iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Baby sitting my sawmill

Started by highpockets, May 21, 2006, 07:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highpockets

I was wondering if anyone was interested in baby sitting my sawmill while we make a little trip to D.C.
I have about ten blades and 55 gallons of gasoline here.  I'd like the Oak, Cedar, and Black Walnut cut up in 1" wide boards please.  Jpgreen is coming in to keep the dog off you while you saw.   

We're hoping to atleast sick our head in at Don's on I-81 in Virginia.  After D.C. we think we will go north Pennsylvanina then back to West Viirginia, Kentucky, Tennessee and home.  We welcome diesel fuel, truck repair and grits. 

Anyway, happy sawmilling. 
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

WH_Conley

Be careful about advertising having gas around, have thieves coming for miles. :(

Have a good trip.
Bill

jpgreen

No problem Dick...

JUST be sure and leave me and the dog some grits.  Dogs love the way I cook grits.

Have a nice trip..  ;D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

highpockets

Wh, what about diesel, I'll be about 50 miles from your place on my way back.  I guess I could trade gas for diesel.  Where is your tank? 

Pat this dog is so lazy you'll have to spoon feed him the grits.  When I was young any dog around would have fought over a squirrell head.  This one won't even run one off my muscadines.  I am thinking about getting a dashhound for a watchdog.   
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

WH_Conley

50 miles which direction?

Got a farm tank, the stuff is red though. :D
Bill

sandman2234

I get along with Zeus pretty well, so maybe I ought to come back out and babysit him. Just be sure and leave the keys to that International, so I can chase down any empty flatbeds that come into the yard hooked to a truck with Florida plates!
    Remember to stop and smell the roses, and if you get bored, Florida is only a few miles to the south! Be sure and not take any of that $3 a gallon fuel you bought or the trip might be too expensive to enjoy.
   Take care, drive safe and thanks for everything.
      David from jax

highpockets

Wh, we're planning to run I-64 to Lexington then to Elizabethtown then to Nashville.

Sandman,  I told Jacque that I assumed you got home ok. If not I hoped your wife knew your paypal password.  We enjoyed you visit and you know the door is open.  Now Zeus is another story.

Louisiana Country boy

WH_Conley

On I-64 you will be about 15 miles from me. Maybe just a little farther from Big Sid.
Bill

sandman2234

"15 miles from him"
       almost sounds like an invite for coffee???
          David from jax

WH_Conley

Who needs an invite? Coffee pot is always on. ;)
Bill

highpockets

Wh, thanks we think we are scheduled to stay somewhere in your area for a night.  Are there any campgrounds on I-64?  near your area?

Louisiana Country boy

Coon

Probably right in his back yard.....         OOPS DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD????? :D :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

WH_Conley

Bill

Don P

Remembered this morning, I think there's live bluegrass in Marion Friday nites. I'll google around and see if I can find out where, I'm thinking the old theater.

Don P

It doesn't look like they're playing at the Lincoln Theater Fri. nite.
You'll probably be able to pick up our local show, "Live from the Rex" on WBRF 98.1, usually gets going about 7pm.
Safe Travels, cell phone is charged and the home answering machine is on, we'll leave a light on  :).

submarinesailor

Highpockets,

When and how long will you be in the DC area?  I'm real close during the week days – the Manassas, VA area.  On the weekends I'm about 90 miles from DC down in the mountains of Madison County – Syria to be exact.  If you slip me a PM I'll give you all my phone numbers so we can try to connect.

Bruce/subsailor

highpockets

Don we are in Newton Tenn. We left Birmingham just roaming and got to Newton, after going through Gatlingburg, Tenn.  Never again with the duelly and a 30' camper.  Anyway we will be heading for probably lexington but will try to call.

Submarine, thanks, I'll try to give you a call. 
Louisiana Country boy

Don P

I missed Highpocket's call,(I checked in at the house frequently in the am and asked my wife to keep an ear out after lunch. My SIL got on the computer sometime in the afternoon and left it on  ::), I spotted it at 4) I'm hoping no news is good news and they are having a good road trip. Please pipe up if'n you hear from him.

highpockets

Don,
Sorry I did not get by. We forgot about it being a holiday weekend so when we finally got confirmation here at the campsite in MD, we decided to get here.  Man I have never seen so many state police. We saw eight between the stateline and your neck of the woods.  You have some pretty country but there were a few hills that I had to use 5th gear to make.  Thanks anyway, maybe we can take a raincheck on the visit.

Louisiana Country boy

Don P

Glad you all had a safe trip. Yup its hard to avoid our public servants on that stretch. I'm sure if you get back up this way we can find some better hills than that to climb ;D.

jpgreen

Good to here you had a nice trip and finally got back home Dick.

I came by with my Woodmizer, and to feed the dog, but he was not happy cause you didn't leave us out any grits..  :'(  So I just came back home..  ;D

highpockets

JP, I just now got to D.C..  We decided to drive to the metro and guess what? Can't get the duelly in the parking garage.  It was worse the that mountain to enter.  So I found that there was another parking lot for r.v's.  We drove around there and found that you could only stay 7 hours and had to be out by 15:30 hours.  I just put ten quarters in the meter and took a chance.  It just so happened that by 2 o clock my back was hurting so bad we had to leave the Smithsonian anyway.  I've a load of aleve and try again today.

Don, I'm really a flat land man. 
Louisiana Country boy

submarinesailor

Dick,

A lot of people here in the area are raving about the National Museum of the American Indian.  From what I'm hearing about it, I recommend you make it a point to visit.  I haven't made it yet but it's in the plan – if I can get the boss to agree.

Bruce/subsailor

jpgreen

When you get through Dick, come west.  Lots of places to park a dually.

Smithsonian... I've always wanted to see that.  Don't they even have a wax monica and blue dress in the clinton section?..  :D

submarinesailor

Dick,

One little price of advice, don't be trying to get out of DC on a Friday afternoon, after 1400 (2:00 PM).  The summer Friday afternoon and rush hour traffic here is unbelievable.  I recommend you be on your way out not later than 1:30 PM.

Bruce/subsailor

tcsmpsi

Now, brother highpockets, you know there's plenty of them there hills close to Pleasant HILL....just that the biggest ones are inverted.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

highpockets

We made a pretty good round yesterday.  With my back about to kill me we decided to try the tour-mobile to see the monuments.  It worked out nice.  Hopefully we can make the Air-Space Musemum today. 

As for leavinng, we will wait until Saturday Morning.  I like the thing about the inverted hills. Never had thought about that. 

Louisiana Country boy

tcsmpsi

Used to spend a lot of time in and around Many.  One of my ol' brother-in-laws was a forester for Boise Cascade and had access to some really good hunting and shooting areas.   ;)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

highpockets

tcsmpsi, the hunting has gotten a lot better since boise and others started leasing their land.  I only have 40 acres left to hunt on. I bought land as a young man for an investment and it did me well.  I still have enough to steal a few trees to saw. 
Louisiana Country boy

jpgreen

And while you're at those trees Dick...

Let's work on the sideburns..  ;D

highpockets

JP, that looks like a photo from Aberdeen, Scotland in 1973.  I'll bet you had some of those at one time. 
Louisiana Country boy

jpgreen

Yep I did, and was singin' "Lets Get It On" by Mr Marvin Gay..  8) :) 8)

highpockets

I got hung on Delbert McClinton.  Boy, Intercourse, Pennsylvanina is simply beautiful.  There is a dairy on every hill. 
Louisiana Country boy

Thank You Sponsors!