iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM finally disappointed me

Started by just_sawing, April 29, 2006, 07:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

I went to the logger and Lumberman show in Parsons Tn and WM finally didn't walk on water as they have for 13 years. I guess the gentalman form Norcross Ga figured I was the customer to blow off. I am sure glad I deal with Indy.
I have been on the third day and understand being Human. Oh well WM is run by humans also. I began to wonder with all the times they have pulled my chestnuts out of the fire.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

HORSELOGGER

Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DanG

I'll bet I know of whom he speaks.  True, he doesn't have the most bubbly personality you'll ever run into, but he's a pretty DanG nice guy.

Don't let it get you down, J_S. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

jpgreen

Don't get it neither.

We need more info to decipher those DanG fangled words..  ;D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

DanG

I think I know what J_S is talking about.  It reminds me of a sorta "same only different" situation at Moultrie last year.  It was Ga-Boy's show, as far as the Peterson team was concerned, but Captain came down to help out.  Well, Ga-Boy was tied up talking to a customer, when another customer came up, demanding to talk to Mark, RIGHT NOW!  Poor Captain was trying his best to hold the guy at bay until Mark was freed up, but the guy just couldn't seem to understand that the other customer was just as important and deserved the attention he was getting.  I was fortunate to just be the fly on the wall, and I enjoyed the whole thing a lot more than Captain did. ;D :D :D :D

Point is, it is hard to not feel like you're being "blown off" sometimes, but you don't always know what all is going on that might delay your recieving attention.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Flurida_BlackCreek

I'm pretty sure I know of whom he is speaking also. Like Dang said, don't let it bother you he is a nice guy, but he doesn't muti-task.
I'm happy anywhere south of the mason-dixon line.
-- cdb

just_sawing

No it wasn't a casae of me butting in at the inappropiate time. My better half and I went to the WM site three times. The last time I just sat down and waited. when he was free it was plain I did not need to be in his space. It's OK I don't make judgements on one encounter and hopefully there will be anpther change some day.
You can follow me at

easymoney

i was dissapointed that no one had anything on display except thier mills. i wanted to see some sharpeners and setters. everyone apparently just wanted to sell thier mills. i really enjoyed watching the mills in operation especially woodmizer. i enjoyed the food and the show.

MemphisLogger

Easymoney and Just Sawing,

I'm sorry we didn't run into each other. I was in Parsons the whole weekend running a booth for the Tennessee Forests Council promoting uneven age selection. You may ahve seen my display inside--a huge slab o' Walnut for a table and an ERC routed sign.

I was disappointed because most of the vendors wouldn't let me demobtrate their mills for 'em (except Norwood  :-\) I'd a sold some machines for 'em  ;D

As for the 'Mizer boys from GA, I was also disappointed that they didn't have any tshirts or ball caps  ???

Maybe we need to have a Forestry Forum meet up next year  :)

UrbanLogger (aka Scott Banbury form Memphis)     
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Corley5

I was at a show last year and was interested in talking to someone about two different brands of firewood processors they sold.  I could never catch anyone at their display.  They'd apparently do a demo and run away ::).  I checked their lot several times and no one was ever around when I was there.  There were piles of wood and signs of activity but no one was there when I was.  The guys next to them were always there and sold me one of their machines ;) ;D :)  I had it narrowed down to the one I bought and one of the brands the other folks sold.  It influenced my decision ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

just_sawing

Just one thing that I want to end this thread with. I have owned three WM and if tomorrow was the forth it also would be a WM. We have often joked that when we get off the phone with them walk to the back door and UPS will be there to deliverer the part.
I spent some time in Japan and naturally the mill went down. WM spent three hours on the phone with my wife until they had the problem figured out and fixed. It just don't get better than that.
I do demostrations at county fairs (This is how I get to play) and woodmizer is always there with a hat to give away and blades to help out.
So even though I was disappointed last Saturday there have been many good experiances with WM over the years so that one thing just don't matter.
You can follow me at

jpgreen

OK.. now your "walk on water" statement makes sense.
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Thank You Sponsors!