iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finding online fasteners?

Started by Qweaver, May 25, 2006, 10:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I have a large amount of bolts and screws to buy and there is no discount suppliers close to me here in WV.  I tried doing a google search but hate to buy from an unknown source.  Any suggestions?
TIA
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Riles

I've used Bolt Depot online for wood screws. May not have the best prices online, but they were pretty good and dependable.

http://www.boltdepot.com/
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

Qweaver

Thanks Riles,  I just sent them an order.

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Gary_C

There is a company in Iowa that has a good supply of building fasteners, especially stainless steel hardware and fasteners for livestock buildings.

FarmTek
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Skip

Next time try Fastenal the have a store in Elkins and Fairmont as well as up here in Wheeling. Got about any kind of fastener you need.

Qweaver

I tried them Skip.  They were pretty high in price and they are an 84 mile round trip drive for me. $15 in gas and a lot of lost time   Mail order is looking better all the time.  They also kept very little galvanized.  But if I need it right away and no one has it local, it's nice to have them there.

Quinton

KGNC

I just ordered some carriage bolts from McMaster Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/
The price was better than the local box store even with shipping. Don't know if that was the best price but it was ok. I ordered them early wednesday and had them thursday afternoon.

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

submarinesailor

Quinton,

The brother of a VERY good friend of mine owns and operates a fastener company in New Hampshire called Main Source.  While we worked together at the Pentagon Heating plant, several other people ordered stuff from them and found them to be very good.

You can find them at Main Source or 800-242-2941.  If you deal with them and have a problem, let me know and I'll have a talk with my buddy about it.

Bruce/subsailor

Qweaver

Thanks for all the sources everyone. 
I got my order from Bolt Depot today and everthing looks good.  Even with shipping the price beats Lowes and local sources by a huge amount.

Quinton

Thank You Sponsors!