iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Forks (stone forks)

Started by TeaW, May 21, 2006, 08:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaW

This is a tool that I have had for a few years that I could not do with out. I use it to load processed firewood , logs ,sawdust, snow etc. I have pallet forks but prefer the stone forks for loading the live deck on my processor.
The prongs are forged with a dog leg and threaded with a nut on the back that fit into cone shaped frame. The dog leg lets diirt slip under the frame so you don't push it .The prongs are on 4 inch centers and overall width is 6 feet. I have changed tractors since this photo and changed it to a quick attatch on an Alo loader which is real nice to change over. This is the first time I have posted a pic so I hope it works.
Tea
TeaW

getoverit

Nice looking setup!

I can see where this would come in handy for some applications, especially moving sawdust like a pitch fork.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

John_Haylow

Looks like a good set up. I just had a QA installed on my loader and purchased a set of pallet forks.

I saw a set of those stone forks and thought they would be good for picking up firewood. I sure like the QA so far.

John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Cedarman

It might be good to put a log catcher at the top to prevent logs from going over the top onto the tractor when moving logs.

Never seen anything like it.  Looks nice.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

rebocardo

If I saw you coming down the road with that thing, I would pull WAY over  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!