iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I joined the Orange club

Started by SawInIt CA, November 25, 2002, 06:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawInIt CA

I finaly bought my own mill and am ready to make some sawdust. I got a 99 WM 40 Super with a 42 horse Kohler diesel. ;D. I guess I should stop lurking and start posting.

Dave in California.

Tom

Welcome aboard, SawInIt CA/Dave

You've got no excuses now :D

If this is your first excursion into the world of making lumber, you are headed for a pleasurable experience.  Sawing logs is fun and so is hanging around here. :P :D

Bibbyman

Welcome Dave,  What are you going to saw first?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Minnesota_boy

Iff'n I were Dave, I just saw one of the log stops first and get it over with. :D
Welcome Dave!
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Tillaway

Hi Dave, I live in the Great State of Jefferson just a little North of you.  I still can't get myself to say that "C" word.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

SawBilly

Welcome Dave, ifin ya just bought a '99 then you may have to replace one of those stops before you can cut it ;D

Not only do we cut lumber here, but we also talk about shotguns and deer hunting and raising families...

SawInIt CA

I have been sawing for little awhile but this is the first mill that I own. Yes the mill does have a little cut on the log stop, I am sure I will make it a little deeper before long. I have a nice stack of redwood, doug fir and some black oak at the ready for my first project.

Kevin_H.

Welcome Dave,
Man are you going to learn a lot around here. Orange you glad you bought a good mill.
My log clamp seems to give me as much trouble as the log stops...Battle scars
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

WoodChucker

Hey welcome Dave, you've come to the right place!
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Minnesota_boy

Ah, yes, the log clamp on mine has plenty of "battle scars".  I just polished the top of the log stop yesterday again.  Not a hint of Orange on the top of that one!  :-/
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

BRP

Welcome Dave,
You did buy a good mill and really enjoy this forum.Redwood huh think you could post some pics,luv to see them.

OneWithWood

Welcome, Dave.  That's a nice setup you have acquired.  The sawdust ought to be piling up in no time 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

ARKANSAWYER

AAHH!  another Orange one in the fold. ;D  Welcome Dave.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

whitepe

Welcome SawInIt CA/Dave,
 I too am color blind and only see orange. When I retire
I will get one last transfusion to get most of the yellow
blood out of my veins and put in predominantly orange blood.
Since I grew up in Indiana there was only one choice
to make and it was spelled W-O-O-D-M-I-Z-E-R.
Ever since I bought my LT15, logs have been falling
out of the sky.

Whitepe
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Bro. Noble

Perry,

Do you ever come across any redwood up there in ellynoise?  Recon you could saw one on your LT15?

Welcome Dave,  You may have to show us how to cut humongus redwood logs on a WM.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

SawInIt CA

We do have some nice redwood up here. I get the old growth ones that have been on the forest floor for 100 years or better. There trash is our treasure ;D. Yes they are big I rip most with the 394. Sold some old growth 12x12s to a guy in Japan and they are just putting them in the ground like fence posts so they can see old growth  ???

whitepe

Noble,

That LT15 will saw anything except metal.
Sorry I couldn't arrange to get that CAT loader
yesterday in Detweiler park.  I guess we will just
have to be happy with our initials newly carved in
that Redwood log.  Did you get home in time
Saturday to do any milking?

Also, is there anyway I can get a copy of that article that
your grandfather wrote?

Whitepe

P.S. to Jeff
If I hurry I might get that hat for Christmas.   :D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Jeff

You might earn it by then but you prolly won't get it by then. They are one back order. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodman

Jim Cripanuk

Bro. Noble

Whitepe,

Don't worry about the loader,  we will always need something fun to do next visit.

I will try to make a copy of the articles that Dad wrote.  There is another I have copies of that I didn't show you.

Maybe you ought to get that cap from Jeff before he finds out what you carved on that log.  

Yes, I got back in time to milk.  I usually poke around getting back in order to miss out but had told them I would be here.

I'm up this morning two hrs early trying to catch up on the forum wisdom.  

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Thank You Sponsors!