iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New members map

Started by Jeff, December 01, 2002, 03:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We now have a new members map system. It is now an integrated part of the forum available to members only.

Put yourself on the map!!!

Here is how you do it. Go up to the menu bar and click members. Find yourself in the members list and click on your name to view the profile. You will now see a link that says edit members map. Fill out the blanks and then click on the Map where you live. then click save. Thats it! This will put you on a personal map in your profile and on the group map you can see by clicking the member map icon in the top tool bar.

On the group map there is a list of member names to the right. If you click on a members name, thier location will blink on the map. If you click on a pin on the map, the users profile will open. If a user is online his pin will blink on the group map. Can you see it? Pins blinking all over!:o All sorts of cool stuff, so Come on now!! Put yourself on the Forestry Forum Map!!

P.S. I may create state maps instead of the USA map If necessary later on if things get crowded.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

I tried,but my computer won't let me right now.I need to get it fixed,it's starting to irritate me a bit.

From what I've been told,I have bits of windows 98 still floating around :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Paul can you send me somewhere where I can find your location on a map? Email me your town and province and an idea where to put you and I will add you.

Jeff

What is absolutely cool is going to the members map and watching the different parts blink where people are on line. Can't wait till a bunch of us add to it and are all on at once. 8)

ADfields

I did it but it did not put me on the map like all the others.   I placed my pointer and all so I should be showing.   Well I will give it time!
Andy

Tom

Check out MY instructions on "behind the Forum" Andy.  Maybe there is something different in them. :D :D :D

DanG, Jeff.  I have to go trolling for readers. ??? :D

Paul_H

Thanks for the help to put me on the map Jeff.I like the new flag too.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Brian_Bailey

Jeff,
 Your map system is  8)!  I'll bet you'll have to do the state maps sooner than you think. The last time I was at the NE Woodmizer branch. They had a map on the wall with pins stuck in it showing where most of their mill owners are located. I started laughing to myself wondering if there were any trees left in some of those areas as you couldn't see the map because there were so many pins.
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Jeff

Andy you are not there. Try again and be sure to hit save after you click on the map.

Tillaway

Andy, remember to choose your country.  It took me a while to figure that out.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

CHARLIE

That's neat Jeff! Thanks!  I really like the flashing trees when someone is online.8)

Hey Tom!  Since when did you move to St Augustine? Your tree is in the wrong DanG place!  I tell ya (small pause for affect) you hit 60 and forget where Jacksonville is..... ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

Jeff

Andy Fields, gotcha covered on the map I think. you may need to adjust the position a little. I think that is the problem for those of you with a problem. You Have to fill out loction, state or province also or it does not take??

woodman

Jim Cripanuk

Jeff

No Jim, try again. :) If you did it you will see a map in your profile.

Noble_Ma

I thought I did that too Jeff?  I'm not sure why mine didn't take either?  What did you have to do to fix it?

Jeff

Nothing, just went in clicked the map and hit save.  My view of the forum is as if I were logged in as everybody. :) Any body that needs help holler and Tom or I will get you added. (IF ALL ELSE FAILS)

The only thing I cannot and don't care to see is private messages.

Noble_Ma

And if you could, you'd have to change your name to Big Brother ;D

L. Wakefield

I did it and I love the map with all the flashing lights. Sure is a whack of us sitting up at 2300 with the forum. I haven't caught up to things in a LOONG time.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Noble_Ma

I think we're squeezing every minute out of the weekend we can.  I had a long weekend and tomorrow is work :'(

CHARLIE

Jeff, would you explain to Tom where Jacksonville is on the map. I think he's losing it in his old age. He's 60 ya know. :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

ADfields

Thanks Jeff 8)
I filled it all in and hit save and when id did not take I went back and did it a 2nd time and still no tree. ???

Looks to me like the tree is planted right in my yard, you hit it on the money! ;D   Now will you be mad if I go out and saw it up? :)   Thats the bigest tree in all of Alaska! ;D :D
Andy

Noble_Ma

Jeff,

When I got to work this morning my tree and name had dissapeared?  I added it again this time with no problems.  I'm wondering if it was my browser at home.  I use Netscape 6.0 at home and IE at work?  I wasn't seeing the tree when I pointed to the map at home.  I saw it right away at work.  Anyway I'm back!

Bro. Noble

Noble,

Even though you had a flag yesterday,  when I clicked on it nothing happened.  It works now.

Jeff,
This map deal is sooo neat!  The other one didn't work on my computer and of course didn't have all the cool features that this one has.  Every time I get to thinking this forum couldn't be any better and then you pull something new out of your hat.
Thanks once more.
Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

We have had almost 100 different members on just today and only a total of 50 people have added to the members map.

What gives? Noble did it it cant be that hard. ;) Tell em Nobel, the map is cool and they should be on it.

Thank You Sponsors!