iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jeff's Cabin plaque's

Started by dundee, May 28, 2006, 06:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundee

I have 3 days off work before I head away again and I do want to finish my contribution to the cabin, I need clarification on the measurements, I can understand what 53/4 is, but somewhere the mention of 1inch,

"What is 1 inch" ? 3/4 / 7/8 15/16

If you guys get a handle on metric measurements it would be more "accurate" for us members downunder to understand---I don't wanna go near a "whack" of either

Richard

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Qweaver

I taught school in Australia during the years that they were converting from the English system to metric.  It was common to hear things like, "OK, but how much does it really weigh" or " How much is that in real money" or "But constable, the sign said I could do 100"

It was especially hard for the older folks who had never known anything else...umm, kinda like most of us are now.  How soon we forget.

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

dundee

sawguy21

A friend mentioned miles and his 17 year old daughter asked seriously "Dad, what's a mile?" :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

Hey Dundee!  Just send Jeff a couple of cubic meters of Macrocarpa and he can trim off what he don't need. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!