iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree Of Heaven/ Health Risk

Started by Dale Hatfield, May 06, 2006, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Hatfield

Working with this tree can cause heart trouble
The tree-of-heaven, as it is commonly
known, is a tree of the sumac family that is native to China. the Ailanthus altissima is thought to be a cardiac depressant .
Seams that the sap can make you very ill.
I have a PDF file from the Journal of Medicine.  That  tells what happened to a Tree worker that  was exposed to the sap and how it affected him.

Dale Hatfield
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

solodan

Tree-of Heaven is my least favorite tree that I know of. I think it has one of those opposite names, kind of like calling a fat guy "Tiny" :D. The chinese planted lots of it in California through out the Mother Lode while they were hereĀ  diggin for gold. Apparently it was to remind them of home. I think it was possibly revenge directed towards the white man for being treated so poorly. Lots of it in the foothills down below me, so I am very familiar with the tree, but have never heard of any health risks related to this tree, but on the contrary I have read that this tree has been used sucessfully inĀ  chinese medicine, including cardiac palpitation ???

Tom

Southern yellow Pine can control Heart Palpitation too.  Not too many know it, but, those brought up where SYP is common, sure do.

If you approach someone with a SYP 2x4 in your hand, his heart will begin to palpitate.  Knowledgeably applied, his heart will again reach a point of normality.  Over-doses may cause it to stop all together.

Thank You Sponsors!