iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Expo Richmond Show 2006 May 19 & 20

Started by VA-Sawyer, January 29, 2006, 12:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA-Sawyer

I'm starting to make plans for the show. Last year there was a last minute scurry for logs to saw for some of the demo people. By the time I found out about the need, it was too late for me to do anything about it.  I live less than an hour from the site.  Perhaps, I can be of some assistance this year.
VA-Sawyer

VA-Sawyer

I redid this post via the calendar and deleted my origional one.  Now it should make 'Da Boss' happy.

Ga_Boy

Peterson will be there with a 10" WPF.  Dorp by the tent and say hello.

I am also looking for anyone who can drop by on Thursday and help put up the tent.  I'll buy the first round of cool adult beverages.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Captain

OK Mark, HOW BIG is the site and HOW BAD do you Central Atlantic Folks want to see an ASM again??

Captain

Ga_Boy

Craig,

I have not heard what site I'll have, but I did mention to Jake that a 50 X 50 is much better than a 25 X 50.  For me I would love the oppertunity to dirve that ASM.

So come on down and I'll by the second round of beverages. 8) 8) 8)

Mark

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Dan_Shade

Hey Mark, you cover my expenses, and my tab, and i'll help you get that tent up!

warning, my tab can be more than my other expenses, i kept track in college, I drank more in beer than I spent on food, and that didn't count the bars!

at any rate, I'm planning on going down on the friday of the show.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DR Buck

:)  I plan on being there on Friday of the show as well.   I'll be carrying around the hard copy photo album of the BIG Kennedy estate tree GA Boy, Dan Shade and I brought home.  I'll be wearing my green "Got Logs" cap.  I may even alternate it with my FF hat!  ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

alwaysoily

Was just wondering if anyone has or is going the Sawmill and Logging Expo in Richmond on May 19 and 20.  It's a little bit of a drive and was going to make a long weekend out of it, just wanted to know if it's worth the drive.  If anyone is going its always nice to place a face with a name on the forum, and maybe talk a "little shop", I can talk a little better than I can type(and in less time). :D If enough forum members are interested maybe we could all meet up?

Furby

alwaysoily

Never really went down that far on the topics page before, I always seem to get hung up on this page.  Thanks for the FYI.

submarinesailor

I'm planning on being there on Friday morning about 10:30 AM.

Bruce/submarinesailor

Dan_Shade

i'm gonna plan on being there friday.  i'll wear my FF hat!

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

neslrite

I will be there both Friday and Saturday, I will be at the Carl Neutzel Services booth with my Forestry Forum hat on ;D

Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Ga_Boy

Swing by the Peterson tent and say hello.  I'll be the one wearing the saw helment . ;)

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

I'll be there one day, not sure which yet. Look for the hat!
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

scsmith42

I'm going to try and make it as well.  Since most of the FF folks seem to be targeting Friday, think that I will too.

Weeksville, what part of NC are you in?

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Uh,..... Weeksville ! ;D :D

Just kidding :D

Northeast corner 15 miles south of Elizabeth City.

And it will be Friday for me as well!
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

VA-Sawyer

Was there both days. Saw a number of FF members.  Weather was pretty nice except for the winds being a little strong. I think they had more exibits this year than the last show.

Ended up buying 2 cant hooks from Log-Rite ( a 78" and a 48").  Used the  48" all day yesterday. Wow it works nice.  8) Thanks again to Kevin.   ( Missed Tammy's Brownies )

WoodMizer had a nice setup at the show.  Still wishing I could afford a LT-70.  :)

Saw Don Lewis from Nyle Kilns there. I ordered a set of plans from him.  Wished I had more time to talk with him. He is quite interesting.

There were a lot of neat ideas there. I'm thinking about trying a CBN wheel for the blade sharpener.  They are about 10 time more in cost, but should last 15-20 times as long in use. Biggest advantage is not having to keep truing up the wheel.  Looking at the handheld metal detector from MDI. They state it will find a nail  15" deep in any kind of wood. At $995 it is a little pricey but  it seems to be a very solid unit. Much more stout than my $300 detector that doesn't work anymore. ( Victim of falling boards ). Does anyone else use one of the MDI units ?

UC Coating rep said that they're going to have a price jump first week of June so you all may want to get your Anchorseal order in before then.

If you were there, lets hear what you thought of the show.

VA-Sawyer

PS Did anyone else miss TAMIAM and her Brownies?

Frickman

I got to meet Va-Sawyer at Log-Rite. I picked up a 36" cant hook. Used it yesterday and today and already it's my favorite hook. I missed the brownies also, Kevin said that if Tammy doesn't come, neither do the brownies. :(

I had a good time at the show. I really wasn't looking for anything special, other than a cant hook. I went just to stay abreast of changing technology. My buddy located a dealer who handles skid steer attachments, and I spent some time checking out a Franklin 170 forwarder. All in all we had a good day.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Dan_Shade

i met a few fellow members as well!

I really want a LT-28, I mean I really want one!

I didn't complain about the brownies, but I feel bad for you guys looking forward to them :)

Jeff

You can always come to da pig roast for da brownies. Problem is here, I try to hide em for myself. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

VA-Sawyer

The first time I met Kevin and Tammy was at the Richmond show two years ago. She was handing out BROWNIES and he was doing demos of cant hooks and peavys.  This year the only thing being handed out was gloves. Believe me, the BROWNIES tasted much better than the gloves.

Jeff - I don't think we should let Forum Sponsers get away with such 'bait and switch' tactics.  Can we make some kind of ruling that Tammy must make BROWNIES for all the LogRite shows.  ;)

Dan - Have you ever had one of her BROWNIES ?   8)

BROWNIES at the Piggy Roast won't do me any good.  I'm going to be on a cruise ship that week. Dang it !   :(

VA-Sawyer   

Jeff

VA-Sawyer, I did make a deal with Tamiam. First she gives you brownies, now come the gloves. Next is mittens and then chinese thumb traps. This all leads up to where you guys gather at the pig roast with all these contraptions on your hands while I make off with 3 pans plus of LogRite (CODE NAME HERE) Brownies. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

VA-Sawyer

Jeff,
I see a slight flaw with your plan... 3 pans means at least 3 trips with your bum shoulder. Sombody will manage to get out of the chinese thumb trap by then so you will just end up being caught 'Brown' handed.
VA-Sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!