iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jeff and Tammy's Great Adventure

Started by Jeff, May 07, 2006, 07:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Some of you know, but many may not, that crtreedude and his wife Amy's company has generously provided Tammy and I with an invitation and an adventure that is a chance of a lifetime for us. We are going to Costa Rica!

While we are down there we will have our cameras and also a laptop Computer (that was given to the Forestry Forum by our friend and member Tn_logger just for such occasions) so we can keep in touch and report back to you folks what we see and learn about forestry and re-forestation. We will also be checking in on our pal fla.Dead_header and his new wife.  Tammy and I have never really traveled and this will be Tammy's first time in an airplane. Its old hat for me now that I been to Tom's so I can be her guide for a change. Usually its her having to lead me around. :)

Anyhow, our plans are coming together and I wanted to share them with all of you because in a way, and as much as I can, we are going to try to take all of our forestry forum friends with us via reports and pictures while we are there.

We have our itinerary now. It may change a bit, but it should be pretty close.  We have our passports back and ready (SCARY LOOKIN THINGS), we even have our plane tickets! What I don't know are things like, Is it legal to wear Bermuda shorts in Costa Rica? Dunno. :-\ ;)  My guess its not legal for some one that looks like ME to wear Bermuda shorts in Costa Rica. :-X

Anyhow, here is our Itinerary as it stands right now. 8)

Items marked with * are firm; all others can be changed to another time or skipped, according to what we all feel like doing at the time.

*Thurs June 22 arrive 8:36 PM, be picked up to go to hotel Brilla Sol – Your room has been reserved; you can see the hotel at http://www.hotelbrillasol.com/ -- There is only one door out of the airport, and someone from the hotel will be holding up a yellow sign with your name.

*Fri AM Fred meets you at your hotel for breakfast

*Meet w/ Lucía Rodriguez, our forester, over lunch at the technological university and see their bookstore -- We'll give you a free copy of the book on timber trees that Lucía coauthored, so she'll sign it if you like.

Fri PM arrive at the town of Linda Vista, where Harold Matthews and our partner both live. Harold has invited you to stay with him during your trip.

Sat tour Finca Leola farm #2 with Fred – hilly hiking, beautiful river where you can rest and throw a line in

Sat short walk to Rio Celeste w/ picnic (we'll invite a group)

*Sun AM hike to La Fortuna waterfalls; see souvenirs, art gallery, all near Arenal Volcano

Lunch in a La Fortuna restaurant

Sun PM tour Finca Leola farm #1 with Fred

Sun night to Wed stay at farm #1 with caretaker Martin and family – Martin can safely take you into the rainforest, show you how he goes spearfishing, and take you riding our horses. You'll see the day-to-day operation of the farm and get Spanish immersion.

Wed Harold picks you up and takes you back to Linda Vista

Th early AM Jeff and Fred fishing, maybe early PM also

Lunch at restaurant next to river full of iguanas; lots of interesting carvings and masks

See local leatherwork and indigenous crafts

Fri June 29 AM Jeff and Fred wood exploring trip to sawmills, wood depositories, furniture makers -- *Amy and Tammy will be guest teachers at beginning English classes at a little country school from 10:30 to 11 and 1:20 to 2.

*Sat Jul 1 AM Fred takes you to Posada Mimosa resort to spend Saturday and Sunday (noon check-in). See their Web site http://www.mimosa.co.cr/ -- It's a beautiful place just to relax, or you could take a day trip, like to Sarchi to see everything that's made from Costa Rican wood plus visit an oxcart factory – the hotel owner can help you go wherever you'd like.

*Mon July 3 the hotel will get you to the airport by 5 AM for your 7 AM flight.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RavioliKid

I am so excited for you and Tammy!

Have a great trip!
RavioliKid

sprucebunny

That's  a dream trip  8) 8) I'm looking forward to your photos and  hearing about what you see.

I'd love to go to Costa Rica someday but they have lots of a certain reptile that I REALLY don't like ::) ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Paschale

Giddy up!  With that laptop, we'll all be going for the ride!   8) 8) 8)

Hmm...though I wouldn't worry about giving us updates that are too huge--enjoy yourselves, more than anything, and then take all the time in the world to share the details of your trip when you get back.  I'm happy for you guys!   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

crtreedude

I don't know who is more excited - Tammy or Amy. Honest. Amy spent all day yesterday putting together the itinerary!

We weren't sure where we would be during this week - up here in Ciudad Quesada or at the second finca. Well, it was just decided (we think) yesterday. We got a call from our Landlord asking if someone could rent the house that we are in with an option to buy. We said sure.

We are planning on being out at the second finca by June 10th!

Boy Jeff - are you sure you can stand having your first really trip be Costa Rica?  ;)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

crtreedude

Oh, to the question. NO - ONLY TOURIST TYPES WEAR BERMUDA SHORTS!

Don't go to the bad place - we all wear jeans. It really isn't as hot here as you might think.

Wait a minute - I think Harold wears them too...

Part_Timer

Enjoy your trip and best of luck with the fishing.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

DanG

Harold wears bermuda shorts because he don't own any long britches. ;D :D

Tammy and Jeff, I'm wishin' ya a really great time down there.  I'm lookin' forward to the pics when ya get back.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Texas Ranger

Ya know, there is always some one to throw cold water on the excitement, so I'll only say it once.

fer-de-lance[/size]

;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

No Problem Don, I got Bermuda Shorts. Here they are:

Wildflower

I think it is a tie between Amy and I as to who is more excited.  :D   I just can not believe we are going to Costa Rica. I am so looking forward to seeing the trees and all the neat  things they have.  I am really looking forward to meeting Fred and Amy.  We will post lots of picture when we return. I am taking my own camera so you all will get two perspectives of the trip.   :D

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

crtreedude

One of my secrets of success is to only have one camera. AND I HAVE IT!

There are few pictures of me - and this is considered a positive thing!  ::)

scsmith42

Sounds like an awesome trip!  Y'all have a great time.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Tom

Yeah!   Y'all come back now, Ya hea' ?

Pete J

Hi Jeff and Tammy,

I may not be the biggest world traveler but I'll offer up my advice as if it were me going on the trip.

Travel light. Maybe one bag that will fit in the overhead compartment on the plane and a little backpack over your shoulder. If you can avoid checking a single bag, you will get through baggage claim and customs inspection much quicker. Remember, this is an International trip and it is post 9/11. The trip to Florida was easier since you never left the USA. If you are going through Miami or Dallas, with luggage, be prepared for mucho mucho long lines. I sometimes pack old clothes that I don't re-pack. I throw them away once I've worn them. I usually pick up 1 or two souvenier t-shirts anyway.

Remember sunscreen. Even though it's cooler in the mountains, you are near the equator, and many thousand feet higher in elevation. My math says 10 minutes in CR sun equals 1 hour of CT sun. You can fry very quick.

Figure out the exchange rate right when you land. Cash in some good 'ol greenbacks for some CR Colones and have the rate memorized. It is real easy the think you got a pocket full of monopoly 10,000 bills when they hand you 1/2 million in colones. Take this advice with a bit of seriousness. Even though you are in good hands with Fred and Amy as hosts, You'll feel like crap if you find out later that you paid $120 for a $12 cab ride. I know someone that did that.

Eat the rice and beans for breakfast and the chicken, cilantro rice for dinner, and some of the local Tico dishes. I think they have the best food in the world. If you drink rum, the Costa Rican Centenario brand is the best in the world. Mixed with a little Coca Cola that is made with sugar instead of our corn syrup brand, and you'll have a fine time.

Lastly, absorb the experience and culture that you can only get from visiting a foreign land. Michigan will seem a much smaller place when you return.

Have a blast!

Pete

Jeff

Once you check your luggage on the first flight., you have to get it and recheck it before the international flight?

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

Fla._Deadheader

My shorts get any looser, and they will be long Speedos  ::) ::) ::)

Went from a decent redneck to a RAPPER ? look ???

2 bags are the limit, per person, + a carry-on. Mucho Plata for other bags.  >:( >:(  60 # limit OR 45 # limit. Depends on how they look at you in Estado Unidas  >:( >:( >:(

Throw away stuff is a good idea. Wash and wear is the rule here. Maybe 2 decent outfits, NON Touristy, and yer good to go.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Pete J

I just thought of one more tidbit. Make a photo copy of each of your passports and drivers license and swap them with each other. That way, if you lose your bag with your passport in it, you have something to help you at the US Embassy. I know another guy who left his bag on the ground behind his rental car and drove away. When he returned a short time later it was gone, with his passport, wallet, return plane ticket and all his cash. It is tough to fly home that way. It took him 4 days to get a new passport and have friends wire money to him. Not a relaxing way to extend a vacation.

Not to alarm you, I just want you be better prepared.

CHARLIE

Y'all have a great time.  You are right when you said this will be an experience of a lifetime.  Enjoy experiencing another country's customs and foods.  IMPORTANT:  Keep a daily log of what you did, who you met and what you ate.  Ten to fifteen years from now you'll be glad you did when you re-read it and realize how many memories you had forgotten. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

crtreedude

Jeff and Tammy are on training wheels for this trip - they will always be with our people or us. This keeps them out of too much trouble - we hope.

Except for the trouble we are going to get into with them.  ::)

I would go with much more than 2 outfits - you are going to be very active. Talk with Amy on this one, she has a packing list we have always used - and honed - from our trips before we lived here.

Good footwear is critical - I use hiking boots - waterproof. But, Sandals are great for just hanging out.

You are going to be eating pretty much Tico Tipico the whole time - but generally with good cooks - much better than in a restaurant.

asy

Sounds fantastic...

Boss and Bossette...   THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS:

You are vicariously travelling on our behalfs.

To that end, we require full blow-by-blow descriptions, we want to smell every dish!!!

PHOTOS OF EVERYTHING PLEASE!!! :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

crtreedude

But, the picture of me must wait till the end - after all, we wouldn't want the camera to break, now would we?

Wildflower

I plan on taking lots of pictures. I am making albums when we travel to different parts of the county.
8) 8) woohoo 35 days counting down  8)  8)

asy

I'm just so excited for you Tammy, I can't wait either!!!

Make sure you take lots and heaps of photos pleeeeeeeeease :D

crtreedude

Ah yes - the excitement builds...

Just to add to the confusion (oops - I meant excitement), we are supposed to be moved by June 15th to Monte Cristo.  The little house in the jungle is being prepped while we speak - and you all will land right in the middle of planting season...

We will be ready for a slight breather about then I figure!

Tammy - doncha think that if Jeff worked at it he could make you a banner that changes the amount of days left everyday?  :D

asy

Aaaaaaaah now the truth outs...

BOSS!! BE CAREFUL!!!

Yer really going there to MOVE BOXES!!!

Although that being said, I'd move boxes to get to CR too :D

crtreedude

Okay - late breaking news. I have arranged a fishing trip on Lake Arenal for the fancy Peacock Bass - with a guide and everything. I figured with Jeff I can write off the trip...  ;D

Should be pretty interesting. I was talking with the guide and he said that he uses 20lb firewire for fishing because you have to fight pretty hard the fish or they will wrap you around some trees or something.

20 lb test!

He has the lures and everything.

I knew if I took Jeff fishing and he didn't catch anything, I would never hear the end of it.

asy

hehe, is there gonna be a scuba diver in the water to load the fishies onto the hook, just to be sure the 'tourist' catches something???

I hope you guys are taking the camera with you!

crtreedude

Yep, definitely have a camera with us - you all won't believe we caught anything without one!

Jeff

Asy, I assure you I know a lot more about fishing then I do about being a tourist. Fishing and catching are two different things. Thats why they call it fishing and not catching.  Sometimes you combine the two, sometimes you dont. :)

asy

hehehe, my dad used to say something similar to that... 

I sure hope you catch some!!!

AND I hope they're TASTY!!!

iain

Hoping you all have a blasting good time

Jeff dont ware your "shorts" fishing,
if you go in       then swimming aint that easy in a chain mail mini skirt

still i would like to be the fly on the wall as you splained them to customs ;D

iain

Lud

Visiting and seeing and eating new stuff's the good stuff of travelling.  Airport security and airplane seats and the DanG waste of MONEY are the down-side of travelling.

There's no place like home for me .....but I'll enjoy looking over your shoulders....

Good luck and have fun.    8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

crtreedude

Now Lud, are you saying it is a waste of money for us to bring them down here?  ;) I know it might not look like it (with the fishing and all) but this is a business trip!

crtreedude

Time to get serious about the trip, by my reckoning, they are only about 3 weeks away from fun filled days in paradise!

We are relocating our house mere days before they arrive. Nothing like making things challenging... No problem, it is Amy's job to get us moved.  ::)

We are very excited to have them down. Not only will it be a great trip for them, but we are looking forward to spending time, chewing the fat (yep, got to find a pig and make chicharrones...) and just over all having a good time.

Besides that - I am looking forward to picking Jeff's brain about sawing wood, seeing that in a few more years we are going to have 10s of thousands of BF to deal with. Better to be prepared I always say.

Jeff

Yep, getting close enough for even me to start thinking about it. I was telling Fred I dont usually fill my head with something I need to worry about until I need to worry about it cause my little brain short circuits if I try.

3 weeks!!?? Holy Crap!

iain

Fun filled days in paradise >:(?

Thought you said he was going to work ::)

man i could do with just a few hours of that work right now (thinking of the location)

but on other paw the sun is out here so the temps may get into the teens, we're all of to the lake district (we keep all ours in the some place, it just makes things easier) for Lindas sisters wedding, along with my ma  in laws golden wedding celebrations

the whole lot of them in one big house

we leave in three hours and i aint even looked at where we is going yet ;D

but the phone lines have been on melt down for weeks with all the planning that needs to happen, about what to wear , who's bringing what etc, if i change out of work gear I'll be considered for a merit badge ::) ;D 

iain (in clean work gear)

crtreedude

Well, don't expect us to work TOO hard - after all, this is a trip of a lifetime for them. Besides, being hauled all over can be pretty taxing at times, and they have to put up with my driving...

I have been so busy I don't think I have been to the first finca for 4 weeks.  :o I know it is in excellent shape because I get the reports - but I still want to get back into it. Once we move to the second finca (less than 3 weeks away - we figure we will land between the 15th and the 20th there) it will be so much easier - I will only have one finca to visit because we will be living on the other one.

We are spending way too much time driving around now - we live 1 1/2 hours from either finca and since we are working on getting the house ready, it means lots of visits. I feel like a commuter again.  :-\

Just a few more weeks. My office is to be ready on the 10th, so once it is there - so am I!

asy

WOO HOO!

Only 3 weeks! Too cool!

Don't forget!

LOTS OF PHOTOS!

crtreedude

Okay - things have worked itself out that we will be in the new place about 7 days before Jeff and Tammy get here.

What happen is this - Amy called our Landlord and told him last night that we would be out by between july 15th and 20th. He just called and said the new tenants will be here the 15th!  :o :o

According to my calculations - that is less than two weeks.

Can't we ever do things the easy way?

Jeff

My calculations is that is over a month. 6 days before those that have great birthdays have great birthdays. Aint that right Charlie and Noble?  JULY 21. 

crtreedude

Sorry - confusion is getting thick around here, I meant to say JUNE 15th... one week before you arrive.

Wildflower

17 days WOO  HOO 8)  8)  8)[/size]

crtreedude

Until I saw the banner moving, I thought you were speachless with excitement!

I think your timing is excellent for the weather - the start of the rainy season is, well rainy. Like makes you wonder the meaning of cubits at times - but after that, it settles into a routine of raining about 2 or 3 in the afternoon for 30 minutes to a couple of hours. In other words, just in time to cool things off a bit.

Of course, when it goes for two hours - it is just in time for me to get wet on my cycle on the way home - which is fine.

Gravel is being hauled up to the little house in the jungle, so our moving truck can get up there.

joelmar10

I am so jealous.  I've been reading up on your operation, Fred.  On your website and the myriad other websites with your fingerprints on them.   smiley_thumbsup

And here I'm scheduled to be on vacation during that time...AT HOME.

smiley_sidelightbulb  I might fit in a carryon...Jeff?.....Tammy?.....

HAVE A GREAT TIME EVERYBODY
I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

crtreedude

I am leaving fingerprints?

One of the ways that I satisfy my curiosity is these forums, and keep learning. Yes, I am learning lots and lots about Costa Rica by living here - but there is so much more to learn too. So, I tend to hang out at various forums.

Forestry Forum is my favorite because Jeff and crew runs a tight ship - no one is allowed to hijack the forum for their own purposes, but we are allowed to have fun. Tons of great info, but also lots and lots of good friends.

The weight limit on luggage is I think 50 lbs now - I don't think you will make it - unless you are pretty small...

Bro. Noble

milking and logging and sawing and milking

Roxie

That wouldn't go as far as ya think Bro. Noble.........have you seen the size of the beetles down there?   :o ;D
Say when

Jeff

I haven't had the nerve to ask about Spiders yet.  :-X

Fred, I saw the tail end of a documentary that was about the "Spheres of Costa Rica"  Do you know anything about this and are there any near where we will be?

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_12.htm

crtreedude

I think we actually have a small one - they are pretty common. Lots and lots of explainations - but no one really knows.

My thought is that they are the result of volcanic eruptions. Do you know how they make shot for shotguns? I think we might be dealing with something similar.

Bugs? Well, we have a few large ones...

crtreedude

There aren't a lot of spiders down here that I have seen. There are some - but they tend toward the large - and they are easy to see.

Jeff

That beetle is big enough to bark.

crtreedude

crtreedude

By the way Jeff - good ole Arenal is really getting active. I think your timing is excellent. Lots of lava, rocks and such recently. Usually these things are cyclic and continue for a few months.

I was down near the volcano and saw an ash cloud covering one side of the volcano last week - then later in the day, a storm came up - and you could see the steam blasting off the lava! Very, very neat.

Tom

Jeff,
Do you know what is the last thing to go through a bugs mind when he hits the windsheild?

Don't get too close to that volcano.  That thing could end up severing all contact that South America has with North America.  You think the Panama canal is a big ditch? 

No telling where you might come down if that thing blows up.  You might be everywhere.  :D

crtreedude

Jeff - aren't friends wonderful?

It isn't the volcanoes like Arenal that worry me - it is those plugged up ones like you have up there. A boiling pot isn't a problem.

A pressure cooker with a defective relief value is...  :o

asy

Hey Fred,

Is that ya pet beetle? Do you name him and take him for walks???

Boss, I sure hope you never hear the phrase "There's ants in ya pants" while you're a-visitin'.

crtreedude

Nah, he is Geraldo's. but, he is dead - the best kind of bug pet.

asy

Apparently not, according to my 12yo boy.   :-\

He'd be constructing a cage for that beastie's relatives now..

crtreedude

Shall I box one up and send it to him...  ;D

I did recently find a pair (male and female) on the first finca.  They are incredibly strong. One of the latched onto a bag and wouldn't let go! Amazing really.

asy

Quote from: crtreedude on June 14, 2006, 06:42:41 AM
Shall I box one up and send it to him...  ;D

He'd LOVE THAT!

Not entirely sure Australian Quarantine would, though...

Wildflower

Jeff

iain

I see now why you got a dog that small :D

iain

asy

Be careful Boss and Bossette,

They got BUGS there bigger than that doggie...

Tom

I just watched about half of a Jeff Corwin show.  He was in Costa Rica.  First he chased a 6ft Fer de lance around the rain forest in his sandles and shorts.  No, the snake wsn't in sandles and shorts, Jeff was.  Finally he caught it and showed it to us..  He was shaking like a leaf.  I know it couldn't have been from the cold.

Then he found a 7ft Bushmaster but he wouldn't pick it up..  He did have to play with it awhile with a stick though.

Next he showed us several species of poisous frogs.  "Poison Aroow" frogs  He said they might make you sick or they might even kill you.

Then we saw some monkeys and an arboreal anteater. 

I figured I had seen enough. that guy is nuts.

Jeff

Yea, I seen those frogs. Those are the ones you can actually lick and go freaky. I like Jeff Corwin's show. He's a character.

crtreedude

I bet Jeff Corwin was shaking because he discovered something we all know really well down here - if there is one large fer-de-lance, there usually is another. They usually travel in pairs.

Perhaps he was just saved by an attentive handler?

Chasing anything in the jungle is shorts is a quick way to die.

The frogs will make you sick (or perhaps kill you) if you eat them. One of the old folk remedias for warts here is to place a poison arrow frog on it - the poison kills it.

All anteaters (except the giant) climb trees - I saw one around midnight on New Years Eve while walking in the jungle in the middle of the night (with a professional guide - I am crazy, but not THAT crazy!)

crtreedude

So, if I figure it right (people tell me my schedule) you are just about ready to jump on the plane tomorrow.

Is Tammy bouncing off the walls yet?

Jeff

Yea. :D  She's at this moment is printing our boarding passes. This time tomorrow we should be on the final leg of our trip. 

Tom is going to start a thread tomorrow and start tracking us from the time we leave the house. If eveything goes right I'll be using the camera phone to take photos and send back to Tom via email, right up until we get on the plane from Houston to Costa Rica.  Prepair for some boring shots of us waiting around in airports, or perhaps more exciting shots of Tammy trying to drag me as quick as she can to the right gates... :D

Wildflower

smiley_hellow_im_here smiley_hellow_im_here smiley_hellow_im_here Less than 24 hours woo hoo  8)  8)  8)

crtreedude

We are anxiously awaiting your arrival as well. Perhaps I should send "the other side" from the office everyday - some pictures, my side of the story, etc. Strange comments by people around Jeff and Tammy in Spanish, etc.

It should be a lot of fun.

Roxie

Keep an eye on his soda can....he seemed to have a lot of trouble with that when he visited Tom.   :)
Say when

crtreedude

You know, I am not sure I have ever seen diet coke here....

Just kidding. ;D

Jeff

I can do with out the diet coke as long as the caffeine needs are fulfilled. I think that should not be a problem there. :)

Jeff

Anybody know where we can hire some Sherpas?

Furby

Tibet ???

Link

smiley_headscratch
Now I'm confused though. :-\

Tom

Further definition reads:

QuoteIn recent years, many Sherpas have migrated to India.

They moved to India to better their living conditions and are now working as illegal aliens in that country in the outsourced job market in phone sales and customer call centers. 

Jeff, all you have to do is dial 411 and when Mr. Rangaswamy identifies himself as Mr. Smith, just tell him that you need a Sherpa. :D

Furby

Jeff

sprucebunny

Have a great time, Jeff and Tammy. 8)

I'll be looking forward to pictures.

Take snacks and drinks to the airport with you.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Furby

Jeff

Corley5

Have a great time and be careful.  I looking forward to a report on the peacock bass fishing excursion 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Fla._Deadheader

Furby, you rang  ??? ??? ??? ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Furby

Jeff needs you to carry his bags!
I told him you would be delighted to! ;)

He also seems to need a hat, got a spare?

Fla._Deadheader

He's gonna hafta struggle with them bags, hisself.  I been sawing 2 X 8's--40 FEET long today.  ::) ::)

Wanna guess how much THEY weigh ???  Got 2 more days of this fun project.  Track was made up and it was 8' TOO SHORT  ::) ::) ::)  Made an extension outta a 4 X 4 and a piece of wood for the guide rail.  There are some REALLY industrious people down here, including yours truly.  ;) :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

Well, I suppose I better zzzz_smiley so I can think about  fly_smiley in the morning.  We wont meet up with  fred_head until Friday Morning, so I'll have time to put my  sling_shot together before he gets there.

UNCLEBUCK

Oh yeah , have a good trip  food3  me and  smiley_kid will be waiting to see all the pics  smiley_deadheader alligator  ! 
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Jeff

I went out and found some smilies in preperati0n for this trip as you can see. I got a special one here. Fred always talks about why there are no pictures of him. Well, I figure on curing that, but just so we are prepared, I gotcha all this smiley to use, just in case.

yikes_smiley

UNCLEBUCK

UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Roxie

boxingsmiley

You really have been busy!  I hope you both have the time of your life!
Say when

asy

SAYONARA!!!  fred_head

Careful of those snakeys! bat_smailey

Don't eat anything you're not supposed to!!!  wait_smiley

Have fun! smiley_alcoholic_01

asy :D smiley_daisy

iain

Seem's to me that people are pigging out on the new smiley's sketti_1

you know in some life's it dont take to much to get the excitment going ::) smiley_gorgeous bath_smiley

iain

OneWithWood

'bout time we got some new smileys. . . it was gettin' to the point that I couldn't comment on stuff on account of a serious lack of smileys . . .

Have a good and safe trip.  You did get your passport, didn't you?  smiley_contract ban_smiley
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Roxie

Ut oh.......I think you located a flaw in the system, OWW.   bike_rider
Say when

Jeff

I fixed em. He didnt give the two dudes some space.   We have 57 minutes before we leave.

ronwood

Best of luck Jeff and Tammy on the trip. Hope all goes well and have a good time.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Thank You Sponsors!