexity.  By enabling sticky bits or persistancy, you may resolve some of these issues but at a cost of performance degradation.

Ummm....errrr...I just realized that 99.44% of anyone reading this has no idea of what I just said.   :o

Just have 'em kick the servers a few times and that might do the trick.  Also, let them know that you're looking around for a new hosting company and that might light a fire under 'em to figure out what the problem is.

However at the very least, they should start a trace with a packet sniffer to isolate the..........ummmmm, oops...there I go again   :-\
Sorry.

Technology...gotta love it. 
Everyone has hobbies...I hope to live in mine someday.

dundee

Thank You Sponsors!