iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's these eh?

Started by Jeff, May 15, 2006, 01:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

If you can be the first to accurately guess what these things represent, I'll send you the last available Forestry Forestry forum hat from the last order. Forgot I had it and a couple others stashed in the bedroom for spares for myself. ;D

I'll let the peanut Yooper gallery be the judge if you come close enough. No Help from the Yooper Gallery allowed, and you know who yoozguys are! :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

The path you took to get to the Expo?

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Steve

Two different routes to the same place. One is a little more direct.
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Jeff

more information is needed. I need the scenario  ;D

Radar67

The blue one is the path Chet took and the black is the one everyone else took.  ;)

Stew

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Gary_C

Looks like a route you got off your GPS. The blue route you took the full tour and then the straight route back.

Don't have a clue where you were, but most likely in a small plane.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Danny_S

yea that looks like the path I took to find one of those Geocaches (www.geocaching.com) and the black is the path back out from it....   :)  That's how I find about 90% of them....
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Dana

Jeff, how about maple sap lines?
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

One is a womans route through the mall, the other a mans!  ;D
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

chet

smiley_hanged 
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Tim L

looks like crazy straws !
Do the best you can and don't look back

sprucebunny

The blue is Chet's path to the 'fries' stand and the black is Jeff's :D

They had great fries at the Expo in Vermont ;D Mrs. Captain recomended them and I agree ;D

We need more clues !!!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Burlkraft

They look like most of the rope I have around here. The one that is long enough to be any good takes an hour to untangle. The other one is too short to be of any use for anthing ;D ;D ;D

Send me the hat 8) 8) 8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pappy

the blue one is the GPS track at the Expo and the black one is from the hot dog stand to the restroom  :D  :D  :D  :D

Jeff I though you swore off those gas station steamed dogs  ;D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

sawguy21

The blue one looks like my 100' extension cord most of the time
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

OneWithWood

I would say it is the path you and Chet took that time in the mud and snow where you became the ballast on the bumper, or was that bummer :D.  The straight black line is the modern (as in it actually has some pavement on it ) going to the same place up der in da up.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

jrokusek

Broken bandsaw blades?

Jeff

:D

Stew, yer close enough, email me your address! :)

Chet was to be our leader from from the border to to da expo as he had been through the are before. Well, we went here and der and the strangest thing happened, I looked up at the mirror to see what direction we were going, and even my compass was lost! Nailhead took a phto of it. It had changed to a c for chet and just stayed that way the rest of the day.

Nailhead

Ya, and we figured out why Chet had a rear view mirror in his truck. It wasn't so he could try to keep track of us running all those red lights trying to keep up with him, it was there so he could look at him self and see who was lost. ;D
"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

Jeff

Before Chet takes credit for it, and says he was getting lost on purpose just so they could have this happen, the guys ended up going into the chamber of commerce and all they could talk about the rest of the day was the gal with the awesome little french accent that helped them find thier way.

Pasbuild and I of course stayed outside and looked at totem poles and chainsaw sculptures so we have no idea what them guys are talking about. That short line represents OUR route when we became the leaders. ;D

Radar67

You mean I got me a new head decoration? Thanks, address is on the way.

Stew

Kevin

Another hour north and you guys could have seen the water running north to James Bay.

Jeff

I thought Chet said we were about as far north as we could go on 17 right there near the Canadian Carvers?

Stump Jumper

Betcha Chet could of have found it if it had been on a two -track eh? ;)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Jeff

I mentioned Canadian Carvers, what an interesting place. Way beyond my price range but I saw somethings I really would have liked to bring home.
Some amazing art there.

woodbowl

Stew, it looks like you've won the last,... last ... forestry forum hat! I was sure that Jeff gave me the last hat a few months ago.   smiley_headscratch
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Jeff

This one has been tucked away and forgotten in our bedroom for a couple years and was different from the one you got Olin.

woodbowl

DanG's hat is different too. ..... How many different front styles are there now?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Kevin

You could have gone a little farther up that two track .

Jeff

can you get to james bay?

Olin, there has been 6 different caps I think.

Radar67

Olen,
     Jeff just keeps conjuring them up. He needs one and it appears.  :D

Stew

Jeff

I conjured all I can conjure without conjuring some money. :D

sprucebunny

Thanks for the pictures, Jeff. I'll have to look for that place this August.

Jeff

I may plan to go north after the pig roast maybe we can show you, or are you coming from that way?

woodbowl

Stew, didn't he say he found it stuck under the bed or something like that? I'll scroll back and check. If it's an old one, it will be a classic. Be sure to knock out the dust bunnies.  :D

Jeff

Its a beauty. If there is sumpthin wrong with it you can blame Olin. I'm shipping it to you in the box I got his block of wood today in.  ;D  I'll leave in one of the little sample shavings just for good measure.

sprucebunny

Jeff .... I'll probably be going back that way.... that would be fun to have a sort of guided tour from locals ;D

woodbowl

Quote from: Jeff B on May 15, 2006, 11:24:06 PM
........  I'm shipping it to you in the box I got his block of wood today in. 

Hmmmm .......... uh oh

Radar67

Jeff, Olen is closer to get to if there is anything wrong with it. Especially now that I know he has a fairly new hat.  ;) Now Olen, is there something I should know about that box?  ::)

Stew

woodbowl

Quote from: Radar67 on May 16, 2006, 12:05:12 AM
is there something I should know about that box? 

No, .......  it's just a plain ole' box that was ......   ::)

Radar67

It's the .... that has me concerned.  :D

Stew

Jeff

Stew its just the box that woodbowl shipped me his block of wood in. We may even have an invention once you get your hat. You will have to let us know, but we may have a product that helps with symptoms of the common cold. 8)

Radar67

Hmmmmm..... interesting.....I'll have the bleach ready just in case it gets out of hand. ;)

Stew

Kevin

Quotecan you get to james bay?

No, I have to be in bed by 10.  ;D

isawlogs

Well if you plan on going up dere .. I will donate my time as a guide for ya .  ;D

Ya already know where the 17 is .. take it all the way back to Ottawa , cross over da bridge onto highway 5 all the way to the end and take a right onto 105 , go 500 feet drive in and knock on the door or hollar  ;D   

I'll crab my fishing tackle , we could make James bay in 12 hours from here or a few days  ;D  if ya bring Chet wit ya .  :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Murf

Nah, ya got it all wrong dere Marcel, James Bay or at least Waskaganish is only 450 miles from you....

Dat makes it only about 3.75 hours.  :D

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

isawlogs

Ya know , your probable write Murf . I was thinking of Radison ... where I worked , wich is 12 hrs from here  ::).. Ya cant get them all .  :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Radar67

Quote from: Jeff B on May 16, 2006, 02:26:31 PM
You will have to let us know, but we may have a product that helps with symptoms of the common cold. 8)

Been meaning to let you know I got the hat, didn't have no invention in there though, just some smelly old wood.  :D The old battle ax made me take it off before I went to bed though.  :( (The hat, not the smelly old wood) I did however send that box back to you, even enclosed some smelly old wood of my own this time.  ;D

Stew

woodbowl

Jeff didn't tell you what kind of wood it was?

So ............. what does it smell like?  What kind of wood is it?

Hint =  I sawed it in Florida for a customer about a month ago.

Jeff

I dint need to tell him. It was wrote all over the box. Remember? :D

Radar67

WB, I know you told me that wood came from someone's yard, but I'm still wondering how camphor got to Florida.  :)

Stew

woodbowl

Quote from: Jeff B on May 28, 2006, 10:50:29 AM
I dint need to tell him. It was wrote all over the box. Remember? :D

Oh yea, ....... The guy at the Post office smelled it throught the box and said "what is that"?  I said, it's Champhor wood.

He said, I better write on here cause if I don't they'll have the HAZMT team out thinking something broke inside.

Stew, I don't think Champhor trees are native to Florida, but people buy all sorts of trees through nurserys and seed catalogs. The only time I've sawed them, they came from peoples yards. ....So did the nails.  :-\

Thank You Sponsors!