iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Order canceled

Started by Brad_S., April 28, 2006, 07:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_S.

A good family friend has been buying lumber from me since the day I started sawing. He gave me my first job at 15 working at the Dairy Queen he owned. Gave all my siblings their first job too, so it would be a pleasure to sell wood to him cheap in his retirement years as a thank you.
Talked to him last night about tonights delivery of some lumber he ordered, he lives in my home town 120 miles from where I am now. Spent some time today pulling his order and loading it up but came home to a message on the machine saying to call his house. I did and found he had passed this morning.
The world is sadder place with his passing. Farewell, Bill Edwards.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Part_Timer

Brad

Sorry to hear that.  Good folks like that are hard to find these days.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Tom

I know that must break you up, Brad.

It sounds like you had a wonderful relationship.  It's difficult losing someone you've known all of your life.  Bill sounds like a fellow that liked kids.  I'm sure there are a lot of you who he befriended that will cherish the memories.  You probably made him happy with your success.

Faron

Sounds like he was active and planning his next project when his time came.  If I could choose, I'd like to end like that.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Radar67

Brad, sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep his family and yours in my prayers.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

DanG

Brad, I'm sorry to learn of the passing of your old friend.  It sounds like he might have given many, many kids a good start in their working careers.  I'm sure he will be missed by the entire community. :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawguy21

Quote from: Faron on April 28, 2006, 08:59:35 PM
Sounds like he was active and planning his next project when his time came.  If I could choose, I'd like to end like that.
So would I. It is part of life but sure does not make it easier when the time comes. I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

getoverit

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Brad. My prayers are with you and his other friends and family.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

UNCLEBUCK

That is a sad day isnt it .  Sorry to hear that Brad
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

DoubleD

Brad I am sorry for you on the loss of your friend Bill. It will be a tough time so I will keep you and his family in my prayers
Wannabe a sawmiller

Coon

Sorry to hear of Bill's passing.  I'mm sure though that you'll cherish many fond memories of him.

One thing you may or may not choose to do is to leave the lumber piled in a location off to the side where it is not going to be in your way in Bill's memory.  Just a thought......   One will then be able to ponder the question what was he going to build with it????

Brad.

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!