iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Have cash , Want to buy

Started by RichlandSawyer, May 04, 2006, 01:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichlandSawyer

I've been searching Ebay, classifieds, even the bulletin boards at the gas stations. I'm looking to buy a 36 hour day!!
I figured 36 hours was just about right, 8 hours for work, 8 hours for sawmill, 8 hours for honeydoo, 8 hours for fun with the kids and 4 hours left for sleep. I would settle for an enterprising teenage neighbor kid. I'm not having much luck.
Any help would be appreciated.
Every log i open up, a board falls out!!!

Blake22

You want a 36 hour day go find my exwife. It takes her an hour and a half to watch sixty minutes. ;D ;D
Blake

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Now look what you've started
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

twoodward15

You're just the guy I've been looking for, except I'm not a teenager and don't live near you.  I'd sure like a part time job working around the mill.  I'm heading out to a friends mill in an hour today.  There might be a real big, I mean really really really really big raise coming my way in a couple months and it'll help me decide wether or not to buy a small mill for my woodworking use.  Then I won't be looking for a guy like you anymore.
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Gary_C

Send me your cash and I will give you what you want, but only every other day.    :D :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Daren

I have a couple hours a week I just waste I guess I would be willing to sell if the money was right. It's the hours I spend looking for the hammer, pliers, can of pop... I JUST sat down and can't find 5 minutes later.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

isawlogs

Hey Daren it takes you a whole 5 minutes to loose those things  ::) , I manage that in less time then it takes to turn around  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

RichlandSawyer

I really like the angle of finding lost time. I never even thought of that. I wondered around the shop for a couple minutes the other night looking for my 9/16 wrench, i found it when i had to set it down to move the grinder. If i add up all that time i bet i could gain atleast a month every year!!

PS. that hour and a half to watch 60 minutes is just TEARING ME UP!!!!!!

pigman

I have some extra hours I will give you. If I sell them to you I would have to pay taxes on the income and I can't afford that. ::)   I figure that I can only work four hours before I get too tired. I sleep about six hours. It takes me about three hours to eat, bad teeth. I am expected to do three hours of honey do jobs. I am on the Forestry Forum three hours, slow dial up. Thats only nineteen hours I use ever day. I have no idea what I do the other five hours, so you can just have them free of charge. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

sawguy21

Quote from: RichlandSawyer on May 04, 2006, 04:36:37 PM
   I wondered around the shop for a couple minutes the other night looking for my 9/16 wrench, i found it when i had to set it down to move the grinder.

PS. that hour and a half to watch 60 minutes is just TEARING ME UP!!!!!!

I am glad I'm not the only one that does that. I feel better already. :D

RichlandSawyer

sawguy, you have a 9/16 wrench ???  I thought they were illegal in canda.

sawguy21

Yup, just dont tell anybody ;D

IMERC

Quote from: isawlogs on May 04, 2006, 12:50:50 PM
Hey Daren it takes you a whole 5 minutes to loose those things  ::) , I manage that in less time then it takes to turn around  ;D

or stnding there with it in your hand and can't find it...
or put it in your pocket and it's missing till wash day...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

sawguy21

Amazing what you or an annoyed significant other can find in the washing machine ;D

IMERC

doesn't get interesting till it makes it to the dryer...

oh the racket some times....

Jeff

You had a racket go through the wash and didnt find it until it was in the dryer? More then once?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

IMERC

just once...what was left of it...

now the cat was different story....

highpockets

If you will paint the shop dust pan, broom, and tape measure a bright orange, you'll see that things can be done faster. That is where my time goes, looking for them.  I still don't know where one of my 1/2" wrenches is.

Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

IMERC

Quote from: highpockets on May 05, 2006, 06:08:19 AM
If you will paint the shop dust pan, broom, and tape measure a bright orange, you'll see that things can be done faster. That is where my time goes, looking for them.  I still don't know where one of my 1/2" wrenches is.

have ya seen the can of orange paint...

Daren

:D :D, No, but I swear I just had it 5 minutes ago.

Bro. Noble

Well now I feel sorry for you guys and your misplacing things :D :D  Even though my family as well as some good 'friends' have recently been acusing me of being senile,  I really don't have any problems-----that deal at the sale barn last week could have happened to anyone :-\ ::)

Now this started out about wanting to get a teenager to help out,  I DanG near got me one 8) 8)  I was taking a calf to the salebarn and was in kind of a hurry to get to a dentist appointment.  I've got these old 'slide in' stock racks that I've had for 40 years and seems like no one has ever seen a gate like it has. It just slides strait up and has a little hook.  Well I pulled up and there was an old fellow almost my age,  a young boy,  and a good looking teenage girl taking in the livestock.  The old fellow knew how to open the gate of my racks and had it opened up.  The girl climbs in to wrestle the calf out,  and the young fellow (wouldn't you guess),  was doing the paper work >:().  Well he hands me a reciept and says "thanks".  I looked in the rearview mirror and sees the old guy dragging the calf off.  I headed for the dentist,  but didn't get very far before I heard a bunch of banging and yelling :o :o  I still had a pickup load of pithed off teenage girl :D :D :D :D

Oh well,  my wife probably wouldn't have let me keep her anyway ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Daren

Bro. Noble you are either going senile or just turning blond. I used to work with a lady, nice as could be, but what an airhead. She was always in a hurry. She told stories on herself all the time. I will only repeat one. She stopped at a gas station for gas. Put the nozzle in and nothing, she messed with it for a minute then saw it was a "pay first, then pump" place. She was running late and it was pouring rain so she ran in real fast and threw a $10 bill on the counter. Se went back to her car, jumped in and took off. She had not only not pumped any gas, but the nozzle was still in the car. It put a big scratch on the fender as it came flying out. (lucky she didn't tear the thing off).

tlooney

Quote from: Daren on May 05, 2006, 12:05:37 PM

:D :D, No, but I swear I just had it 5 minutes ago.
When you do find it, I'll bet it's the last place you looked. (I would hope anyway)
Lucasmill 827
Kubota tractor with forks
current project: finished solar kiln now trying to sell lumber

IMERC

[
When you do find it, I'll bet it's the last place you looked. (I would hope anyway)

so ya'd think we could remember to look there 1st..

IMERC

found the paint... now where's the stuff that needed painting...

it was on the bench....

Thank You Sponsors!