iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Machining Parts

Started by jrokusek, May 08, 2006, 06:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrokusek

This is different.   http://www.emachineshop.com/

Interesting concept.  Draw a part you want, check the price, submit it with your credit card # and get your part in the mail.   Seems like a simple mistake could be expensive.   Could work pretty slick though.  For those of you who are more knowledgeable than me (that's most of you) what do you think about this?  I have this crazy idea in my head........

Jim

sprucebunny

Hey, that's neat  :) I would have at least priced something if the software worked on Mac .
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Slabs

Very interesting.

I do CADD, machine and piddle with electronics.  Wish I had a project to try them out on.

An on-line service like that is almost too good to be true but I'm open about it.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Frickman

I've seen this concept before, it's great idea. I was talking to a fellow a while back who was out west in some little town where they installed a fancy, expensive printing press. The local market area couldn't keep it busy full-time, so they did contract jobs for anyone around the country overnight. A customer could submit a job over the internet at 5:00 PM and it would be shipped out the next morning.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

scsmith42

Way cool!  Thanks for sharing.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

jrokusek

Quote from: Frickman on May 08, 2006, 09:29:28 PM
I've seen this concept before, it's great idea. I was talking to a fellow a while back who was out west in some little town where they installed a fancy, expensive printing press. The local market area couldn't keep it busy full-time, so they did contract jobs for anyone around the country overnight. A customer could submit a job over the internet at 5:00 PM and it would be shipped out the next morning.

I'm working with a company like that right now.  Ain't cheap but man that digital press sure makes nice stuff - fast too!  On another note, the U.S. Post Office is starting to work in that market right now too.  Most expensive place I found yet!

I'm going to dabble with that software and see if I can draw something like this:   

Looking to have that turned for my homebrew sawmill with a 1.25" hole for the shaft.  Going to make it a bit more hefty though.  I think the price will scare me....

GF

Why not buy one from www.surpluscenter.com completed for $14.00

jrokusek

Quote from: GF on May 09, 2006, 11:42:48 AM
Why not buy one from www.surpluscenter.com completed for $14.00

Cause my rims only have 4 holes. 

I hate to buy more parts but I may just have to do that and use the 4 bolt wheels as part of a new trailer or a log arch or something.....

Jim

scsmith42

Jim, I received a new northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company and Equipment Hotline flyer today, and they have an ATV Live Axle Hub with a 1" axle bore, 4 hole ATV wheel (4" bolt circle).  It says that it accepts a 1" driveshaft that steps down to a 3/4".  It looks very similar to your picture - you may be able to bore it out to the 1.250 bore.

The hotline price is $13.99, and the regular price is 19.99.  The item number is 13829-4606.

Regards,

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

jrokusek

Thanks Scott.   That's actually the hub I have in the picture (behind the wheel of course).   ;)    I may just have to see if someone can do that but I was thinking that might make the walls a bit too thin.  I think I'll wait and make that a winter project!   :D

Jim

Thank You Sponsors!