iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A film on bandsaw mill use.

Started by toxedo_2000, May 09, 2006, 11:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxedo_2000

I made a little documentary about how to use a bandsaw mill.
It is in french, but maybe you'll enjoy the images if you dont understand the language. One image is worth a thousand words. There are lots of images .....
Anyway, here is the URL (QuickTime)
http://www.webtvlive.com/Moulin.mov
Toxedo
Toxedo
Why walk when you can fly

sawguy21

I got sound but no picture. Apparently I don't have the necessary software.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Yep, apparently missing some codex or something. I just get sound.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

You guys are doing better than me... I.E. gave an application error and crashed horribly when I tried to view it. And I have just installed the latest version of Quicktime  ???

Ummm.....?

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Shawn

Me too, sound but no video. My mac friend sends me videos all the time that I can't open. Can you convert it into a different format?
Shawn...
Change is part of the design process.

Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations

Mr Mom

Great movie!!
     I tried it and saw and hearded it. I dont know french but if i did i bet it was full of information that was important.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

sparks

It would not show the video part with Quick time. I updated but no video. Do not upgrade your Quicktime. You need to download the new 7.0 version. It is free from Quicktime.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

toxedo_2000

There is an other URL for my little film
http://www.tuxedoproductions.com/mov_moulin.html
Try this one too if the other is jammed. Maybe it will be better.
Tox
Toxedo

JimBuis

It is a pretty good film from what I saw of it.  I watched about half of it.  If you have a slow connection, don't try it.  I have broadband and it takes a good while to completely download.  It does have some nice closeups of different parts of a mill in operation as well as different tasks that are part of operating it.

Good job! 8)

IMHO,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Gilman

Nice,
Great job, did you have help filming it, or was it a one man show?

Thanks
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Grappletractor

Quote from: toxedo_2000 on May 10, 2006, 10:59:57 AM
There is an other URL for my little film
http://www.tuxedoproductions.com/mov_moulin.html
Try this one too if the other is jammed. Maybe it will be better.
Tox

Only sound here too  >:(

toxedo_2000

Quote from: Gilman on May 10, 2006, 11:05:42 AM
Nice,
Great job, did you have help filming it, or was it a one man show?

Thanks

Thanks
;D I did all alone. Nobody to help, neither with the mill, neither with the film. Like it is wrote at the end.
I just put the camera somewhere, and roll everything. I had a wireless microphone on me, and made the commentary as I was working. After 3 days, I had a lot of images to cut and paste, and that is the result.  :)
Tox
Toxedo

3-Ringer

Tox, awesome video!  I agree with Mr. Mom though, wished I could of understood cause I bet there was alot of good information in there!?

-Ed

sprucebunny

I would REALLY like to see this video, not just because I've enjoyed other productions from Toxedo, but because Tox has the same kind of mill that I do and they are a little rare.

Does anyone know why some of us can see it and some can't ???

I downloaded the update to Quicktime 7.0.4 and also tried to download Quicktime 7 but that said that I had a newer version already. ::)

Please help the computer challanged ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

Joan, I have not made it work either. I first tried to update quicktime, then I uninstalled and got the latest version. No luck. Still only sound.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raphael

I'm on dialup so I saved it to my HD, media player classic w/ the Quicktime plug in needed the file name changed to Moulin_bois.mov before it would open it, then reported:
"Quicktime is missing software to complete this operation.  Unfortunately, it is unavailable on the quicktime server."

Looks like I'm at an impass as my OS isn't supported by QT-7.  Anyone succeed in running this with QT- 6.5.2?
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

GF

It would not run if you downloaded it, Quicktime would run it only within a browser window.

getoverit

I suspect this will run good on an apple product, but I cant get it to run on WIndows XP Pro either, even with the QT 7.0 upgrade.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

sprucebunny

jrokusek

Quote from: GF on May 10, 2006, 03:43:33 PM
It would not run if you downloaded it, Quicktime would run it only within a browser window.

Here's what worked for me:  download the latest and greatest version of the QuickTime software from the internet.  Install it.  Reboot your computer.

Then come back to this thread and let the movie play inside a browser window.  Worked great.  Well done film!   It was worth the hassle getting it to work.   Good stuff for guys like me who are working on a homebrew sawmill.

Jim

toxedo_2000

Thanks a lot jrokusek
I'll make you my agent ! ;)
Toxedo
Toxedo

JimBuis

I have a PC running Windows XP Professional and it runs perfectly.  Just a little big.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

getoverit

I uninstalled quicktime, rebooted, installed qt 7.0.,4 again, rebooted, and still get this error:

An error occured in a plugin on this page.

I give up.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

sprucebunny

I got it  8) 8) 8) Great film, Tox  8) 8) 8)

I had to change browsers to make it work. Wouldn't run on Safari, IE crashed before I got to this topic and Firefox ran it fine.

Merci, Toxedo and Merci Mr. Gilbert for a great mill  8) 8)

toxedo_2000

Toxedo

Thank You Sponsors!