iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buying a project Forano!?

Started by krusty, May 04, 2006, 11:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krusty

:o

Went to look at a Forano circular mill last night that 'needed a little work'. I get there and the think is a heap of metal! He had 2 50" approx blades. The carriage needed the wood beams in it replaced. Would use tubing or channel instead.

Head would need to be attached somehow and the feed mechanism is a mess. It is belt driven but would likely convert to PTO.

Should I even consider this? The mechanicals of the carriabe needed to be lubed up but were operable. He was asking $2k but for me, depening on the price of channel I would need I think the most I would offer would be $1k realizing it has the basics for a project.

Comments?

sawguy21

Sounds like it would have little value other  than salvage. Almost anything can be rebuilt with enough time, money and patience but how far are you willing to go?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

D._Frederick

K.,

"Head would need to be attached somehow "

The husk and the track are bolted to the foundation that the mill will sit on.

$2000  would not be a bad price if the blades are in good condition and have not sat outside and are all rusty and pitted.

krusty

Blades are not pited and have been stored indoors.

Buzz-sawyer

The price is not even inthe realm of reality....
You can buy operable sawmills with power plants for nearly that price all over the country ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

J_T

Buzz is right on  8) for a fuzz more I bet I know where one is  ;D What kind of blades some are obsleat now days  ???
Jim Holloway

krusty

Thanks for the comments! I will snap a pic one evening when I am out that way...what would you pay for it?

Buzz-sawyer

I would offer the carcass of a wc tractor for the lot...junk for junk...seems fair :D :D
I cant say, since I am tight on cash deals....if the blades are insert....b/f types and look decent .....$500 for the lot????
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Thank You Sponsors!